Constitutional tariffs, incidental protection, and the Laffer relationship in the early United States
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Canto, Victor A. & Joines, Douglas H. & Laffer, Arthur B., 1983. "Foundations of Supply-Side Economics," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 1, number 9780121588205, July.
- Irwin, Douglas A., 1998.
"Higher Tariffs, Lower Revenues? Analyzing the Fiscal Aspects of “The Great Tariff Debate of 1888”,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 58(01), pages 59-72, March.
- Douglas A. Irwin, 1997. "Higher Tariffs, Lower Revenues? Analyzing the Fiscal Aspects of the "Great Tariff Debate of 1888"," NBER Working Papers 6239, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Mcguire & T. Van Cott, 2003. "A Supply and Demand Exposition of a Constitutional Tax Loophole: The Case of Tariff Symmetry," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 39-45, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Horacio L. P. Piffano, 2010. "Taxation on Rural Sector: Tax Burden, Land Value and Property Right," Department of Economics, Working Papers 077, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
More about this item
KeywordsTariffs; Protection; Laffer Curve; H20; K10; N41; N71; F13;
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
- K10 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - General (Constitutional Law)
- N41 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - U.S.; Canada: Pre-1913
- N71 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services - - - U.S.; Canada: Pre-1913
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:copoec:v:20:y:2009:i:2:p:177-192. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Mallaigh Nolan). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.