Negative externalities of close guanxi within organizations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mike W. Peng & Justin Tan & Tony W. Tong, 2004. "Ownership Types and Strategic Groups in an Emerging Economy," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(7), pages 1105-1129, November.
- Xiao-Ping Chen & Chao C. Chen, 2004. "On the Intricacies of the Chinese Guanxi: A Process Model of Guanxi Development," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 305-324, September.
- Chen, Xiao-Ping, 1996. "The Group-Based Binding Pledge as a Solution to Public Goods Problems," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 192-202, May.
- Mannix, Elizabeth A., 1993. "Organizations as Resource Dilemmas: The Effects of Power Balance on Coalition Formation in Small Groups," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 1-22, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas Begley & Naresh Khatri & Eric Tsang, 2010. "Networks and cronyism: A social exchange analysis," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 281-297, June.
- Yuntao Bai & Guohong Helen Han & P. D. Harms, 2016. "Team Conflict Mediates the Effects of Organizational Politics on Employee Performance: A Cross-Level Analysis in China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 95-109.
- Jennifer Lai & Long Lam & Yan Liu, 2010. "Do you really need help? A study of employee supplication and job performance in China," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 541-559, September.
- Guoquan Chen & Dean Tjosvold, 2012. "Shared rewards and goal interdependence for psychological safety among departments in China," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 433-452, June.
- Hom, Peter W. & Xiao, Zhixing, 2011. "Embedding social networks: How guanxi ties reinforce Chinese employees’ retention," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 188-202.
- Hualiang Lu & Shuyi Feng & Jacques H. Trienekens & S.W.F. Omta, 2012. "Network strength, transaction-specific investments, inter-personal trust, and relationship satisfaction in Chinese agri-food SMEs," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(3), pages 363-378, August.
- Jintong Tang, 2010. "How entrepreneurs discover opportunities in China: An institutional view," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 461-479, September.
- Cynthia Ho & Kylie Redfern, 2010. "Consideration of the Role of Guanxi in the Ethical Judgments of Chinese Managers," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 207-221.
- repec:eee:regeco:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:108-118 is not listed on IDEAS
- Douglas Fuller, 2010. "How law, politics and transnational networks affect technology entrepreneurship: Explaining divergent venture capital investing strategies in China," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 445-459, September.
More about this item
KeywordsGuanxi; Favor exchanges; Negative externality; Individualism relationalism and collectivism; Organizational social capital; Universalism–particularism; Social dilemma;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:asiapa:v:26:y:2009:i:1:p:37-53. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .