Mortgage Default Rates and Borrower Race
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- S. Michael Giliberto & Arthur L. Houston, 1989. "Relocation Opportunities and Mortgage Default," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 17(1), pages 55-69.
- Becker, Gary S, 1993. "Nobel Lecture: The Economic Way of Looking at Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 385-409, June.
- Douglas Evanoff & Lewis Segal, 1997.
"Strategic Responses to Bank Regulation: Evidence From HMDA Data,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 11(1), pages 69-93, February.
- Douglas D. Evanoff & Lewis M. Segal, 1996. "Strategic responses to bank regulation: evidence from HMDA data," Working Paper Series, Issues in Financial Regulation WP-96-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Anthony M.J. Yezer & Robert F. Phillips & Robert P. Trost, 1994.
"Bias in estimates of discrimination and default in mortgage lending: the effects of simultaneity and self-selection,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, pages 197-222.
- Yezer, Anthony M J & Phillips, Robert F & Trost, Robert P, 1994. "Bias in Estimates of Discrimination and Default in Mortgage Lending: The Effects of Simultaneity and Self-Selection," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 197-215, November.
- Capozza, Dennis R, 1994. "Race, Redlining, and Residential Mortgage Loan Performance: Comments," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 295-298, November.
- Berkovec, James A & Canner, Glenn B. & Gabriel, Stuart A. & Hannan, Timothy H., 1994.
"Race, Redlining, and Residential Mortgage Loan Performance,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 263-294, November.
- James A. Berkovec & Glenn B. Canner & Stuart A. Gabriel & Timothy H. Hannan, 1994. "Race, redlining, and residential mortgage loan performance," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, pages 263-298.
- Munnell, Alicia H. & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell & Lynn E. Browne & James McEneaney, 1996.
"Mortgage Lending in Boston: Interpreting HMDA Data,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 25-53, March.
- Alicia H. Munnell, 1992. "Mortgage lending in Boston: interpreting HMDA data," Working Papers 92-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- James B. Kau & Donald C. Keenan & Taewon Kim, 1993. "Transaction Costs, Suboptimal Termination and Default Probabilities," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 21(3), pages 247-263.
- Kerry D. Vandell & Thomas Thibodeau, 1985. "Estimation of Mortgage Defaults Using Disaggregate Loan History Data," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 13(3), pages 292-316.
- Ferguson, Michael F & Peters, Stephen R, 1995. " What Constitutes Evidence of Discrimination in Lending?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 739-748, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Janet Currie & Erdal Tekin, 2015. "Is There a Link between Foreclosure and Health?," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 7(1), pages 63-94, February.
- Diaz-Serrano, Luis, 2004.
"Income Volatility and Residential Mortgage Delinquency: Evidence from 12 EU Countries,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1396, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Luis Diaz-Serrano, 2005. "Income Volatility and Residential Mortgage Delinquency: Evidence from 12 EU countries," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n1530205, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Diaz-Serrano, Luis, 2005. "Income volatility and residential mortgage delinquency across the EU," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 153-177, September.
- repec:spt:apfiba:v:8:y:2018:i:3:f:8_3_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yan Chang & Abdullah Yavas, 2009. "Do Borrowers Make Rational Choices on Points and Refinancing?," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 37(4), pages 635-658.
- John Gilderbloom & Katrina Anaker & Gregory Squires & Matt Hanka & Joshua Ambrosius, 2011. "Why Foreclosure Rates in African American Neighborhoods are so High: Looking at the Real Reaonss," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1597, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:18:n:2:1999:p:279-290. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://www.aresnet.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.