Availability of credit to small and minority-owned businesses: Evidence from the 1993 National Survey of Small Business Finances
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Berger, Allen N & Udell, Gregory F, 1995. "Relationship Lending and Lines of Credit in Small Firm Finance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(3), pages 351-381, July.
- Duca John V. & Rosenthal Stuart S., 1993.
"Borrowing Constraints, Household Debt, and Racial Discrimination in Loan Markets,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 77-103, October.
- Duca, John V. & Rosenthal, Stuart S., 1993. "Borrowing constraints, household debt, and racial discrimination in loan markets," Working Papers 9312, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Anthony M.J. Yezer & Robert F. Phillips & Robert P. Trost, 1994.
"Bias in estimates of discrimination and default in mortgage lending: the effects of simultaneity and self-selection,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, pages 197-222.
- Yezer, Anthony M J & Phillips, Robert F & Trost, Robert P, 1994. "Bias in Estimates of Discrimination and Default in Mortgage Lending: The Effects of Simultaneity and Self-Selection," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 197-215, November.
- Gregory E. Elliehausen & John D. Wolken, 1990.
"Banking markets and the use of financial services by small and medium- sized businesses,"
Federal Reserve Bulletin,
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Oct, pages 801-817.
- Gregory E. Elliehausen & John D. Wolken, 1990. "Banking markets and the use of financial services by small and medium- sized businesses," Staff Studies 160, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414.
- Munnell, Alicia H. & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell & Lynn E. Browne & James McEneaney, 1996.
"Mortgage Lending in Boston: Interpreting HMDA Data,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 25-53, March.
- Alicia H. Munnell, 1992. "Mortgage lending in Boston: interpreting HMDA data," Working Papers 92-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Shaffer, Sherrill, 1996. " Evidence of Discrimination in Lending: An Extension," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(4), pages 1551-1554, September.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Hunter, William C & Walker, Mary Beth, 1996.
"The Cultural Affinity Hypothesis and Mortgage Lending Decisions,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 57-70, July.
- William C. Hunter & Mary Beth Walker, 1995. "The cultural affinity hypothesis and mortgage lending decisions," Working Paper Series, Issues in Financial Regulation 95-8, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Cole, Rebel A., 1998. "The importance of relationships to the availability of credit," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 959-977, August.
- Ferguson, Michael F & Peters, Stephen R, 1995. " What Constitutes Evidence of Discrimination in Lending?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 739-748, June.
- Black, Harold & Schweitzer, Robert L & Mandell, Lewis, 1978. "Discrimination in Mortgage Lending," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 186-191, May.
- Petersen, Mitchell A & Rajan, Raghuram G, 1994. " The Benefits of Lending Relationships: Evidence from Small Business Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 3-37, March.
- Peter Kennedy, 2003. "A Guide to Econometrics, 5th Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 5, volume 1, number 026261183x, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ken Cavalluzzo & Linda Cavalluzzo & John D. Wolken, 1999. "Competition, small business financing, and discrimination: evidence from a new survey," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-25, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Cole, Rebel & Sokolyk, Tatyana, 2016.
"Who needs credit and who gets credit? Evidence from the surveys of small business finances,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 40-60.
- Cole, Rebel A., 2008. "Who needs credit and who gets credit? Evidence from the Surveys of Small Business Finances," MPRA Paper 24691, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Mar 2010.
More about this item
Keywordsbank; credit; discrimination; race; small business; SSBF;
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:4715. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .