The determinants of health among the population aged 50 and over: evidence from Croatia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brigitte Dormont & Michel Grignon & Hélène Huber, 2006.
"Health expenditure growth: reassessing the threat of ageing,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(9), pages 947-963.
- Brigitte Dormont & Michel Grignon & Hélène Huber, 2006. "Health expenditure growth : reassessing the threat of ageing," Post-Print halshs-00181605, HAL.
- Bobak, Martin & Pikhart, Hynek & Rose, Richard & Hertzman, Clyde & Marmot, Michael, 2000. "Socioeconomic factors, material inequalities, and perceived control in self-rated health: cross-sectional data from seven post-communist countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(9), pages 1343-1350, November.
- Okunade, Albert A. & Murthy, Vasudeva N. R., 2002. "Technology as a 'major driver' of health care costs: a cointegration analysis of the Newhouse conjecture," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 147-159, January.
- Ivy Liu & Alan Agresti, 2005. "The analysis of ordered categorical data: An overview and a survey of recent developments," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 14(1), pages 1-73, June.
- Nicholson, Amanda & Bobak, Martin & Murphy, Michael & Rose, Richard & Marmot, Michael, 2005. "Socio-economic influences on self-rated health in Russian men and women--a life course approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(11), pages 2345-2354, December.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- Xiangfei Meng & Carl D’Arcy, 2016. "Determinants of Self-Rated Health Among Canadian Seniors Over Time: A Longitudinal Population-Based Study," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 126(3), pages 1343-1353, April.
- Franks, Peter & Gold, Marthe R. & Fiscella, Kevin, 2003. "Sociodemographics, self-rated health, and mortality in the US," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 56(12), pages 2505-2514, June.
- Follette, Glenn & Sheiner, Louise, 2005. "The Sustainability of Health Spending Growth," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 58(3), pages 391-408, September.
- Desesquelles, Aline F. & Egidi, Viviana & Salvatore, Michele A., 2009. "Why do Italian people rate their health worse than French people do? An exploration of cross-country differentials of self-rated health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(6), pages 1124-1128, March.
- McDonough, Peggy & Walters, Vivienne, 2001. "Gender and health: reassessing patterns and explanations," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 547-559, February.
- Rainer Reile & Mall Leinsalu, 2013. "Differentiating positive and negative self-rated health: results from a cross-sectional study in Estonia," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 58(4), pages 555-564, August.
- Lindeboom, Maarten & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 2004.
"Cut-point shift and index shift in self-reported health,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 1083-1099, November.
- Maarten Lindeboom & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2003. "Cut-point Shift and Index Shift in Self-reported Health," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-042/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Lindeboom, Maarten & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 2004. "Cut-Point Shift and Index Shift in Self-Reported Health," IZA Discussion Papers 1286, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Leinsalu, Mall, 2002. "Social variation in self-rated health in Estonia: a cross-sectional study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(5), pages 847-861, September.
- Wim Peersman & Dirk Cambier & Jan Maeseneer & Sara Willems, 2012. "Gender, educational and age differences in meanings that underlie global self-rated health," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 57(3), pages 513-523, June.
- Giatti, Luana & Barreto, Sandhi M. & César, Cibele C., 2010. "Unemployment and self-rated health: Neighborhood influence," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(4), pages 815-823, August.
- Crossley, Thomas F. & Kennedy, Steven, 2002. "The reliability of self-assessed health status," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 643-658, July.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1992. "Medical Care Costs: How Much Welfare Loss?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 3-21, Summer.
- Bailis, Daniel S. & Segall, Alexander & Chipperfield, Judith G., 2003. "Two views of self-rated general health status," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 203-217, January.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/3881 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elena Pirani & Silvana Salvini, 2012. "Socioeconomic Inequalities and Self-Rated Health: A Multilevel Study of Italian Elderly," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 31(1), pages 97-117, February.
- Ivan Cipin & Sime Smolic, 2013. "Socio-Economic Determinants of Health in Croatia: Insights from Four Cross-Sectional Surveys," Croatian Economic Survey, The Institute of Economics, Zagreb, vol. 15(1), pages 25-60, April.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1982:72:8:800-808_7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bobak, Martin & Pikhart, Hynek & Hertzman, Clyde & Rose, Richard & Marmot, Michael, 1998. "Socioeconomic factors, perceived control and self-reported health in Russia. A cross-sectional survey," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 269-279, July.
More about this item
Keywordsself-assessed health (SAH); Croatia; SHARE; population ageing; health determinants;
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipf:psejou:v:41:y:2017:i:1:p:85-108. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martina Fabris). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ijfffhr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.