Socio-economic influences on self-rated health in Russian men and women--a life course approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bobak, Martin & Pikhart, Hynek & Rose, Richard & Hertzman, Clyde & Marmot, Michael, 2000. "Socioeconomic factors, material inequalities, and perceived control in self-rated health: cross-sectional data from seven post-communist countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1343-1350.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1999:89:7:1059-1065_7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carlson, Per, 2000. "Educational differences in self-rated health during the Russian transition. Evidence from Taganrog 1993-1994," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1363-1374.
- Manderbacka, Kristiina & Lundberg, Olle & Martikainen, Pekka, 1999. "Do risk factors and health behaviours contribute to self-ratings of health?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1713-1720.
- Lundberg, Olle, 1991. "Causal explanations for class inequality in health--An empirical analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 385-393.
- Lundberg, Olle, 1993. "The impact of childhood living conditions on illness and mortality in adulthood," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1047-1052.
- Carlson, Per, 1998. "Self-perceived health in East and West Europe: another European health divide," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1355-1366.
- Shkolnikov, Vladimir M. & Leon, David A. & Adamets, Sergey & Eugeniy Andreev & Deev, Alexander, 1998. "Educational level and adult mortality in Russia: An analysis of routine data 1979 to 1994," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 357-369.
- Bobak, Martin & Pikhart, Hynek & Hertzman, Clyde & Rose, Richard & Marmot, Michael, 1998. "Socioeconomic factors, perceived control and self-reported health in Russia. A cross-sectional survey," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 269-279.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lyytikäinen, Laura & Kemppainen, Teemu, 2016. "Regional inequalities in self-rated health in Russia: What is the role of social and economic capital?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 92-99.
- Yount, Kathryn M. & Hoddinott, John & Stein, Aryeh D., 2010. "Disability and self-rated health among older women and men in rural Guatemala: The role of obesity and chronic conditions," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(8), pages 1418-1427, October.
- Glei, Dana A. & Goldman, Noreen & Shkolnikov, Vladimir M. & Jdanov, Dmitri & Shalnova, Svetlana & Shkolnikova, Maria & Weinstein, Maxine, 2013. "To what extent do biomarkers account for the large social disparities in health in Moscow?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 164-172.
- repec:ipf:psejou:v:41:y:2017:i:1:p:85-108 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elwell-Sutton, Timothy M. & Jiang, Chao Qiang & Zhang, Wei Sen & Cheng, Kar Keung & Lam, Tai Hing & Leung, Gabriel M. & Schooling, C.M., 2011. "Socioeconomic influences at different life stages on health in Guangzhou, China," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(11), pages 1884-1892, June.
- Furnée, Carina A. & Pfann, Gerard A., 2010. "Individual vulnerability and the nurturing state: The case of self-reported health and relative income," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 125-133, July.
- Lee, Miaw-Chwen & Huang, Nicole, 2015. "Changes in self-perceived economic satisfaction and mortality at old ages: Evidence from a survey of middle-aged and elderly adults in Taiwan," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1-8.
- Habibov, Nazim N. & Afandi, Elvin N., 2011. "Self-rated health and social capital in transitional countries: Multilevel analysis of comparative surveys in Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(7), pages 1193-1204, April.
- Bakshi, Sanjeev & Pathak, Prasanta, 2010. "What makes them feel healthier? the correlates of self-perceived health among older adults in India," MPRA Paper 40541, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Loretta G. Platts, 2015. "A prospective analysis of labour market status and self-rated health in the UK and Russia," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 23(2), pages 343-370, April.
- Firat Bilgel & Burhan Can Karahasan, 2017. "Self-Rated Health and Primary Care Utilization: Is Selection into Healthcare Endogenously Determined?," Working Papers 1079, Economic Research Forum, revised 04 Jun 2017.
More about this item
KeywordsRussia Life course Self-rated health Socio-economic differentials;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:61:y:2005:i:11:p:2345-2354. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .