Can Non-Agricultural Employment Reduce Rural Poverty? Evidence from Mexico
This paper explores the role of the local context on the effectiveness of policy interventions in reducing poverty through non-agricultural rural employment (NARE). NARE is negatively associated to poverty in Mexico. Manufacturing employment is more pover
Volume (Year): 41 (2004)
Issue (Month): 124 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avda. Vicuña Mackenna 4860, Macul, Santiago|
Phone: (562) 354-4303
Fax: (562) 553-1664
Web page: http://www.economia.uc.cl
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Reardon, Thomas & Berdegue, Julio & Escobar, German, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Employment and Incomes in Latin America: Overview and Policy Implications," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 395-409, March.
- Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav, 2002. "Why has economic growth been more pro-poor in some states of India than others?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 381-400, August.
- N/A, 1998. "Abstracts," The Journal of Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, vol. 7(1), pages 113-132, March.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1998.
"Why Have Some Indian States Done Better Than Others at Reducing Rural Poverty?,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(257), pages 17-38, February.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1996. "Why have some Indian states done better than others at reducing rural poverty?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1594, The World Bank.
- W. Chan Kim & Renée Mauborgne, 1998. "Abstract," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(4), pages 323-338, 04.
- N/A, 1998. "Abstracts," The Journal of Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, vol. 7(2), pages 259-275, September.
- Araujo, Caridad & de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2004.
"Peer Effects in Employment: Results from Mexico's Poor Rural Communities,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt977093fg, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Araujo, Caridad & de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2004. "Peer effects in employment: results from Mexico's poor rural communities," CUDARE Working Paper Series 0991, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ioe:cuadec:v:41:y:2004:i:124:p:383-399. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.