Can Non-Agricultural Employment Reduce Rural Poverty? Evidence from Mexico
This paper explores the role of the local context on the effectiveness of policy interventions in reducing poverty through non-agricultural rural employment (NARE). NARE is negatively associated to poverty in Mexico. Manufacturing employment is more pover
Volume (Year): 41 (2004)
Issue (Month): 124 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avda. Vicuña Mackenna 4860, Macul, Santiago|
Phone: (562) 354-4303
Fax: (562) 553-1664
Web page: http://www.economia.uc.cl
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Reardon, Thomas & Berdegue, Julio & Escobar, German, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Employment and Incomes in Latin America: Overview and Policy Implications," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 395-409, March.
- Araujo, Caridad & de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2004.
"Peer effects in employment: results from Mexico's poor rural communities,"
CUDARE Working Paper Series
0991, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Araujo, Caridad & de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2004. "Peer Effects in Employment: Results from Mexico's Poor Rural Communities," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt977093fg, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1996.
"Why have some Indian states done better than others at reducing rural poverty?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1594, The World Bank.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1998. "Why Have Some Indian States Done Better Than Others at Reducing Rural Poverty?," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(257), pages 17-38, February.
- N/A, 1998. "Abstracts," The Journal of Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, vol. 7(2), pages 259-275, September.
- Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav, 2002. "Why has economic growth been more pro-poor in some states of India than others?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 381-400, August.
- repec:nca:ncaerw:81 is not listed on IDEAS
- W. Chan Kim & Renée Mauborgne, 1998. "Abstract," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(4), pages 323-338, 04.
- N/A, 1998. "Abstracts," The Journal of Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, vol. 7(1), pages 113-132, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ioe:cuadec:v:41:y:2004:i:124:p:383-399. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.