Clean Climbing, Carabiners, and Cultural Cultivation: Developing an Open-Systems Perspective of Culture
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James G. March, 1991. "Exploration and Exploitation in Organizational Learning," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(1), pages 71-87, February.
- Kaplan, Sarah & Tripsas, Mary, 2008. "Thinking about technology: Applying a cognitive lens to technical change," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 790-805, June.
- David M. Sluss & Blake E. Ashforth, 2008. "How Relational and Organizational Identification Converge: Processes and Conditions," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(6), pages 807-823, December.
- Eric von Hippel & Ralph Katz, 2002. "Shifting Innovation to Users via Toolkits," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(7), pages 821-833, July.
- Garud, Raghu & Karnoe, Peter, 2003. "Bricolage versus breakthrough: distributed and embedded agency in technology entrepreneurship," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 277-300, February.
- Von Hippel, Eric A. & Katz, Ralph, 2002. "Shifting Innovation to Users Via Toolkits," Working papers 4232-02, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- W. E. Douglas Creed & Maureen A. Scully & John R. Austin, 2002. "Clothes Make the Person? The Tailoring of Legitimating Accounts and the Social Construction of Identity," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(5), pages 475-496, October.
- Filipe M. Santos & Kathleen M. Eisenhardt, 2005. "Organizational Boundaries and Theories of Organization," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(5), pages 491-508, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elisa Villani & Luciano Greco & Nelson Phillips, 2017. "Understanding Value Creation in Public-Private Partnerships: A Comparative Case Study," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(6), pages 876-905, September.
- Stephanie Bertels & Jennifer Howard-Grenville & Simon Pek, 2016. "Cultural Molding, Shielding, and Shoring at Oilco: The Role of Culture in the Integration of Routines," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(3), pages 573-593, June.
- Christian Hauser, 2020. "From Preaching to Behavioral Change: Fostering Ethics and Compliance Learning in the Workplace," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 162(4), pages 835-855, April.
- Markus Perkmann & André Spicer, 2014. "How Emerging Organizations Take Form: The Role of Imprinting and Values in Organizational Bricolage," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 1785-1806, December.
- Schweisfurth, Tim G., 2017. "Comparing internal and external lead users as sources of innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 238-248.
- Sharon Koppman & Elisa Mattarelli & Amar Gupta, 2016. "Third-World “Sloggers” or Elite Global Professionals? Using Organizational Toolkits to Redefine Work Identity in Information Technology Offshore Outsourcing," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(4), pages 825-845, August.
- Frolov, Daniil, 2019. "The manifesto of post-institutionalism: institutional complexity research agenda," MPRA Paper 97662, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shankar, Raj K. & Shepherd, Dean A., 2019. "Accelerating strategic fit or venture emergence: Different paths adopted by corporate accelerators," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1-1.
- Schweisfurth, Tim G. & Raasch, Christina, 2015. "Embedded lead users—The benefits of employing users for corporate innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 168-180.
- Toohey, Kristine & Beaton, Anthony, 2017. "International cross-sector social partnerships between sport and governments: The World Anti-Doping Agency," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 483-496.
- Klaus Weber & M. Tina Dacin, 2011. "The Cultural Construction of Organizational Life: Introduction to the Special Issue," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(2), pages 287-298, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Anna S. Cui & Fang Wu, 2016. "Utilizing customer knowledge in innovation: antecedents and impact of customer involvement on new product performance," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 44(4), pages 516-538, July.
- Adrián Kovács & Bart Looy & Bruno Cassiman, 2015. "Exploring the scope of open innovation: a bibliometric review of a decade of research," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 104(3), pages 951-983, September.
- Zhang, Haisu & Wu, Fang & Cui, Anna Shaojie, 2015. "Balancing market exploration and market exploitation in product innovation: A contingency perspective," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 297-308.
- Suresh Malodia & Shaphali Gupta & Anand Kumar Jaiswal, 2020. "Reverse innovation: a conceptual framework," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 48(5), pages 1009-1029, September.
- De Beule, Filip & Van Beveren, Ilke, 2019. "Sources of open innovation in foreign subsidiaries: An enriched typology," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 135-147.
- Yuna Kim & Rebecca J. Slotegraaf, 2016. "Brand-embedded interaction: a dynamic and personalized interaction for co-creation," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 183-193, March.
- Habicht, Hagen & Oliveira, Pedro & Shcherbatiuk, Viktoriia, 2012. "User Innovators: When Patients Set Out to Help Themselves and End Up Helping Many," Die Unternehmung - Swiss Journal of Business Research and Practice, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, vol. 66(3), pages 277-295.
- Monika Winn & Manfred Kirchgeorg & Andrew Griffiths & Martina K. Linnenluecke & Elmar Günther, 2011. "Impacts from climate change on organizations: a conceptual foundation," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 157-173, March.
- Maxim Kotsemir & Alexander Abroskin & Dirk Meissner, 2013.
"Innovation concepts and typology – an evolutionary discussion,"
HSE Working papers
WP BRP 05/STI/2013, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Kotsemir, Maxim & Abroskin, Alexander, 2013. "Innovation Concepts and Typology – An Evolutionary Discussion," MPRA Paper 45069, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kotsemir, Maxim & Abroskin, Alexander & Meisner, Dirk, 2017. "Innovation Concepts and Typology – An Evolutionary Discussion," OSF Preprints ruyp3, Center for Open Science.
- Maxim Kotsemir & Dirk Meissner & Alexander Abroskin, 2013. "Innovation Concepts and Typology - An Evolutionary Discussion," Post-Print hal-00865865, HAL.
- Alexandros D. Tsangaridis, 2014. "Strategic Financial Analysis Of The Merger Of New Tt Hellenic Postbank S.A. With Eurobank - Ergasias Bank S.A," Economy & Business Journal, International Scientific Publications, Bulgaria, vol. 8(1), pages 354-372.
- Maria Antonietta Raimondo & Gaetano Nino Miceli & Stefania Farace, 2013. "Self o mass branding? La relazione tra personalizzazione e marca," MERCATI E COMPETITIVIT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(4), pages 149-171.
- Lalicic, Lidija & Dickinger, Astrid, 2019. "An assessment of user-driven innovativeness in a mobile computing travel platform," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 233-241.
- Nikolaus Franke & Martin Schreier & Ulrike Kaiser, 2010. "The "I Designed It Myself" Effect in Mass Customization," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(1), pages 125-140, January.
- Ola Henfridsson & Youngjin Yoo, 2014. "The Liminality of Trajectory Shifts in Institutional Entrepreneurship," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(3), pages 932-950, June.
- Astebro, Thomas B. & Dahlin, Kristina B., 2005. "Opportunity knocks," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1404-1418, November.
- Roman Jurowetzki, 2015. "Unpacking Big Systems - Natural Language Processing meets Network Analysis. A Study of Smart Grid Development in Denmark," SPRU Working Paper Series 2015-15, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Pantano, Eleonora & Viassone, Milena, 2014. "Demand pull and technology push perspective in technology-based innovations for the points of sale: The retailers evaluation," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 43-47.
- Arun Kumaraswamy & Raghu Garud & Shahzad (Shaz) Ansari, 2018. "Perspectives on Disruptive Innovations," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(7), pages 1025-1042, November.
- Hoppmann, Joern & Anadon, Laura Diaz & Narayanamurti, Venkatesh, 2020. "Why matter matters: How technology characteristics shape the strategic framing of technologies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(1).
- Zhang, De-Peng & Yang, Chen-hui & Zhang, Feng-Hua, 2014. "Analysis of the equity preference influence in customer participation incentives," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1-8.
More about this item
Keywordsorganizational culture; open system; authenticity;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ororsc:v:22:y:2011:i:2:p:391-412. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.