Clothes Make the Person? The Tailoring of Legitimating Accounts and the Social Construction of Identity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Whittington, 1992. "Putting Giddens Into Action: Social Systems And Managerial Agency," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(6), pages 693-712, November.
- Debra E. Meyerson & Maureen A. Scully, 1995. "Crossroads Tempered Radicalism and the Politics of Ambivalence and Change," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(5), pages 585-600, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Michel Anteby & Curtis K. Chan, 2018. "A Self-Fulfilling Cycle of Coercive Surveillance: Workers’ Invisibility Practices and Managerial Justification," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(2), pages 247-263, April.
- James Traeger & Carolyn Norgate, 2015. "A safe place to stay sharp: action learning meets cooperative inquiry in the service of NHS OD capacity building," Action Learning: Research and Practice, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 197-207, July.
- Inga SHALEV & Adriana PRODAN, 2018. "Limiting Terms of Office for Directors as a Policy Change in the Israeli Nursing System," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 19(2), pages 109-123, May.
- Alison Pullen & Sheena Vachhani & Suzanne Gagnon & Nelarine Cornelius & Carl Rhodes, 2017. "Ethical Praxis and the Business Case for LGBT Diversity: Political Insights from Judith Butler and Emmanuel Levinas," Gender, Work and Organization, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(5), pages 533-546, September.
- Chatterjee, Ira & Cornelissen, Joep & Wincent, Joakim, 2021. "Social entrepreneurship and values work: The role of practices in shaping values and negotiating change," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 36(1).
- Gift Dafuleya, 2014. "Social Value Creation and Institution-Entrepreneurial Dynamics in a Three Sector Economy," Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, AMH International, vol. 6(10), pages 795-809.
- Laura Girella & Roberto Tizzano & Elisa Rita Ferrari, 2019. "Concepts travelling across disciplinary fields: the case of the business model," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 23(2), pages 373-402, June.
- Stewart, Alex, 2020. "Family control, ambivalence, and preferential benefits," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 11(4).
- Kathryn L. Heinze & Klaus Weber, 2016. "Toward Organizational Pluralism: Institutional Intrapreneurship in Integrative Medicine," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(1), pages 157-172, February.
- W. E. Douglas Creed, 2003. "Voice Lessons: Tempered Radicalism and the Use of Voice and Silence," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(6), pages 1503-1536, September.
- Elisa Alt & Justin B. Craig, 2016. "Selling Issues with Solutions: Igniting Social Intrapreneurship in for-Profit Organizations," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(5), pages 794-820, July.
- Isabel Fernandez-Mateo & Sarah Kaplan, 2018. "Gender and Organization Science: Introduction to a Virtual Special Issue," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(6), pages 1229-1236, December.
- Aileen Corley & Ann Thorne, 2006. "Action learning: avoiding conflict or enabling action," Action Learning: Research and Practice, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(01), pages 31-44.
- Slavova, Mira & Metiu , Anca, 2015. "Ritualization and the Process of Knowledge Transfer," ESSEC Working Papers WP1511, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Michal Carrington & Detlev Zwick & Benjamin Neville, 2019. "Activism and Abdication on the Inside: The Effect of Everyday Practice on Corporate Responsibility," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 160(4), pages 973-999, December.
- Ruthanne Huising, 2019. "Moving off the Map: How Knowledge of Organizational Operations Empowers and Alienates," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(5), pages 1054-1075, September.
- Gali, Nazha & Niemand, Thomas & Shaw, Eleanor & Hughes, Mathew & Kraus, Sascha & Brem, Alexander, 2020. "Social entrepreneurship orientation and company success: The mediating role of social performance," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 160(C).
- Katherine C. Kellogg, 2011. "Hot Lights and Cold Steel: Cultural and Political Toolkits for Practice Change in Surgery," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(2), pages 482-502, April.
- James Traeger, 2016. "Embodied generosity -- the ethics of doing action research in the places where we work," Action Learning: Research and Practice, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 3-9, March.
- Marco Aurélio Lima de Queiroz & Flávio Carvalho de Vasconcelos & Rafael Guilherme Burstein Goldszmidt, 2007. "Economic rents and legitimacy: incorporating elements of organizational analysis institutional theory to the field of business strategy," RAC - Revista de Administração Contemporânea (Journal of Contemporary Administration), ANPAD - Associação Nacional de Pós-Graduação e Pesquisa em Administração, vol. 11(spe1), pages 177-198.
More about this item
KeywordsLegitimating Accounts; Framing Processes; Social Identity; Sexual Orientation; Workplace Nondiscrimination; Gay Rights; Institutional Change; Agency;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ororsc:v:13:y:2002:i:5:p:475-496. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.