For a Few Cents More: Why Supersize Unhealthy Food?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gerstner, Eitan & Hess, James D, 1987. "Why Do Hot Dogs Come in Packs of 10 and Buns in 8s or 12s? A Demand-Side Investigation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(4), pages 491-517, October.
- John Thanassoulis, 2007. "Competitive Mixed Bundling and Consumer Surplus," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(2), pages 437-467, June.
- Klaus Wertenbroch, 1998. "Consumption Self-Control by Rationing Purchase Quantities of Virtue and Vice," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(4), pages 317-337.
- Thaler, Richard H & Shefrin, H M, 1981. "An Economic Theory of Self-Control," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(2), pages 392-406, April.
- Dana Goldman & Darius Lakdawalla & Yuhui Zheng, 2011. "Food Prices and the Dynamics of Body Weight," NBER Chapters,in: Economic Aspects of Obesity, pages 65-90 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Dolan, 1987. "Quantity Discounts: Managerial Issues and Research Opportunities," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(1), pages 1-22.
- Gandal Neil & Shabelansky Anastasia, 2010. "Obesity and Price Sensitivity at the Supermarket," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 13(2), pages 1-19, July.
- Lorin M. Hitt & Pei-yu Chen, 2005. "Bundling with Customer Self-Selection: A Simple Approach to Bundling Low-Marginal-Cost Goods," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(10), pages 1481-1493, October.
- Esteban, Susanna & Miyagawa, Eiichi & Shum, Matthew, 2007.
"Nonlinear pricing with self-control preferences,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 135(1), pages 306-338, July.
- Esteban, Susanna & Miyagawa, Eiichi & Shum, Matthew, 2003. "Nonlinear Pricing with Self-Control Preferences," Working Papers 10-03-1, Pennsylvania State University, Department of Economics.
- Matt Shum & S Esteban & E Miyagawa, 2003. "Nonlinear Pricing with Self-Control Preferences," Economics Working Paper Archive 503, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Suresh Ramanathan & Patti Williams, 2007. "Immediate and Delayed Emotional Consequences of Indulgence: The Moderating Influence of Personality Type on Mixed Emotions," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(2), pages 212-223, May.
- Kathryn M. Sharpe & Richard Staelin & Joel Huber, 2008. "Using Extremeness Aversion to Fight Obesity: Policy Implications of Context Dependent Demand," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(3), pages 406-422, April.
- K. Sridhar Moorthy, 1984. "Market Segmentation, Self-Selection, and Product Line Design," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(4), pages 288-307.
- William James Adams & Janet L. Yellen, 1976. "Commodity Bundling and the Burden of Monopoly," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(3), pages 475-498.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christensen, Else Gry Bro & Nafziger, Julia, 2016.
"Packaging of sin goods – Commitment or exploitation?,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 62-74.
- Julia Nafziger, 2014. "Packaging of Sin Goods - Commitment or Exploitation?," Economics Working Papers 2014-05, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Christensen, Else Gry Bro & Nafziger, Julia, 2016. "Packaging of sin goods - Commitment or exploitation?," Munich Reprints in Economics 43476, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Lan, Hao & Lloyd, Tim A. & Morgan, C. Wyn, 2013. "The hazard function of sales: An analysis of UK supermarket food prices," 87th Annual Conference, April 8-10, 2013, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 151972, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Stoeckl, Verena E. & Luedicke, Marius K., 2015. "Doing well while doing good? An integrative review of marketing criticism and response," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 2452-2463.
- Dobson, Paul W. & Chakraborty, Ratula & Seaton, Jonathan S., 2017. "Containing big soda: Countering inducements to buy large-size sugary drinks," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 185-191.
More about this item
Keywordspricing; supersizing; overeating; obesity; self-control; temptation; social responsibility; public policy; moderating policies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormksc:v:29:y:2010:i:4:p:770-778. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.