Data and Model Cross-validation to Improve Accuracy of Microsimulation Results: Estimates for the Polish Household Budget Survey
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Michal Myck & Mateusz Najsztub, 2014. "Data and Model Cross-Validation to Improve Accuracy of Microsimulation Results: Estimates for the Polish Household Budget Survey," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1368, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lixin Cai & John Creedy & Guyonne Kalb, 2006.
"Accounting For Population Ageing In Tax Microsimulation Modelling By Survey Reweighting ,"
Australian Economic Papers,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 18-37, March.
- Lixin Cai & John Creedy & Guyonne Kalb, 2004. "Accounting for Population Ageing in Tax Microsimulation Modelling by Survey Reweighting," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2004n26, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Lixin Cai & John Creedy & Guyonne Kalb, 2005. "Accounting for Population Ageing in Tax Microsimulation Modelling by Survey Reweighting," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 935, The University of Melbourne.
- Morawski, Leszek & Myck, Michal, 2010.
"'Klin'-ing up: Effects of Polish tax reforms on those in and on those out,"
Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 556-566, June.
- Leszek Morawski & Michal Myck, 2008. "'Klin'-ing up: effects of Polish tax reforms on those in and on those out," IFS Working Papers W08/12, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Morawski, Leszek & Myck, Michal, 2008. "'Klin'-ing Up: Effects of Polish Tax Reforms on Those In and on Those Out," IZA Discussion Papers 3746, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Peter Haan & Michał Myck, 2012.
"Multi-family households in a labour supply model: a calibration method with application to Poland,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(22), pages 2907-2919, August.
- Haan, Peter & Myck, Michal, 2008. "Multi-Family Households in a Labour Supply Model: A Calibration Method with Application to Poland," IZA Discussion Papers 3611, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Peter Haan & Michal Myck, 2011. "Multi-family households in a labour supply model: a calibration method with application to Poland," Post-Print hal-00709556, HAL.
- Regina Riphahn & Oliver Serfling, 2005. "Item non-response on income and wealth questions," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 521-538, September.
- Jörg-Peter Schräpler, 2002. "Respondent Behavior in Panel Studies: A Case Study for Income-Nonresponse by Means of the German Socio-Economic Panel (GSOEP)," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 299, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:diw:diwwpp:dp1315 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anders Klevmarken, N., 2002.
"Statistical inference in micro-simulation models: incorporating external information,"
Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM),
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 255-265.
- Klevmarken, N. Anders, 1998. "Statistical Inference in Micro Simulation Models: Incorporating external information," Working Paper Series 1998:20, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Klevmarken, N.A., 1998. "Statistical Inference in Micro Simulation Models: Incorporationg External Information," Papers 1998:20, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Cameron,A. Colin & Trivedi,Pravin K., 2005. "Microeconometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521848053, October.
- Michal Myck & Anna Kurowska & Michal Kundera, 2013.
"Financial support for families with children and its trade-offs: balancing redistribution and parental work incentives,"
Baltic Journal of Economics,
Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 13(2), pages 59-83, December.
- Myck, Michal & Kurowska, Anna & Kundera, Micha?, 2013. "Financial Support for Families with Children and its Trade-offs: Balancing Redistribution and Parental Work Incentives," IZA Discussion Papers 7506, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michal Brzezinski, 2010. "Income Affluence in Poland," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 99(2), pages 285-299, November.
- Bargain, Olivier & Morawski, Leszek & Myck, Michal & Socha, Mieczyslaw, 2007. "As SIMPL As That: Introducing a Tax-Benefit Microsimulation Model for Poland," IZA Discussion Papers 2988, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cathal O'Donoghue & Jason Loughrey, 2014. "Nowcasting in Microsimulation Models: A Methodological Survey," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 17(4), pages 1-12.
- Anton Korinek & Johan Mistiaen & Martin Ravallion, 2006. "Survey nonresponse and the distribution of income," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 4(1), pages 33-55, April.
- Adrian Mander, 2007. "RADAR: Stata module to draw radar (spider) plots," Statistical Software Components S456829, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 02 Sep 2018.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Collopy, Fred, 1992. "Error measures for generalizing about forecasting methods: Empirical comparisons," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 69-80, June.
- John Creedy & Ivan Tuckwell, 2004. "Reweighting Household Surveys for Tax Microsimulation Modelling: An Application to the New Zealand Household Economic Survey," Australian Journal of Labour Economics (AJLE), Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School, vol. 7(1), pages 71-88, March.
- Daniele Pacifico, 2010. "REWEIGHT: The Stata command for survey reweighting," Center for the Analysis of Public Policies (CAPP) 0079, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Piotr Arak & Piotr Lewandowski & Piotr Zakowiecki, 2014. "Dual labour market in Poland – proposals for overcoming the deadlock," IBS Policy Papers 1/2014, Instytut Badan Strukturalnych.
- Jarosław Oczki, 2016. "Gender Pay Gap in Poland," International Economics, University of Lodz, Faculty of Economics and Sociology, issue 14, pages 106-113, June.
- Piotr Lewandowski & Katarzyna Salach, 2018. "Pomiar ubostwa energetycznego na podstawie danych BBGD - metodologia i zastosowanie," IBS Research Reports 01/2018, Instytut Badan Strukturalnych.
- Arkadiusz Florczak & Janusz Jabłonowski, 2016. "Consumption over the life cycle in Poland," NBP Working Papers 252, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
More about this item
Keywordsre-weighting; microsimulation; income inequality;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijm:journl:v:8:y:2015:i:1:p:33-66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jinjing Li). General contact details of provider: http://www.microsimulation.org/ijm/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.