The out-of-sample forecasts of nonlinear long-memory models of the real exchange rate
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Diebold, Francis X & Husted, Steven & Rush, Mark, 1991.
"Real Exchange Rates under the Gold Standard,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(6), pages 1252-1271, December.
- Francis X. Diebold & Steven Husted & Mark Rush, 1990. "Real exchange rates under the gold standard," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 32, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Andersson, Michael K. & Eklund, Bruno & Lyhagen, Johan, 1999.
"A simple linear time series model with misleading nonlinear properties,"
Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 281-284, December.
- Andersson, Michael K. & Eklund, Bruno & Lyhagen, Johan, 1999. "A Simple Linear Time Series Model with Misleading Nonlinear Properties," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 300, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Taylor Mark P. & Sarno Lucio, 2001. "Real Exchange Rate Dynamics in Transition Economies: A Nonlinear Analysis," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(3), pages 1-26, October.
- DAVIDSON, Russel & MACKINNON, James G., 1985.
"Heteroskedastcity-robust tests in regressions directions,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
678, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1985. "Heteroskedasticity-Robust Tests in Regression Directions," Working Papers 616, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Diebold, Francis X & Mariano, Roberto S, 2002.
"Comparing Predictive Accuracy,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 134-144, January.
- Saikkonen, Pentti & Luukkonen, Ritva, 1997. "Testing cointegration in infinite order vector autoregressive processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 93-126, November.
- West, Kenneth D & McCracken, Michael W, 1998.
"Regression-Based Tests of Predictive Ability,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(4), pages 817-840, November.
- West, K.D. & McCracken, M.W., 1997. "Regression-Based Tests of Predictive Ability," Working papers 9710, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Kenneth D. West & Michael W. McCracken, 1998. "Regression-Based Tests of Predictive Ability," NBER Technical Working Papers 0226, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alvaro Escribano & Oscar Jorda, "undated".
"Improved Testing And Specification Of Smooth Transition Regression Models,"
Department of Economics
97-26, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Oscar Jorda & Alvaro Escribano, 2003. "Improved Testing And Specification Of Smooth Transition Regression Models," Working Papers 9726, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Escribano, Álvaro & Jordá, Óscar, 1997. "Improved testing and specification of smooth transition regression models," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS 6218, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Baillie, Richard T & Bollerslev, Tim, 1994. "The long memory of the forward premium," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 565-571, October.
- Mc Cracken, Michael W., 2000. "Robust out-of-sample inference," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 195-223, December.
- Clive W.J. Granger & Namwon Hyung, 2013.
"Occasional Structural Breaks and Long Memory,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 14(2), pages 739-764, November.
- Granger, Clive W.J. & Hyung, Namwon, 1999. "Occasional Structural Breaks and Long Memory," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt4d60t4jh, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Mark Taylor, 2006. "Real exchange rates and Purchasing Power Parity: mean-reversion in economic thought," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1-2), pages 1-17.
- Baum, Christopher F. & Barkoulas, John T. & Caglayan, Mustafa, 2001.
"Nonlinear adjustment to purchasing power parity in the post-Bretton Woods era,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 379-399, June.
- Christopher F. Baum & Mustafa Caglayan & John Barkoulas, 1998. "Nonlinear Adjustment to Purchasing Power Parity in the post-Bretton Woods Era," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 404., Boston College Department of Economics, revised 16 Nov 1999.
- James G. MacKinnon, 1990.
"Critical Values for Cointegration Tests,"
1227, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- James G. MacKinnon, 2010. "Critical Values for Cointegration Tests," Working Papers 1227, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "EGTEST: RATS procedure to compute Engle-Granger test for Cointegration," Statistical Software Components RTS00061, Boston College Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boutahar, Mohamed & Mootamri, Imène & Péguin-Feissolle, Anne, 2009.
"A fractionally integrated exponential STAR model applied to the US real effective exchange rate,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 335-341, March.
- Mohamed Boutahar & Imene Mootamri & Anne Peguin-Feissolle, 2008. "A fractionally integrated exponential STAR model applied to the US real effective exchange rate," Working Papers halshs-00340831, HAL.
- Imene Mootamri & Mohamed Boutahar & Anne Peguin-Feissolle, 2008. "A fractionally integrated exponential STAR model applied to the US real effective exchange rate," Post-Print halshs-00390134, HAL.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijf:ijfiec:v:11:y:2006:i:4:p:355-370. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/1076-9307/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.