A Simple Linear Time Series Model with Misleading Nonlinear Properties
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Andersson, Michael K. & Eklund, Bruno & Lyhagen, Johan, 1999. "A simple linear time series model with misleading nonlinear properties," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 281-284, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wu, Yangru, 1996. "Are Real Exchange Rates Nonstationary? Evidence from a Panel-Data Test," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(1), pages 54-63, February.
- McCoskey, Suzanne K. & Selden, Thomas M., 1998. "Health care expenditures and GDP: panel data unit root test results," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 369-376, June.
- Papell, David H., 1997. "Searching for stationarity: Purchasing power parity under the current float," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3-4), pages 313-332, November.
- Coakley, Jerry & Fuertes, Ana Maria, 1997. "New panel unit root tests of PPP," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 17-22, November.
- Quah, Danny, 1994.
"Exploiting cross-section variation for unit root inference in dynamic data,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 9-19.
- Quah, D., 1993. "Exploiting Cross Section Variation for Unit Root Inference in Dynamic Data," Papers 549, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Danny Quah, 1993. "Exploiting Cross Section Variation for Unit Root Inference in Dynamic Data," FMG Discussion Papers dp171, Financial Markets Group.
- Culver, Sarah E & Papell, David H, 1997. "Is There a Unit Root in the Inflation Rate? Evidence from Sequential Break and Panel Data Models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(4), pages 435-444, July-Aug..
- MacDonald, Ronald, 1996. "Panel unit root tests and real exchange rates," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 7-11, January.
- Oh, Keun-Yeob, 1996. "Purchasing power parity and unit root tests using panel data," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 405-418, June.
- Song, Frank M. & Wu, Yangru, 1998. "Hysteresis in unemployment: Evidence from OECD countries," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 181-192.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Silvestro Di Sanzo, 2007. "Forecasting Time Series with Long Memory and Level Shifts, A Bayesian Approach," Working Papers 2007_03, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Sang-Kuck Chung, 2006. "The out-of-sample forecasts of nonlinear long-memory models of the real exchange rate," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(4), pages 355-370.
- Alfarano, Simone & Lux, Thomas, 2007.
"A Noise Trader Model As A Generator Of Apparent Financial Power Laws And Long Memory,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(S1), pages 80-101, November.
- Alfarano, Simone & Lux, Thomas, 2005. "A noise trader model as a generator of apparent financial power laws and long memory," Economics Working Papers 2005-13, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- van Dijk, Dick & Franses, Philip Hans & Paap, Richard, 2002. "A nonlinear long memory model, with an application to US unemployment," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 135-165, October.
- Lahiani, A. & Scaillet, O., 2009.
"Testing for threshold effect in ARFIMA models: Application to US unemployment rate data,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 418-428.
- Amine LAHIANI & Olivier SCAILLET, "undated". "Testing for threshold effect in ARFIMA models: Application to US unemployment rate data," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 08-42, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Alfarano, Simone & Lux, Thomas, 2003.
"A minimal noise trader model with realistic time series properties,"
Economics Working Papers
2003-15, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Alfarano, Simone & Lux, Thomas, 2006. "A minimal noise trader model with realistic time series properties," Economics Working Papers 2006-11, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Kuswanto, Heri & Sibbertsen, Philipp, 2009. "Testing for Long Memory Against ESTAR Nonlinearities," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-427, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Leipus, Remigijus & Viano, Marie-Claude, 2003. "Long memory and stochastic trend," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 177-190, January.
- Kyrtsou, Catherine & Terraza, Michel, 2002. "Stochastic chaos or ARCH effects in stock series?: A comparative study," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 407-431.
- Y. Malevergne & V. F. Pisarenko & D. Sornette, 2003. "Empirical Distributions of Log-Returns: between the Stretched Exponential and the Power Law?," Papers physics/0305089, arXiv.org.
More about this item
KeywordsFractional integration; Long memory; Smooth transition autoregression;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-1999-02-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-1999-02-22 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-1999-02-15 (Econometric Time Series)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:hastef:0300. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Lundin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/erhhsse.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .