Food Price Pass-Through in the Euro Area: Non-Linearities and the Role of the Common Agricultural Policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Milton S. Boyd & B. Wade Brorsen, 1988. "Price Asymmetry in the U.S. Pork Marketing Channel," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 10(1), pages 103-109.
- Lutz Kilian, 2009.
"Pitfalls in Estimating Asymmetric Effects of Energy Price Shocks,"
2009 Meeting Papers
473, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Lutz Kilian & Robert J. Vigfusson, 2009. "Pitfalls in estimating asymmetric effects of energy price shocks," International Finance Discussion Papers 970, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kilian, Lutz & Vigfusson, Robert J., 2009. "Pitfalls in Estimating Asymmetric Effects of Energy Price Shocks," CEPR Discussion Papers 7284, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chauvin, V. & Devulder, A., 2008. "An Inflation Forecasting Model for the Euro Area," Working papers 192, Banque de France.
- Jochen Meyer & Stephan Cramon-Taubadel, 2004.
"Asymmetric Price Transmission: A Survey,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(3), pages 581-611.
- Meyer, Jochen & von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan, 2002. "Asymmetric Price Transmission: A Survey," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24822, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kiseok Lee & Shawn Ni & Ronald A. Ratti, 1995. "Oil Shocks and the Macroeconomy: The Role of Price Variability," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 39-56.
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Jordi Gali, 2007.
"The Macroeconomic Effects of Oil Shocks: Why are the 2000s So Different from the 1970s?,"
NBER Working Papers
13368, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchard, Olivier J & Galí, Jordi, 2008. "The Macroeconomic Effects of Oil Shocks: Why are the 2000s so Different from the 1970s?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6631, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bailey, DeeVon & Brorsen, B. Wade, 1989. "Price Asymmetry In Spatial Fed Cattle Markets," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 14(02), December.
- Fred Furlong & Robert Ingenito, 1996. "Commodity prices and inflation," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 27-47.
- Nathan S. Balke & Stephen P. A. Brown & Mine Yücel, 1998. "Crude oil and gasoline prices: an asymmetric relationship?," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q 1, pages 2-11.
- Harry Bloch & A. Michael Dockery & David Sapsford, 2004. "Commodity prices, wages, and U.S. inflation in the twentieth century," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(3), pages 523-545.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Porqueddu Mario & Venditti Fabrizio, 2014.
"Do food commodity prices have asymmetric effects on euro-area inflation?,"
Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics,
De Gruyter, vol. 18(4), pages 1-25, September.
- Mario Porqueddu & Fabrizio Venditti, 2012. "Do food commodity prices have asymmetric effects on Euro-Area inflation?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 878, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Castro, César & Jiménez-Rodríguez, Rebeca, 2017.
"Oil price pass-through along the price chain in the euro area,"
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 24-30.
- Castro, César & Jiménez-Rodríguez, Rebeca, 2016. "Oil price pass-through along the price chain in the euro area," MPRA Paper 70227, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Atsushi Sekine & Takayuki Tsuruga, 2014.
"Effects of Commodity Price Shocks on Inflation: A Cross Country Analysis,"
e-13-006, Graduate School of Economics Project Center, Kyoto University.
- SEKINE Atsushi & TSURUGA Takayuki, 2016. "Effects of Commodity Price Shocks on Inflation: A Cross-Country Analysis," ESRI Discussion paper series 331, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Atsushi Sekine & Takayuki Tsuruga, 2017. "Effects of commodity price shocks on inflation: A cross-country analysis," CAMA Working Papers 2017-45, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Atsushi Sekine & Takayuki Tsuruga, 2014. "Effects of Commodity Price Shocks on Inflation:A Cross-Country Analysis," UTokyo Price Project Working Paper Series 038, University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Economics.
- repec:eee:intfor:v:33:y:2017:i:4:p:1065-1081 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:96:y:2017:i:c:p:216-230 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ferguson, Shon & Gars, Johan, 2016. "Productivity Shocks, International Trade and Import Prices: Evidence from Agriculture," Working Paper Series 1107, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Akpan, S.B. & Udoka, S. J. & Inimfon, V. P., 2016. "Assessment of Rice Market Competiveness Using Horizontal Price Transmission: Empirical Evidence from Southern Region of Nigeria," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 8(2), June.
- Sbrana, Giacomo & Silvestrini, Andrea & Venditti, Fabrizio, 2017.
"Short-term inflation forecasting: The M.E.T.A. approach,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 1065-1081.
- Giacomo Sbrana & Andrea Silvestrini & Fabrizio Venditti, 2015. "Short term inflation forecasting: the M.E.T.A. approach," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1016, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Lloyd, Tim & McCorriston, Steve & Zvogu, Evious, 2015. "Common Shocks, Uncommon Effects: Food Price Inflation across the EU," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212055, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bekkers, Eddy & Brockmeier, Martina & Francois, Joseph & Yang, Fan, 2017.
"Local Food Prices and International Price Transmission,"
Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 216-230.
- Bekkers, Eddy & Brockmeier, Martina & Francois, Joseph & Yang, Fan, 2017. "Local Food Prices and International Price Transmission," CEPR Discussion Papers 11912, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lloyd, Tim & McCorriston, Steve & Morgan, Wyn & Zvogu, Evious, 2015. "Common Shocks, Uncommon Effects: Food Price Inflation across the EU," 89th Annual Conference, April 13-15, 2015, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 204301, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Garcia-German, Sol & Garrido, Alberto & Bardaji, Isabel, 2014. "Evaluating Transmission Prices between Global Agricultural Markets and Consumers' Food Price Indices in the EU," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 183039, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ferguson, Shon & Gars, Johan, 2015. "Productivity Shocks, International Trade and Pass-Through: Evidence from Agriculture," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211646, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sol García-Germán & Isabel Bardají & Alberto Garrido, 2016. "Evaluating price transmission between global agricultural markets and consumer food price indices in the European Union," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 47(1), pages 59-70, January.
- Misati, Roseline Nyakerario & Munene, Olive, 3. "Second Round Effects And Pass-Through Of Food Prices To Inflation In Kenya," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 3(3).
More about this item
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- E3 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijc:ijcjou:y:2012:q:1:a:9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bank for International Settlements). General contact details of provider: http://www.ijcb.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.