Commodity prices and inflation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Kugler, Peter, 1991. "Common trends, commodity prices and consumer prices," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 345-349, December.
- Frederick T. Furlong, 1989. "Commodity prices as a guide for monetary policy," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Win, pages 21-38.
- James M. Boughton & William H. Branson, 1988. "Commodity Prices as a Leading Indicator of Inflation," NBER Working Papers 2750, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert H. DeFina, 1988. "Commodity prices: useful intermediate targets for monetary policy?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue May, pages 3-12.
- S. Brock Blomberg & Ethan S. Harris, 1995. "The commodity-consumer price connection: fact or fable?," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Oct, pages 21-38.
- R. W. Hafer, 1983. "Monetary policy and the price rule: the newest odd couple," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Feb, pages 5-13.
- C. Alan Garner, 1995. "How useful are leading indicators of inflation?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 5-18.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1986. "Expectations and Commodity Price Dynamics: The Overshooting Model," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 68(2), pages 344-348.
- Cody, Brian J & Mills, Leonard O, 1991. "The Role of Commodity Prices in Formulating Monetary Policy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(2), pages 358-365, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Browne, Frank & Cronin, David, 2010. "Commodity prices, money and inflation," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 62(4), pages 331-345, July.
- A. Anzuini & M. J. Lombardi & P. Pagano, 2013.
"The Impact of Monetary Policy Shocks on Commodity Prices,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 9(3), pages 125-150, September.
- Anzuini, Alessio & Lombardi, Marco J. & Pagano, Patrizio, 2010. "The impact of monetary policy shocks on commodity prices," Working Paper Series 1232, European Central Bank.
- Alessio Anzuini & Marco J. Lombardi & Patrizio Pagano, 2012. "The impact of monetary policy shocks on commodity prices," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 851, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Bulent Guloglu & Saban Nazlioglu, 2013. "Impacts of Inflation on Agricultural Prices: Panel Smooth Transition Regression Analysis," Research Journal of Politics, Economics and Management, Sakarya University, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 1(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Rui Liao & Xungang Zheng, 2014. "A Research about CPI Fluctuations Effects on Sichuan Vegetable Industry," International Journal of Social Science Research, Macrothink Institute, vol. 2(2), pages 127-137, September.
- Balcilar, Mehmet & Katzke, Nico & Gupta, Rangan, 2017.
"Do precious metal prices help in forecasting South African inflation?,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 63-72.
- Mehmet Balcilar & NICO KATZKE & Rangan Gupta, 2015. "Do Precious Metal Prices Help in Forecasting South African Inflation?," Working Papers 15-05, Eastern Mediterranean University, Department of Economics.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Nico Katzke & Rangan Gupta, 2015. "Do Precious Metal Prices Help in Forecasting South African Inflation?," Working Papers 03/2015, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Nico Katzke & Rangan Gupta, 2015. "Do Precious Metal Prices Help in Forecasting South African Inflation?," Working Papers 201510, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Baki Demirel & Baris Alpaslan & Emre Guneser Bozdag, 2013. "Do Exchange Rates Affect Inflation? Evidence from Emerging Market Economies," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1318, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Chen, Yu-chin & Turnovsky, Stephen J. & Zivot, Eric, 2014.
"Forecasting inflation using commodity price aggregates,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 183(1), pages 117-134.
- Yu-chin Chen & Stephen J. Turnovsky & Eric Zivot, 2011. "Forecasting Inflation using Commodity Price Aggregates," Working Papers UWEC-2011-14, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Yanfeng Wei, 2015. "The informational role of commodity prices in formulating monetary policy: a reexamination under the frequency domain," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 537-549, September.
- Acharya, Ram N. & Gentle, Paul F. & Mishra, Ashok K. & Paudel, Krishna P., 2008. "Examining The Crb Index As An Indicator For U.S. Inflation," 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas 6760, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Ciner, Cetin, 2011. "Commodity prices and inflation: Testing in the frequency domain," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 229-237, September.
- Gianluigi Ferrucci & Rebeca Jiménez-Rodríguez & Luca Onorantea, 2012. "Food Price Pass-Through in the Euro Area: Non-Linearities and the Role of the Common Agricultural Policy," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 8(1), pages 179-218, March.
- Munir Jalil & Esteban Tamayo, 2011. "Pass-through of International Food Prices to Domestic Inflation During and After the Great Recession: Evidence from a Set of Latin American Economies," REVISTA DESARROLLO Y SOCIEDAD, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE, June.
- Belke, Ansgar H. & Bordon, Ingo G. & Hendricks, Torben W., 2014.
"Monetary policy, global liquidity and commodity price dynamics,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 1-16.
- Belke, Ansgar & Bordon, Ingo G. & Hendricks, Torben W., 2010. "Monetary Policy, Global Liquidity and Commodity Price Dynamics," Ruhr Economic Papers 167, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Ansgar Belke & Ingo G. Bordon & Torben W. Hendricks, 2010. "Monetary Policy, Global Liquidity and Commodity Price Dynamics," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 971, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Robert Anderton & Alessandro Galesi & Marco Lombardi & Filippo di Mauro, 2010. "Key Elements of Global Inflation," RBA Annual Conference Volume,in: Renée Fry & Callum Jones & Christopher Kent (ed.), Inflation in an Era of Relative Price Shocks Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Poshakwale, Sunil S. & Mandal, Anandadeep, 2016. "Determinants of asymmetric return comovements of gold and other financial assets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 229-242.
- Ansgar Belke & Ingo Bordon & Torben Hendricks, 2010.
"Global liquidity and commodity prices-a cointegrated VAR approach for OECD countries,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 227-242.
- Belke, Ansgar & Bordon, Ingo G. & Hendricks, Torben W., 2009. "Global Liquidity and Commodity Prices – A Cointegrated VAR Approach for OECD Countries," Ruhr Economic Papers 102, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Ansgar Belke & Ingo G. Bordon & Torben W. Hendricks, 2009. "Global Liquidity and Commodity Prices: A Cointegrated VAR Approach for OECD Countries," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 898, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Granger, Clive W. J. & Jeon, Yongil, 2003. "Comparing forecasts of inflation using time distance," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 339-349.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Eleftheriou, Sofia, 2016. "Gold returns: Do business cycle asymmetries matter? Evidence from an international country sample," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 164-170.
- Al-Shawarby, Sherine & Selim, Hoda, 2012.
"Are international food price spikes the source of Egypt's high inflation ?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6177, The World Bank.
- Sherine Al-Shawarby & Hoda Selim, 2012. "Are International Food Price Spikes the Source of Egypt’s High Inflation?," Working Papers 714, Economic Research Forum, revised 2012.
- George, Edward I. & Sun, Dongchu & Ni, Shawn, 2008. "Bayesian stochastic search for VAR model restrictions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 553-580, January.
- Luca ONORANTE & Gianluigi FERRUCCI & Rebeca JIMÉNEZ-RODRÍGUEZ, "undated".
"Food Price Pass-Through in the Euro Area: the Role of Asymmetries and Non-Linearities,"
- Ferrucci, Gianluigi & Jiménez-Rodríguez, Rebeca & Onorante, Luca, 2010. "Food price pass-through in the euro area The role of asymmetries and non-linearities," Working Paper Series 1168, European Central Bank.
- Michael S. Hanson, 2004. "Monetary Factors in the Long-Run Co-movement of Consumer and Commodity Prices," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2004-001, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Barrera, Carlos, 2010. "¿Respuesta asimétrica de precios domésticos de combustibles ante choques en el WTI?," Working Papers 2010-016, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú.
- Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Mutascu, Mihai & Andries, Alin Marius, 2013. "Decomposing time-frequency relationship between producer price and consumer price indices in Romania through wavelet analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 151-159.
- Wang, Qing & Hu, Yiming, 2015. "Cross-correlation between interest rates and commodity prices," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 428(C), pages 80-89.
More about this item
KeywordsPrices ; Inflation (Finance);
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedfel:y:1989:i:jun16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Research Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbsfus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.