How a Luxury Monopolist Might Benefit from a Stringent Counterfeit Monitoring Regime
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Belk, Russell W, 1988. " Possessions and the Extended Self," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(2), pages 139-168, September.
- Baker, Matthew J & Cunningham, Brendan M, 2006.
"Court Decisions and Equity Markets: Estimating the Value of Copyright Protection,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 49(2), pages 567-596, October.
- Matthew J. Baker & Brendan M. Cunningham, 2004. "Court Decisions and Equity Markets: Estimating the Value of Copyright Protection," Departmental Working Papers 4, United States Naval Academy Department of Economics.
- Bagwell, Laurie Simon & Bernheim, B Douglas, 1996. "Veblen Effects in a Theory of Conspicuous Consumption," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 349-373, June.
- Jen-Te Yao, 2005. "Counterfeiting and an Optimal Monitoring Policy," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 95-114, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wu, Chien-Wei & Gong, Jyh-Chyi & Chiu, Hsien-Hung, 2016. "Duopoly competition with non-deceptive counterfeiters," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 33-40.
- Yao, Jen-Te, 2015. "The impact of counterfeit-purchase penalties on anti-counterfeiting under deceptive counterfeiting," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 51-61.
More about this item
Keywordsintellectual property rights; counterfeiting; Veblen effects;
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Monopoly
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijb:journl:v:4:y:2005:i:3:p:177-192. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cbfcutw.html .