Court Decisions and Equity Markets: Estimating the Value of Copyright Protection
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Matthew J. Baker & Brendan M. Cunningham, 2004. "Court Decisions and Equity Markets: Estimating the Value of Copyright Protection," Departmental Working Papers 4, United States Naval Academy Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kai-Lung Hui, 2002.
"On the Supply of Creative Work: Evidence from the Movies,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 217-220, May.
- Kai-Lung Hui & Ivan P.L. Png, 2002. "On the Supply of Creative Work: Evidence from the Movies," Law and Economics 0201002, EconWPA, revised 18 Jan 2002.
- Miceli, Thomas J. & Adelstein, Richard P., 2006.
"An economic model of fair use,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 359-373, November.
- Thomas J. Miceli & Richard P. Adelstein, 2003. "An Economic Model of Fair Use," Working papers 2003-38, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Thomas J. Miceli & Richard P. Adelstein, 2005. "An Economic Model of Fair Use," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2005-014, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Thomas J. Miceli & Richard P. Adelstein, 2005. "An Economic Model of Fair Use," Working papers 2005-56, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Stan J. Liebowitz & Stephen E. Margolis, 2005. "Seventeen Famous Economists Weigh In On Copyright: The Role Of Theory, Empirics, And Network Effects," Law and Economics 0505003, EconWPA.
- Kranenburg Hans van & Hogenbrink Annelies, 2003. "Determinants of Multimedia, Entertainment, and Business Software Copyright Piracy: A Cross-national Study," Research Memorandum 039, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Louis K.C. Chan & Josef Lakonishok & Theodore Sougiannis, 1999. "The Stock Market Valuation of Research and Development Expenditures," NBER Working Papers 7223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rick Harbaugh & Rahul Khemka, "undated". "Does Copyright Enforcement Encourage Piracy?," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2000-14, Claremont Colleges.
- Towse, Ruth, 1999. "Copyright and Economic Incentives: An Application to Performers' Rights in the Music Industry," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(3), pages 369-390.
- Johnson, William R, 1985. "The Economics of Copying," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(1), pages 158-174, February.
- Carroll, Kathleen A & Lamdin, Douglas J, 1993. "Measuring Market Response to Regulation of the Cable TV Industry," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 385-399, December.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Landes, William M & Posner, Richard A, 1989. "An Economic Analysis of Copyright Law," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(2), pages 325-363, June.
- Stanley M. Besen & Leo J. Raskind, 1991. "An Introduction to the Law and Economics of Intellectual Property," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 3-27, Winter.
- Schwert, G William, 1981. "Using Financial Data to Measure Effects of Regulation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(1), pages 121-158, April.
- B. Zorina Khan & Kenneth L. Sokoloff, 2001. "The Early Development of Intellectual Property Institutions in the United States," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(3), pages 233-246, Summer.
- Eric Chiang & Djeto Assane, 2002. "Software copyright infringement among college students," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 157-166.
- Novos, Ian E & Waldman, Michael, 1984. "The Effects of Increased Copyright Protection: An Analytic Approach," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(2), pages 236-246, April.
- Lamdin, Douglas J., 2001. "Implementing and interpreting event studies of regulatory changes," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(2-3), pages 171-183.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Felix Oberholzer-Gee & Koleman Strumpf, 2010. "File Sharing and Copyright," Innovation Policy and the Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 10(1), pages 19-55.
- Stoneman, Paul, 2011. "Soft Innovation: Economics, Product Aesthetics, and the Creative Industries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199697021.
- Jen-Te Yao, 2005. "How a Luxury Monopolist Might Benefit from a Stringent Counterfeit Monitoring Regime," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 4(3), pages 177-192, December.
- Christine Greenhalgh & Mark Rogers, 2007.
"The Value of Intellectual Property Rights to Firms,"
Economics Series Working Papers
319, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Christine Greenhalgh & Mark Rogers, 2007. "The Value of Intellectual Property Rights to Firms," Discussion Papers 06-036, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Depoorter Ben & Holland Adam & Somerstein Elizabeth, 2009. "Copyright Abolition and Attribution," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(3), pages 1063-1080, December.
- Bronwyn Hall & Christian Helmers & Mark Rogers & Vania Sena, 2014. "The Choice between Formal and Informal Intellectual Property: A Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 52(2), pages 375-423, June.
- Stan J. Liebowitz & Richard Watt, 2006. "How To Best Ensure Remuneration For Creators In The Market For Music? Copyright And Its Alternatives," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(4), pages 513-545, September.
- Ivan Png & Qiu-hong Wang, 2007. "Copyright Duration and the Supply of Creative Work," Levine's Working Paper Archive 321307000000000478, David K. Levine.
- Handke, Christian & Girard, Yann & Mattes, Anselm, 2015. "Fördert das Urheberrecht Innovation? Eine empirische Untersuchung," Studien zum deutschen Innovationssystem 16-2015, Expertenkommission Forschung und Innovation (EFI) - Commission of Experts for Research and Innovation, Berlin.
- Felix Oberholzer-Gee & Koleman Strumpf, 2010. "File Sharing and Copyright," NBER Chapters,in: Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 10, pages 19-55 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ivan Png, 2006. "Copyright: A Plea for Empirical Research," Levine's Working Paper Archive 321307000000000484, David K. Levine.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:y:2006:v:49:i:2:p:567-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE/ .