Sponsoring Sports Teams with Low Media Exposure: An Exploratory Investigation on Small and Medium Sized B2B Firms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Grohs, Reinhard & Reisinger, Heribert, 2014. "Sponsorship effects on brand image: The role of exposure and activity involvement," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(5), pages 1018-1025.
- Shapiro, Stewart & MacInnis, Deborah J & Heckler, Susan E, 1997. "The Effects of Incidental Ad Exposure on the Formation of Consideration Sets," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(1), pages 94-104, June.
- Funk, Daniel C. & James, Jeff, 2001. "The Psychological Continuum Model: A Conceptual Framework for Understanding an Individual's Psychological Connection to Sport," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 119-150, November.
- Petty, Richard E & Cacioppo, John T & Schumann, David, 1983. "Central and Peripheral Routes to Advertising Effectiveness: The Moderating Role of Involvement," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 135-146, September.
- Delmar, Frederic & Davidsson, Per & Gartner, William B., 2003. "Arriving at the high-growth firm," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 189-216, March.
- Farrelly, Francis & Quester, Pascale & Greyser, Stephen A., 2005. "Defending the Co-Branding Benefits of Sponsorship B2B Partnerships: The Case of Ambush Marketing," Journal of Advertising Research, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(3), pages 339-348, September.
- ., 1994. "Consumer Behaviour," Chapters, in: Geoffrey M. Hodgson & Warren J. Samuels & Marc R. Tool (ed.),The Elgar Companion to Institutional and Evolutionary Economics, volume 0, chapter 15, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- T. Bettina Cornwell & Michael S. Humphreys & Angela M. Maguire & Clinton S. Weeks & Cassandra L. Tellegen, 2006. "Sponsorship-Linked Marketing: The Role of Articulation in Memory," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(3), pages 312-321, November.
- Coviello, Nicole E. & Brodie, Roderick J. & Munro, Hugh J., 2000. "An investigation of marketing practice by firm size," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(5-6), pages 523-545.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Martin, David S. & Bourdeau, Brian L. & Stephan, John, 2020. "Measuring the effectiveness of facility naming rights sponsorships," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 51-64.
- T. Bettina Cornwell & Youngbum Kwon, 0. "Sponsorship-linked marketing: research surpluses and shortages," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-23.
- Jaskirat Singh Rai & Apar Singh, 2020. "The Impact of Team Association on Attendeesâ€™ Product Knowledge and Purchase Intentions: A Case of Indian Premier League," IIM Kozhikode Society & Management Review, , vol. 9(2), pages 202-212, July.
- Yoshida, Masayuki, 2017. "Consumer experience quality: A review and extension of the sport management literature," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 427-442.
- Herrmann, Jean-Luc & Kacha, Mathieu & Derbaix, Christian, 2016. "“I support your team, support me in turn!”," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 604-612.
- Hofacker, Charles F. & de Ruyter, Ko & Lurie, Nicholas H. & Manchanda, Puneet & Donaldson, Jeff, 2016. "Gamification and Mobile Marketing Effectiveness," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 25-36.
- Koo, Jakeun & Lee, Younghan, 2019. "Sponsor-event congruence effects: The moderating role of sport involvement and mediating role of sponsor attitudes," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 222-234.
- T. Bettina Cornwell & Youngbum Kwon, 2020. "Sponsorship-linked marketing: research surpluses and shortages," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 607-629, July.
- Funk, Daniel C. & Pritchard, Mark P., 2006. "Sport publicity: Commitment's moderation of message effects," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(5), pages 613-621, May.
- Xenia Raufeisen & Linda Wulf & Sören Köcher & Ulya Faupel & Hartmut H. Holzmüller, 2019. "Spillover effects in marketing: integrating core research domains," AMS Review, Springer;Academy of Marketing Science, vol. 9(3), pages 249-267, December.
- Del Barrio-García, Salvador & Kamakura, Wagner A. & Luque-Martínez, Teodoro, 2019. "A Longitudinal Cross-product Analysis of Media-budget Allocations: How Economic and Technological Disruptions Affected Media Choices Across Industries," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 1-15.
- Kareklas, Ioannis & Muehling, Darrel D. & King, Skyler, 2019. "The effect of color and self-view priming in persuasive communications," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 33-49.
- Stallen, Mirre & Smidts, Ale & Rijpkema, Mark & Smit, Gitty & Klucharev, Vasily & Fernández, Guillén, 2010. "Celebrities and shoes on the female brain: The neural correlates of product evaluation in the context of fame," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 802-811, October.
- Getz, Donald & Page, Stephen J., 2016. "Progress and prospects for event tourism research," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 593-631.
- Gutiérrez-Villar, Belén & Montero-Simó, María José & Araque-Padilla, Rafael Ángel & Castro-González, Pilar, 2014. "Intensidad exportadora e interacción entre fortalezas del marketing mix: un análisis basado en redes neuronales artificiales || Export Intensity and Interaction between Marketing Mix: An Analysis base," Revista de Métodos Cuantitativos para la Economía y la Empresa = Journal of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, vol. 18(1), pages 88-111, December.
- Myint Moe Chit, 2018. "Political openness and the growth of small and medium enterprises: empirical evidence from transition economies," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 55(2), pages 781-804, September.
- Jakina Debnam, 2017.
"Selection Effects and Heterogeneous Demand Responses to the Berkeley Soda Tax Vote,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 99(5), pages 1172-1187.
- Debnam, Jakina, 2016. "Selection Effects and Heterogeneous Demand Responses to the Berkeley Soda Tax Vote," 2017 Allied Social Sciences Association (ASSA) Annual Meeting, January 6-8, 2017, Chicago, Illinois 250110, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Christophe Bezes, 2011. "Types de risques perçus et réducteurs de risques dans le commerce électronique : le cas du site Fnac.com," Post-Print hal-02086726, HAL.
- Kim, Joon Ho & Kang, Kyung Ho, 2018. "The effect of promotion on gaming revenue: A study of the US casino industry," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 317-326.
- Yoshida, Masayuki & James, Jeffrey D. & Cronin, J. Joseph, 2013. "Sport event innovativeness: Conceptualization, measurement, and its impact on consumer behavior," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 68-84.
More about this item
KeywordsB2B; media exposure; SME; sponsorship; sports;
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- Z0 - Other Special Topics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ibn:ijmsjn:v:9:y:2017:i:5:p:77-94. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Canadian Center of Science and Education). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cepflch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.