The Financial Crisis and Chinaâ€™s â€œHarmonious Societyâ€
The global financial crisis has had a large negative impact on Chinaâ€™s economy, particularly on employment, but the government responses appear to have been effective. This article focuses on the social policy responses after the crisis, and how these are situated in the austere social policies that have come about since the economic reforms started in 1978, and the recent aims to create a â€œharmonious societyâ€ and the challenges and contradictions these contain.
Volume (Year): 39 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Neuer Jungfernstieg 21, D-20354 Hamburg|
Phone: +49 (0)40 42825-593
Fax: +49 (0)40 42825-547
Web page: http://www.currentchineseaffairs.org
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.giga-hamburg.de/china-aktuell Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Prasad, Eswar S., 2009.
"Is the Chinese growth miracle built to last?,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 103-123, March.
- Prasad, Eswar, 2007. "Is the Chinese Growth Miracle Built to Last?," IZA Discussion Papers 2995, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sangyeon Hwang & Hyejoon Im, 2009. "Implications of the Global Financial Crisis on Korea's Trade," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 8(3), pages 46-81, October.
- Charles Yuji Horioka & Junmin Wan, 2007. "The Determinants of Household Saving in China: A Dynamic Panel Analysis of Provincial Data," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 39(8), pages 2077-2096, December.
- Charles Yuji Horioka & Junmin Wan, 2006. "The Determinants of Household Saving in China: A Dynamic Panel Analysis of Provincial Data," ISER Discussion Paper 0676, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University, revised Sep 2007.
- Charles Yuji Horioka & Junmin Wan, 2006. "The Determinants of Household Saving in China: A Dynamic Panel Analysis of Provincial Data," NBER Working Papers 12723, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles Yuji Horioka & Junmin Wan, 2007. "The determinants of household saving in China: a dynamic panel analysis of provincial data," Working Paper Series 2007-28, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Jing Jin & Chunli Shen & Qian Wang & Heng-fu Zou, 2012. "Decentralization in China," CEMA Working Papers 546, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- -, 2009. "The impact of the financial crisis on women in the Caribbean," Sede Subregional de la CEPAL para el Caribe (Estudios e Investigaciones) 38669, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Ian Holliday, 2000. "Productivist Welfare Capitalism: Social Policy in East Asia," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 48(4), pages 706-723, 09.
- Naude, Wim, 2009. "The Financial Crisis of 2008 and the Developing Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series WIDER Discussion Paper 20, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Filippov, Sergey & Kalotay, Kalman, 2009. "Foreign Direct Investment in Times of Global Economic Crisis: Spotlight on New Europe," MERIT Working Papers 021, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Günter Schucher, 2009. "China’s Employment Crisis – A Stimulus for Policy Change?," Journal of Current Chinese Affairs - China aktuell, Institute of Asian Studies, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg, vol. 38(2), pages 121-144. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gig:chaktu:v:39:y:2010:i:2:p:69-99. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karsten Giese)or (Heike Holbig)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.