The Financial Crisis and Chinaâ€™s â€œHarmonious Societyâ€
The global financial crisis has had a large negative impact on Chinaâ€™s economy, particularly on employment, but the government responses appear to have been effective. This article focuses on the social policy responses after the crisis, and how these are situated in the austere social policies that have come about since the economic reforms started in 1978, and the recent aims to create a â€œharmonious societyâ€ and the challenges and contradictions these contain.
Volume (Year): 39 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Neuer Jungfernstieg 21, D-20354 Hamburg|
Phone: +49 (0)40 42825-593
Fax: +49 (0)40 42825-547
Web page: http://www.currentchineseaffairs.org
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.giga-hamburg.de/china-aktuell Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- -, 2009. "The impact of the financial crisis on women in the Caribbean," Sede Subregional de la CEPAL para el Caribe (Estudios e Investigaciones) 38669, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Naude, Wim, 2009. "The Financial Crisis of 2008 and the Developing Countries," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ian Holliday, 2000. "Productivist Welfare Capitalism: Social Policy in East Asia," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 48(4), pages 706-723, 09.
- Prasad, Eswar, 2007.
"Is the Chinese Growth Miracle Built to Last?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2995, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jing Jin & Chunli Shen & Qian Wang & Heng-fu Zou, 2012. "Decentralization in China," CEMA Working Papers 546, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Sangyeon Hwang & Hyejoon Im, 2009. "Implications of the Global Financial Crisis on Korea's Trade," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 8(3), pages 46-81, October.
- Günter Schucher, 2009. "China’s Employment Crisis – A Stimulus for Policy Change?," Journal of Current Chinese Affairs - China aktuell, Institute of Asian Studies, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg, vol. 38(2), pages 121-144.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gig:chaktu:v:39:y:2010:i:2:p:69-99. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karsten Giese)or (Heike Holbig)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.