Why Half of Chinaâ€™s Overseas Acquisitions Could Not Be Completed
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Deng, Ping, 2007. "Investing for strategic resources and its rationale: The case of outward FDI from Chinese companies," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 71-81.
- Henry, Darren, 2004. "Corporate governance and ownership structure of target companies and the outcome of takeovers," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 419-444, September.
- P. S. Sudarsanam, 1995. "The role of defensive strategies and ownership structure of target firms: Evidence from UK hostile takeover bids," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 1(3), pages 223-240.
- Deng, Ping, 2009. "Why do Chinese firms tend to acquire strategic assets in international expansion?," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 74-84, January.
- Walkling, Ralph A., 1985. "Predicting Tender Offer Success: A Logistic Analysis," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(04), pages 461-478, December.
- Cotter, James F. & Shivdasani, Anil & Zenner, Marc, 1997. "Do independent directors enhance target shareholder wealth during tender offers?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 195-218, February.
- John Child & Suzana B. Rodrigues, 2005. "The Internationalization of Chinese Firms: A Case for Theoretical Extension?," Management and Organization Review, International Association of Chinese Management Research, vol. 1(3), pages 381-410, November.
- Yaakov Weber & Oded Shenkar & Adi Raveh, 1996. "National and Corporate Cultural Fit in Mergers/Acquisitions: An Exploratory Study," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(8), pages 1215-1227, August.
- P. Holl & J. F. Pickering, 1988. "The determinants and effects of actual, abandoned and contested mergers," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Rui, Huaichuan & Yip, George S., 2008. "Foreign acquisitions by Chinese firms: A strategic intent perspective," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 213-226, March.
- Mike W Peng & Denis Y L Wang & Yi Jiang, 2008. "An institution-based view of international business strategy: a focus on emerging economies," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(5), pages 920-936, July.
- Aymo Brunetti & Beatrice Weder, 1998. "Investment and institutional uncertainty: A comparative study of different uncertainty measures," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 134(3), pages 513-533, September.
- Hirshleifer, David & Titman, Sheridan, 1990. "Share Tendering Strategies and the Success of Hostile Takeover Bids," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(2), pages 295-324, April.
- John Dunning & Chang-Su Kim & Jyh-Der Lin, 2001. "Incorporating Trade into the Investment Development Path: A Case Study of Korea and Taiwan," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(2), pages 145-154.
- Very, Philippe & Schweiger, David M., 2001. "The acquisition process as a learning process: Evidence from a study of critical problems and solutions in domestic and cross-border deals," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 11-31, April.
- Noel O'Sullivan & Pauline Wong, 1998. "Internal versus External Control: An Analysis of Board Composition and Ownership in UK Takeovers," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 2(1), pages 17-35, March.
- Child, John & Rodrigues, Suzana B., 2005. "The Internationalization of Chinese Firms: A Case for Theoretical Extension?," Management and Organization Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(03), pages 381-410, November.
- Yuanzhi Luo, 2005. "Do Insiders Learn from Outsiders? Evidence from Mergers and Acquisitions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(4), pages 1951-1982, August.
- Elias Raad & Robert Ryan, 1995. "Capital Structure and Ownership Distribution of Tender Offer Targets: An Empirical Study," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 24(1), Spring.
- Deng, Ping, 2004. "Outward investment by Chinese MNCs: Motivations and implications," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 8-16.
- Darren Henry, 2005. "Directors' Recommendations in Takeovers: An Agency and Governance Analysis," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(1-2), pages 129-159.
- Duggal, Rakesh & Millar, James A., 1994. "Institutional investors, antitakeover defenses and success of hostile takeover bids," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 387-402.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abhirup Chakrabarti & Will Mitchell, 2016. "The role of geographic distance in completing related acquisitions: Evidence from U.S. chemical manufacturers," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(4), pages 673-694, April.
More about this item
KeywordsChina; financial services; institutions; ownership; overseas acquisition; deal completion;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gig:chaktu:v:39:y:2010:i:2:p:101-131. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karsten Giese) or (Heike Holbig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dueiide.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.