Technology Acquisition and SMEs Performance, the Role of Innovation, Export and the Perception of Owner-Managers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Love, James H. & Ganotakis, Panagiotis, 2013. "Learning by exporting: Lessons from high-technology SMEs," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-17.
- Juan Blyde & Gonzalo Iberti & Micaela Mussini, 2018.
"When does innovation matter for exporting?,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 54(4), pages 1653-1671, June.
- Blyde, Juan & Iberti, Gonzalo & Mussini, Micaela, 2015. "When does Innovation Matter for Exporting?," MPRA Paper 61574, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oura, Mauricio Massao & Zilber, Silvia Novaes & Lopes, Evandro Luiz, 2016. "Innovation capacity, international experience and export performance of SMEs in Brazil," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 921-932.
- Tomohiko Inui & Keiko Ito & Daisuke Miyakawa, 2017.
"Export Experience, Product Differentiation and Firm Survival in Export Markets,"
The Japanese Economic Review, Springer, vol. 68(2), pages 217-231, June.
- Tomohiko Inui & Keiko Ito & Daisuke Miyakawa, 2017. "Export Experience, Product Differentiation and Firm Survival in Export Markets," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 217-231, June.
- INUI Tomohiko & ITO Keiko & MIYAKAWA Daisuke, 2015. "Export Experience, Product Differentiation, and Firm Survival in Export Markets," Discussion papers 15086, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Ortiz-Villajos, José M. & Sotoca, Sonia, 2018. "Innovation and business survival: A long-term approach," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(8), pages 1418-1436.
- Robert Salomon & J. Myles Shaver, 2005. "Export and domestic sales: their interrelationship and determinants," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(9), pages 855-871, September.
- Flora Wang, 2016. "What are the biggest obstacles to growth of SMEs in developing countries? - A picture emerging from an enterprise survey," Working Papers IES 2016/09, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised May 2016.
- Viet Le & Abbas Valadkhani, 2014. "Are exporting manufacturing SMEs more efficient than non-exporting ones? Evidence from Australiaùs business longitudinal database," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 310-317.
- Martuscelli, Antonio & Varela, Gonzalo, 2018.
"Survival is for the fittest: Export survival patterns in Georgia,"
Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 397-413.
- Martuscelli,Antonio & Varela,Gonzalo J., 2015. "Survival is for the fittest: export survival patterns in Georgia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7161, The World Bank.
- Yao Wang, 2016. "What are the biggest obstacles to growth of SMEs in developing countries? – An empirical evidence from an enterprise survey," Borsa Istanbul Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 16(3), pages 167-176, September.
- Bah, El-hadj & Fang, Lei, 2015.
"Impact of the business environment on output and productivity in Africa,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 159-171.
- Bah, El-hadj M. & Fang, Lei, 2011. "Impact of the business environment on output and productivity in Africa," MPRA Paper 32225, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bah, El-hadj M. & Fang, Lei, 2011. "Impact of the business environment on output and productivity in Africa," MPRA Paper 32517, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- El-hadj Bah & Lei Fang, 2011. "Impact of the business environment on output and productivity in Africa," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2011-14, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Lan Archer & Parmendra Sharma & Jen-Je Su, 2020. "SME credit constraints and access to informal credit markets in Vietnam," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, vol. 47(6), pages 787-807, June.
- Alexander Cobham, "undated". "The Financing and Technology Decisions of SMEs: I. Finance as a Determinant of Investment," QEH Working Papers qehwps24, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Gopalan, Sasidaran & Sasidharan, Subash, 2020. "Financial liberalization and access to credit in emerging and developing economies: A firm-level empirical investigation," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 107(C).
- Bronzini, Raffaello & Piselli, Paolo, 2016.
"The impact of R&D subsidies on firm innovation,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 442-457.
- Raffaello Bronzini & Paolo Piselli, 2014. "The impact of R&D subsidies on firm innovation," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 960, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Zhongjuan Sun, 2014. "Domestic technological acquisitions and the innovation performance of acquiring firms," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 149-170, May.
- Ullah, Barkat, 2019. "Firm innovation in transition economies: The role of formal versus informal finance," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 58-75.
- José Bardaji & Jean‐Charles Bricongne & Benoît Campagne & Guillaume Gaulier, 2019. "Domestic and export performances of French firms," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 785-817, March.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli, 2006. "Small and medium-size enterprises: Access to finance as a growth constraint," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 2931-2943, November.
- Hamza Saleem & Yongjun Li & Zulqurnain Ali & Aqsa Mehreen & Muhammad Salman Mansoor, 2020. "An empirical investigation on how big data analytics influence China SMEs performance: do product and process innovation matter?," Asia Pacific Business Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(5), pages 537-562, October.
- Sorin Gabriel Anton, 2019. "Leverage and firm growth: an empirical investigation of gazelles from emerging Europe," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 209-232, March.
- Yatsenko, Yuri & Hritonenko, Natali, 2008.
"Technological breakthroughs and asset replacement,"
LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE
2008074, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- YATSENKO, Yuri & HRITONENKO, Natali, 2009. "Technological breakthroughs and asset replacement," LIDAM Reprints CORE 2121, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ghasemaghaei, Maryam & Calic, Goran, 2020. "Assessing the impact of big data on firm innovation performance: Big data is not always better data," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 147-162.
- Rodil, Óscar & Vence, Xavier & Sánchez, María del Carmen, 2016. "The relationship between innovation and export behaviour: The case of Galician firms," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 113(PB), pages 248-265.
- Tino Woschke & Heiko Haase & Jan Kratzer, 2017. "Resource scarcity in SMEs: effects on incremental and radical innovations," Management Research Review, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, vol. 40(2), pages 195-217, February.
- Chen, Ming-Chin & Gupta, Sanjay, 2017. "The incentive effects of R&D tax credits: An empirical examination in an emerging economy," Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 52-68.
- Meihong Dai & Haiyang Liu & Lingtao Lin, 2020. "How innovation impacts firms' export survival: Does export mode matter?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 81-113, January.
- Wellalage, Nirosha Hewa & Fernandez, Viviana, 2019. "Innovation and SME finance: Evidence from developing countries," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 66(C).
- Mi Dai & Miaojie Yu & Chunming Zhao, 2018. "Export tightening, competition, and firm innovation: Evidence from the renminbi appreciation," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 263-286, February.
- Morris, Diego M., 2018. "Innovation and productivity among heterogeneous firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(10), pages 1918-1932.
- Khanh T.P. Nguyen & Thomas Yeung & Bruno Castanier, 2017. "Acquisition of new technology information for maintenance and replacement policies," International Journal of Production Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 55(8), pages 2212-2231, April.
- Abdul-Hanan Abdallah, 2016. "Does credit market inefficiency affect technology adoption? Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, vol. 76(4), pages 494-511, November.
- David Higgins & Paul Jones & Pauric Mcgowan, 2018. "Creating Entrepreneurial Space : Talking Through Multi-Voices, Reflections on Emerging Debates," Post-Print hal-02298298, HAL.
- Bianchi, Constanza & Wickramasekera, Rumintha, 2016. "Antecedents of SME export intensity in a Latin American Market," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(10), pages 4368-4376.
- Akram Dehnokhalaji & Mojtaba Ghiyasi & Pekka Korhonen, 2017. "Resource allocation based on cost efficiency," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 68(10), pages 1279-1289, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Edmund Mallinguh & Christopher Wasike & Zeman Zoltan, 2020. "The Business Sector, Firm Age, and Performance: The Mediating Role of Foreign Ownership and Financial Leverage," IJFS, MDPI, vol. 8(4), pages 1-16, December.
- Amina Rizwan & Faisal Mustafa, 2022. "Fintech Attaining Sustainable Development: An Investor Perspective of Crowdfunding Platforms in a Developing Country," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(12), pages 1-17, June.
- Hernita Hernita & Batara Surya & Iwan Perwira & Herminawaty Abubakar & Muhammad Idris, 2021. "Economic Business Sustainability and Strengthening Human Resource Capacity Based on Increasing the Productivity of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Makassar City, Indonesia," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(6), pages 1-36, March.
- Shiyong Zheng & Xinsen Ye & Weili Guan & Yuping Yang & Jiaying Li & Biqing Li, 2022. "Assessing the Influence of Green Innovation on the Market Performance of Small- and Medium-Sized Enterprises," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(20), pages 1-14, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Muhammad Arif & Mudassar Hasan & Ahmed Shafique Joyo & Christopher Gan & Sazali Abidin, 2020. "Formal Finance Usage and Innovative SMEs: Evidence from ASEAN Countries," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 13(10), pages 1-19, September.
- Wu, Lichao & Wei, Yingqi & Wang, Chengang & McDonald, Frank & Han, Xia, 2022. "The importance of institutional and financial resources for export performance associated with technological innovation," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 185(C).
- Edeh, Jude N. & Acedo, Francisco J., 2021. "External supports, innovation efforts and productivity: Estimation of a CDM model for small firms in developing countries," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 173(C).
- Taghizadeh-Hesary, Farhad & Phoumin, Han & Rasoulinezhad, Ehsan, 2022. "COVID-19 and regional solutions for mitigating the risk of SME finance in selected ASEAN member states," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 506-525.
- Saibal Ghosh, 2022. "Firm Performance and Productivity: Is Labour an Obstacle?," The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Springer;The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), vol. 65(3), pages 709-728, September.
- Abderazak Bakhouche, 2022. "Assessing the Innovation-finance Nexus for SMEs: Evidence from the Arab Region (MENA)," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 13(3), pages 1875-1895, September.
- Imelda T. Angeles & Ma. Socorro P. Calara & Allan B. Guzman, 2019. "The mediating effect of microfinancing on access to finance and growth of microenterprises: evidence from the Philippines," Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research, Springer;UNESCO Chair in Entrepreneurship, vol. 9(1), pages 1-16, December.
- ONIFADE Stephen Taiwo & ACET Hakan & ÇEVİK Savaş, 2022. "Modeling The Impacts Of Msmes' Contributions To Gdp And Their Constraints On Unemployment: The Case Of African’S Most Populous Country," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 17(1), pages 154-170, April.
- Johan Karlsson, 2021. "Firm size and growth barriers: a data-driven approach," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 57(3), pages 1319-1338, October.
- Godfrey Tambudzayi Musabayana & Emmanuel Mutambara & Tony Ngwenya, 2022. "An empirical assessment of how the government policies influenced the performance of the SMEs in Zimbabwe," Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 1-21, December.
- Hongyi Zhang & Hsing Hung Chen & Kunseng Lao & Zhengyu Ren, 2022. "The Impacts of Resource Endowment, and Environmental Regulations on Sustainability—Empirical Evidence Based on Data from Renewable Energy Enterprises," Energies, MDPI, vol. 15(13), pages 1-14, June.
- Ștefan Cristian Gherghina & Mihai Alexandru Botezatu & Alexandra Hosszu & Liliana Nicoleta Simionescu, 2020. "Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs): The Engine of Economic Growth through Investments and Innovation," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Mirgul Nizaeva & Ali Coskun, 2019. "Investigating the Relationship Between Financial Constraint and Growth of SMEs in South Eastern Europe," SAGE Open, , vol. 9(3), pages 21582440198, September.
- Abdelkrim Araar & Yesuf Mohammednur Awel & Jonse Bane Boka & Hiywot Menker & Ajebush Shafi & Eleni Yitbarek & Mulatu Zerihun, 2019. "Impact of Credit and Training on Enterprise Performance: Evidence from Urban Ethiopia," Working Papers PMMA 2019-13, PEP-PMMA.
- Ploypailin Kijkasiwat & Pongsutti Phuensane, 2020. "Innovation and Firm Performance: The Moderating and Mediating Roles of Firm Size and Small and Medium Enterprise Finance," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 13(5), pages 1-15, May.
- Madiha Noshad & Mariam Amjad & Muhammad Nouman Shafiq & Seemab Gillani, 2019. "Performance and Obstacles of SMEs: An Empirical Evidence from BRICS Countries," iRASD Journal of Economics, International Research Alliance for Sustainable Development (iRASD), vol. 1(2), pages 113-132, December.
- Pierre Claver Bitama & Philippe Lebailly & Patrice Ndimanya & Philippe Burny, 2019. "Global Value Chain Governance and Relation between Local Actors in the Burundian Tea Sector," International Review of Management and Marketing, Econjournals, vol. 9(6), pages 105-111.
- Wu, Lichao & Wei, Yingqi & Wang, Chengang, 2021. "Disentangling the effects of business groups in the innovation-export relationship," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(1).
- Adu-Gyamfi, Richard & Kuada, John & Asongu, Simplice, 2018.
"An Integrative Framework for Entrepreneurship Research in Africa,"
89133, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard Adu-Gyamfi & John Kuada & Simplice Asongu, 2018. "An Integrative Framework for Entrepreneurship Research in Africa," Working Papers of the African Governance and Development Institute. 18/025, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Richard Adu-Gyamfi & John Kuada & Simplice A. Asongu, 2018. "An Integrative Framework for Entrepreneurship Research in Africa," Research Africa Network Working Papers 18/025, Research Africa Network (RAN).
- Cláudia P. Ribau & António C. Moreira & Mário Raposo, 2017. "SMEs innovation capabilities and export performance: an entrepreneurial orientation view," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(5), pages 920-934, September.
More about this item
Keywordstechnology acquisition; innovation; export; perception; moderated-mediation;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jjrfmx:v:13:y:2020:i:11:p:258-:d:436915. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: MDPI Indexing Manager (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.