Recession and recovery across the nation: lessons from history
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Garcia-Mila, Teresa & McGuire, Therese J., 1993.
"Industrial mix as a factor in the growth and variability of states' economies,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 731-748, December.
- Teresa Garcia-Milà & Therese J. McGuire, 1992. "Industrial mix as a factor in the growth and variability of States' economies," Economics Working Papers 9, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Owyang, Michael T. & Rapach, David E. & Wall, Howard J., 2009. "States and the business cycle," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 181-194, March.
- Michael Porter, 2003. "The Economic Performance of Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(6-7), pages 549-578.
- Jane Katz, 1999. "When the Economy Goes South," Regional Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Q3, pages 24-31.
- Gerald A. Carlino, 2007. "The great moderation in economic volatility: a view from the states," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Q1, pages 11-20.
- Chad R. Wilkerson & Megan D. Williams, 2007. "The Tenth District's defining industries: how are they changing?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q III, pages 59-81.
- Fratantoni, Michael & Schuh, Scott, 2003. " Monetary Policy, Housing, and Heterogeneous Regional Markets," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(4), pages 557-589, August.
- Michael T. Owyang & Jeremy Piger & Howard J. Wall, 2005. "Business Cycle Phases in U.S. States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 87(4), pages 604-616, November.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2005. "Regional cyclical asymmetries in an optimal currency area: an analysis using US state data," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(3), pages 373-397, July.
- Chad R. Wilkerson, 2005. "What do expected changes in U.S. job structure mean for states and workers in the Tenth District?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 59-93.
- Gerald Carlino & Robert Defina, 1998. "The Differential Regional Effects Of Monetary Policy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 572-587, November.
- Troy A. Davig, 2008. "Detecting recessions in the Great Moderation: a real-time analysis," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q IV, pages 5-33.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedker:y:2009:i:qii:p:5-24:n:v.94no.2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LDayrit). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbkcus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.