Monetary policy without reserve requirements : case studies and options for the United States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lewis Evans & Arthur Grimes & Bryce Wilkinson, 1996. "Economic Reform in New Zealand 1984-95: The Pursuit of Efficiency," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(4), pages 1856-1902, December.
- Kevin Clinton, 1997. "Implementation of Monetary Policy in a Regime with Zero Reserve Requirements," Staff Working Papers 97-8, Bank of Canada.
- Joshua N. Feinman, 1993. "Reserve requirements: history, current practice, and potential reform," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Jun, pages 569-589.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Woodford, 2001. "Monetary policy in the information economy," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 297-370.
- Roberds, William, 1998. "The supply and demand for Federal Reserve deposits : A comment," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 45-52, December.
- Bental, Benjamin & Eden, Benjamin, 2002. "Reserve requirements and output fluctuations," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(8), pages 1597-1620, November.
- Rodrigo Cifuentes S., 2001. "Encaje a los Depósitos: Argumentos Teóricos e Impcato en la Política de Liquidez de los Bancos," Notas de Investigación Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 4(3), pages 97-101, December.
- Demiralp, Selva & Farley, Dennis, 2005.
"Declining required reserves, funds rate volatility, and open market operations,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1131-1152, May.
- Selva Demiralp & Dennis Farley, 2003. "Declining required reserves, funds rate volatility, and open market operations," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2003-27, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Yueh-Yun C. O'Brien, 2007. "Reserve requirement systems in OECD countries," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2007-54, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Dow, James Jr., 2001. "The Recent Behavior of Adjustment Credit at the Discount Window," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 199-211, April.
- Georg Rich, 1997. "Do Central Banks Need Minimum Reserves?," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 133(IV), pages 691-708, December.
- Xiaohui Zhang & Zhihong Ji & Yong Cui, 2009. "Reserve requirement, reserve requirement tax and money control in China: 1984–2007," Frontiers of Economics in China, Springer;Higher Education Press, vol. 4(3), pages 361-383, September.
- Sato, Kazuo, 1998. "Stabilization policy and the Japanese economy," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 67-94.
- Nicolas Couderc, 2005. "Réserves obligatoires : un état des lieux," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 78(1), pages 363-380.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary policy - Great Britain; Monetary policy - New Zealand; Monetary policy; Monetary policy - Canada; Bank reserves;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedker:y:1997:i:qii:p:5-30:n:v.82no.2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbkcus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.