New Zealand'S Economic Reforms And Changing Production Structure
New Zealand's economic reforms beginning in 1984 have been one of the most radical and comprehensive programme of structural adjustment among OECD countries. This paper provides an empirical assessment of how New Zealand's production structure has changed since the early 1970s. The methodology used is input output analysis. The study is undertaken at the 25-industry level using inter industry transactions for 1971-72, 1976-77, 1981-82, 1986-87, 1990-91 and 1994-95. The results show that some industries have been subject to large structural change and that shifts in New Zealand's pattern of industrial activity have occurred.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Crawford Building, Lennox Crossing, Building #132, Canberra ACT 2601|
Phone: +61 2 6125 4705
Fax: +61 2 6125 5448
Web page: http://cama.crawford.anu.edu.au
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lewis Evans & Arthur Grimes & Bryce Wilkinson, 1996. "Economic Reform in New Zealand 1984-95: The Pursuit of Efficiency," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(4), pages 1856-1902, December.
- Redding, Stephen, 2002.
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 299-334, December.
- Stephen Redding, 2002. "Specialization dynamics," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 210, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Robert Buckle & David Haugh & Peter Thomson, 2003. "Calm after the storm? Supply-side contributions to New Zealand's GDP volatility decline," New Zealand Economic Papers, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 217-243.
- Robert A Buckle & David Haugh & Peter Thomson, 2001. "Calm after the Storm?: Supply-side contributions to New Zealand’s GDP volatility decline," Treasury Working Paper Series 01/33, New Zealand Treasury.
- Melleny Black & Melody Guy & Nathan McLellan, 2003. "Productivity in New Zealand 1988 to 2002," New Zealand Economic Papers, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(1), pages 119-150.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:een:camaaa:2005-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cama Admin)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.