Reserve requirement, reserve requirement tax and money control in China: 1984–2007
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 4 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/11459|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas F. Cooley & Gary D. Hansen, 1991.
"Tax distortions in a neoclassical monetary economy,"
Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics
38, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Cooley, Thomas F. & Hansen, Gary D., 1992. "Tax distortions in a neoclassical monetary economy," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 290-316, December.
- Cooley, T.F. & Hansen, G.D., 1991. "Tax Distortions in a Neoclassical Monetary Economy," RCER Working Papers 265, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Cooley, T.F. & Hansen, G.D., 1991. "The Distortions in a Neoclassical Monetary Economy," Papers 91-01, Rochester, Business - General.
- Woodford, M., 1999.
"Optimal Monetary Policy Inertia.,"
666, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Michael Woodford, 1999. "Optimal Monetary Policy Inertia," NBER Working Papers 7261, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Woodford, Michael, 1999. "Optimal monetary policy inertia," CFS Working Paper Series 1999/09, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Woodford, Michael, 2000. "Optimal Monetary Policy Inertia," Seminar Papers 666, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Willem H. Buiter & Nikolaos Panigirtzoglou, 1999.
"Liquidity Traps: How to Avoid Them and How to Escape Them,"
NBER Working Papers
7245, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Willem H Buiter & Nikolaos Panigirtzoglou, 2000. "Liquidity traps: how to avoid them and how to escape them," Bank of England working papers 111, Bank of England.
- Buiter, Willem H. & Panigirtzoglou, Nikolaos, 1999. "Liquidity Traps: How to Avoid Them and How to Escape Them," CEPR Discussion Papers 2203, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barro, Robert J. & Gordon, David B., 1983.
"Rules, discretion and reputation in a model of monetary policy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 101-121.
- Robert J. Barro & David B. Gordon, 1983. "Rules, Discretion and Reputation in a Model of Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 1079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-91, June.
- Freeman, Scott, 1987. "Reserve requirements and optimal seigniorage," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 307-314, March.
- Paul Bennett & Stavros Peristiani, 2002. "Are U.S. reserve requirements still binding?," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue May, pages 53-68.
- Robert E. Lucas, Jr. & Nancy L. Stokey, 1985.
"Money and Interest in a Cash-in-Advance Economy,"
NBER Working Papers
1618, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Slovin, Myron B. & Sushka, Marie E. & Bendeck, Yvette M., 1990. "The market valuation effects of reserve regulation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 3-19, January.
- Cosimano, Thomas F. & McDonald, Bill, 1998. "What's different among banks?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 57-70, February.
- James, Christopher, 1987. "Some evidence on the uniqueness of bank loans," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 217-235, December.
- Scott E. Hein & Jonathan D. Stewart, 2002. "Reserve requirements: A modern perspective," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q4, pages 41-52.
- Richard D. Cothren & Roger N. Waud, 1991.
"On the Optimality of Reserve Requirements,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0101, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Lucas Jr. & Nancy L. Stokey, 1982.
"Optimal Fiscal and Monetary Policy in an Economy Without Capital,"
532, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Lucas, Robert Jr. & Stokey, Nancy L., 1983. "Optimal fiscal and monetary policy in an economy without capital," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 55-93.
- Prakash Loungani & Mark Rush, 1994.
"The effect of changes in reserve requirements on investment and GNP,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
471, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Loungani, Prakash & Rush, Mark, 1995. "The Effect of Changes in Reserve Requirements on Investment and GNP," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(2), pages 511-26, May.
- Prakash Loungani & Mark Rush, 1991. "The effect of changes in reserve requirements on investment and GNP," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-21, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Black, Fischer, 1975. "Bank funds management in an efficient market," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 323-339, December.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2002. "The E-Money Revolution: Challenges and Implications for Monetary Policy," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 24(2), pages 217-233, December.
- Kolari, James & Mahajan, Arvind & Saunders, Edward M., 1988. "The effect of changes in reserve requirements on bank stock prices," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 183-198, June.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1992. "Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America," MPRA Paper 13843, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roque B. Fernandez & Pablo E. Guidotti, 1996. "Regulating the banking industry in transition economies: Exploring interactions between capital and reserve requirements," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 109-134.
- Thomas Palley, 2004. "Asset-based reserve requirements: reasserting domestic monetary control in an era of financial innovation and instability," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 43-58.
- Fabozzi, Frank J. & Thurston, Thom B., 1986. "State Taxes and Reserve Requirements as Major Determinants of Yield Spreads among Money Market Instruments," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(04), pages 427-436, December.
- Brock, Philip L, 1989. "Reserve Requirements and the Inflation Tax," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 21(1), pages 106-21, February.
- Gordon Sellon, Jr. & Stuart E. Weiner, 1997. "Monetary policy without reserve requirements : case studies and options for the United States," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 5-30.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:frecch:v:4:y:2009:i:3:p:361-383. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.