On the Optimality of Reserve Requirements
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Polemarchakis, H. M. & Weiss, L., 1977. "On the desirability of a "totally random" monetary policy," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 345-350, August.
- King, Robert G., 1983. "On the economics of private money," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 127-158.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1980. "Banking in the theory of finance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 39-57, January.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1977. "Reply to muench and polemarchakis and weiss," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 351-352, August.
- Rolnick, Arthur J & Weber, Warren E, 1983. "New Evidence on the Free Banking Era," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 1080-1091, December.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1972. "Expectations and the neutrality of money," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 103-124, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eduardo Jallath-Coria & Tridas Mukhopadhyay & Amir Yaron, 2002. "How Well Do Banks Manage Their Reserves?," NBER Working Papers 9388, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eduardo J. J. Ganapolsky, 2003. "Reserve requirements, bank runs, and optimal policies in small open economies," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2003-39, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Rocío Betancourt & Hernando Vargas, 2009.
"Encajes bancarios y tasas de interés,"
ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA,
BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE, vol. 27(59), pages 158-186, June.
- Rocío Betancourt & Hernando Vargas, 2009. "Encajes Bancarios Y Tasas De Interés," Ensayos sobre Política Económica, Banco de la Republica de Colombia, vol. 27(59), pages 158-186, Junio.
- Bindseil, Ulrich, 1997. "Reserve requirements and economic stabilization," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 1997,01e, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- David Vanhoose, 1997. "Macroeconomic stability in a free banking system," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 25(4), pages 331-343, December.
- Angelini, Paolo, 1998. "An analysis of competitive externalities in gross settlement systems," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Bakirov Rustam & Grishan Maxim, 2003. "Banking regulation and financial stability," EERC Working Paper Series 99-088e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Kris James Mitchener, 2007. "Are Prudential Supervision and Regulation Pillars of Financial Stability? Evidence from the Great Depression," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50, pages 273-302.
- Bindseil, Ulrich, 1997. "Die Stabilisierungswirkungen von Mindestreserven," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 1997,01, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Carrera, César, 2012. "Políticas de Encajes y Modelos Económicos," Working Papers 2012-006, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú.
- Kris James Mitchener, 2004. "Bank Supervision, Regulation, and Instability During the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 10475, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cothren, Richard, 2006. "A model of optimal legal restrictions and open market operations," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 480-492, September.
- Kris James Mitchener, 2006. "Are Prudential Supervision and Regulation Pillars of Financial Stability? Evidence from the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 12074, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xiaohui Zhang & Zhihong Ji & Yong Cui, 2009. "Reserve requirement, reserve requirement tax and money control in China: 1984–2007," Frontiers of Economics in China, Springer;Higher Education Press, vol. 4(3), pages 361-383, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberte:0101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .