Financial statements and reality: do troubled banks tell all?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Berger, Allen N. & King, Kathleen Kuester & O'Brien, James M., 1991. "The limitations of market value accounting and a more realistic alternative," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 753-783, September.
- Rebel Cole & Jeffery Gunther, 1998. "Predicting Bank Failures: A Comparison of On- and Off-Site Monitoring Systems," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 13(2), pages 103-117, April.
- Rebel A. Cole & Jeffery W. Gunther, 1995. "FIMS: a new monitoring system for banking institutions," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Jan, pages 1-15.
- Larry D. Wall & Timothy W. Koch, 2000. "Bank loan-loss accounting: a review of theoretical and empirical evidence," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q2, pages 1-20.
- John R. Walter, 1991. "Loan loss reserves," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Jul, pages 20-30.
- Flannery, Mark J & Houston, Joel F, 1999. "The Value of a Government Monitor for U.S. Banking Firms," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(1), pages 14-34, February.
- Simon H. Kwan & Randy O'Toole, 1997. "Recent developments in loan loss provisioning at U.S. commercial banks," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue jul25.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark M. Spiegel & Nobuyoshi Yamori, 2003.
"Determinants of voluntary bank disclosure: evidence from Japanese Shinkin banks,"
Pacific Basin Working Paper Series
03-03, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Mark M. Spiegel & Nobuyoshi Yamori, 2004. "Determinants of Voluntary Bank Disclosure: Evidence from Japanese Shinkin Banks," CESifo Working Paper Series 1135, CESifo Group Munich.
- Spiegel, Mark M. & Yamori, Nobuyoshi, 2007. "Market price accounting and depositor discipline: The case of Japanese regional banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 769-786, March.
- R. Alton Gilbert & Andrew P. Meyer & Mark D. Vaughan, 2006.
"Can feedback from the jumbo CD market improve bank surveillance?,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 135-175.
- R. Alton Gilbert & Andrew P. Meyer & Mark D. Vaughan, 2003. "Can feedback from the jumbo-CD market improve bank surveillance?," Working Papers 2003-041, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Otchere, Isaac, 2009. "Competitive and value effects of bank privatization in developed countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 2373-2385, December.
- Mark M. Spiegel & Nobuyoshi Yamori, 2004. "Market price accounting and depositor discipline in Japanese regional banks," Working Paper Series 2004-27, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Otchere, Isaac, 2005. "Do privatized banks in middle- and low-income countries perform better than rival banks? An intra-industry analysis of bank privatization," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(8-9), pages 2067-2093, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedder:y:2000:i:q3:p:30-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbdaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.