Further Evidence on the Information Content of Bank Examination Ratings: A Study of BHC-to-FHC Conversion Applications
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ronn, Ehud I. & Verma, Avinash K., 1987. "A multi-attribute comparative evaluation of relative risk for a sample of banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 499-523, September.
- Allen Berger & Sally Davies, 1994.
"The Information Content of Bank Examinations,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
94-24, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Benston, George J & Marlin, John Tepper, 1974. "Bank Examiners' Evaluation of Credit: An Analysis of the Usefulness of Substandard Loan Data," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 6(1), pages 23-44, February.
- Allen, Linda & Jagtiani, Julapa, 2000. "The risk effects of combining banking, securities, and insurance activities," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 485-497.
- Donald P. Morgan, 2002. "Rating Banks: Risk and Uncertainty in an Opaque Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 874-888, September.
- Morck, Randall & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1990.
" Do Managerial Objectives Drive Bad Acquisitions?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 31-48, March.
- Flannery, Mark J & Houston, Joel F, 1999. "The Value of a Government Monitor for U.S. Banking Firms," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(1), pages 14-34, February.
- Berger, Allen N & Davies, Sally M & Flannery, Mark J, 2000.
"Comparing Market and Supervisory Assessments of Bank Performance: Who Knows What When?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(3), pages 641-67, August.
- Allen N. Berger & Sally M. Davies & Mark J. Flannery, 2000. "Comparing market and supervisory assessments of bank performance: who knows what when?," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 641-670.
- Allen N. Berger & Sally M. Davies & Mark J. Flannery, 1998. "Comparing market and supervisory assessments of bank performance: who knows what when?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-32, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Flannery, Mark J, 1998. "Using Market Information in Prudential Bank Supervision: A Review of the U.S. Empirical Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 273-305, August.
- Scholes, Myron & Williams, Joseph, 1977. "Estimating betas from nonsynchronous data," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 309-327, December.
- Rebel Cole & Jeffery Gunther, 1998. "Predicting Bank Failures: A Comparison of On- and Off-Site Monitoring Systems," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 103-117, April.
- John S. Jordan, 1999. "Pricing bank stocks: the contribution of bank examinations," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue May, pages 39-53.
- Katerina Simons & Stephen Cross, 1991. "Do capital markets predict problems in large commercial banks?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue May, pages 51-56.
- Flannery, Mark J. & Hameed, Allaudeen S. & Harjes, Richard H., 1997. "Asset pricing, time-varying risk premia and interest rate risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 315-335, March.
- Graham, David R & Humphrey, David Burras, 1978. "Bank Examination Data as Predictors of Bank Net Loan Losses," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 10(4), pages 491-504, November.
- Flannery, Mark J & James, Christopher M, 1984. " The Effect of Interest Rate Changes on the Common Stock Returns of Financial Institutions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1141-53, September.
- Mark J. Flannery, . "Can State Bank Examination Data Replace FDIC Examination Visits," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 13-79, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfsres:v:20:y:2001:i:2:p:213-232. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.