Further Evidence on the Information Content of Bank Examination Ratings: A Study of BHC-to-FHC Conversion Applications
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Flannery, Mark J, 1998. "Using Market Information in Prudential Bank Supervision: A Review of the U.S. Empirical Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 273-305, August.
- Graham, David R & Humphrey, David Burras, 1978. "Bank Examination Data as Predictors of Bank Net Loan Losses," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 10(4), pages 491-504, November.
- Flannery, Mark J & Houston, Joel F, 1999. "The Value of a Government Monitor for U.S. Banking Firms," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(1), pages 14-34, February.
- Benston, George J & Marlin, John Tepper, 1974. "Bank Examiners' Evaluation of Credit: An Analysis of the Usefulness of Substandard Loan Data," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 6(1), pages 23-44, February.
- Flannery, Mark J & James, Christopher M, 1984. " The Effect of Interest Rate Changes on the Common Stock Returns of Financial Institutions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1141-53, September.
- Allen N. Berger & Sally M. Davies & Mark J. Flannery, 2000.
"Comparing market and supervisory assessments of bank performance: who knows what when?,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 641-670.
- Berger, Allen N & Davies, Sally M & Flannery, Mark J, 2000. "Comparing Market and Supervisory Assessments of Bank Performance: Who Knows What When?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(3), pages 641-67, August.
- Allen N. Berger & Sally M. Davies & Mark J. Flannery, 1998. "Comparing market and supervisory assessments of bank performance: who knows what when?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-32, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rebel Cole & Jeffery Gunther, 1998. "Predicting Bank Failures: A Comparison of On- and Off-Site Monitoring Systems," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 103-117, April.
- Katerina Simons & Stephen Cross, 1991. "Do capital markets predict problems in large commercial banks?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue May, pages 51-56.
- Ronn, Ehud I. & Verma, Avinash K., 1987. "A multi-attribute comparative evaluation of relative risk for a sample of banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 499-523, September.
- Donald P. Morgan, 2002. "Rating Banks: Risk and Uncertainty in an Opaque Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 874-888, September.
- Allen Berger & Sally Davies, 1994.
"The Information Content of Bank Examinations,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
94-24, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Randall Morck & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1989.
"Do Managerial Objectives Drive Bad Acquisitions?,"
NBER Working Papers
3000, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allen, Linda & Jagtiani, Julapa, 2000. "The risk effects of combining banking, securities, and insurance activities," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 485-497.
- Mark J. Flannery, . "Can State Bank Examination Data Replace FDIC Examination Visits," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 13-79, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- John S. Jordan, 1999. "Pricing bank stocks: the contribution of bank examinations," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue May, pages 39-53.
- Scholes, Myron & Williams, Joseph, 1977. "Estimating betas from nonsynchronous data," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 309-327, December.
- Flannery, Mark J. & Hameed, Allaudeen S. & Harjes, Richard H., 1997. "Asset pricing, time-varying risk premia and interest rate risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 315-335, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfsres:v:20:y:2001:i:2:p:213-232. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.