Bank Capital and Risk: Is Voluntary Disclosure Enough?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 26 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/journal/10693|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roger B. Myerson & Mark A. Satterthwaite, 1981.
"Efficient Mechanisms for Bilateral Trading,"
469S, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Estrella, Arturo, 2004. "The cyclical behavior of optimal bank capital," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1469-1498, June.
- Kambhu, John, 1990. "Concealment of Risk and Regulation of Bank Risk Taking," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 397-414, December.
- Repullo, R., 1999.
"Who Should Act as Lender of Last Resort? An Incomplete Contracts Model,"
9913, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Rafael Repullo, 2000. "Who should act as lender of last resort? an incomplete contracts model," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 580-610.
- Repullo, Rafael, 2000. "Who Should Act as Lender of Last Resort? An Incomplete Contracts Model," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(3), pages 580-605, August.
- Giammarino, Ronald M & Lewis, Tracy R & Sappington, David E M, 1993.
" An Incentive Approach to Banking Regulation,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1523-42, September.
- Emmanuelle Gabillon & X. Freixas, 1999. "Optimal regulation of a fully insured banking system," Post-Print hal-00167820, HAL.
- Kambhu, John, 1988. "Unilateral disclosure of private information by a regulated firm," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 57-82, July.
- Xavier Freixas & Emmanuelle Gabillon, 1996.
"Optimal regulation of a fully insured deposit banking system,"
Economics Working Papers
175, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Freixas, Xavier & Gabillon, Emmanuelle, 1999. "Optimal Regulation of a Fully Insured Deposit Banking System," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 111-34, September.
- Freixas, X. & Gabillon, E., 1998. "Optimal Regulation of a Fully Insured Deposit Banking System," Papers 98.506, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Paul H. Kupiec & James M. O'Brien, 1995.
"A pre-commitment approach to capital requirements for market risk,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
95-36, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Paul H. Kupiec & James M. O'Brien, 1995. "A pre-commitment approach to capital requirements for market risk," Proceedings 475, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Paul H. Kupiec & James M. O'Brien, 1998.
"Deposit insurance, bank incentives, and the design of regulatory policy,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Oct, pages 201-211.
- Paul H. Kupiec & James M. O'Brien, 1997. "Deposit insurance, bank incentives, and the design of regulatory policy," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-10, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rochet, Jean-Charles, 1992. "Capital requirements and the behaviour of commercial banks," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1137-1170, June.
- Xavier Freixas & Jean-Charles Rochet, 1997. "Microeconomics of Banking," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061937.
- Townsend, Robert M., 1979.
"Optimal contracts and competitive markets with costly state verification,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 265-293, October.
- Robert M. Townsend, 1979. "Optimal contracts and competitive markets with costly state verification," Staff Report 45, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Linda Allen & Julapa Jagtiani & James Moser, 2001. "Further Evidence on the Information Content of Bank Examination Ratings: A Study of BHC-to-FHC Conversion Applications," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 20(2), pages 213-232, October.
- Boot, Arnoud W A & Thakor, Anjan V, 1993. "Self-Interested Bank Regulation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 206-12, May.
- Jerry R. Green, 1982. "Statistical Decision Theory Requiring Incentives for Information Transfer," NBER Chapters, in: The Economics of Information and Uncertainty, pages 77-106 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfsres:v:26:y:2004:i:2:p:145-160. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.