Loan loss reserves
Recent years have seen bank loan losses exceeded only by those of the Great Depression. This experience, along with tax and regulatory changes, has triggered changes in the reserve account through which banks provide for such losses.
Volume (Year): (1991)
Issue (Month): Jul ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.richmondfed.org/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.richmondfed.org/publications/ Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bird, G., 1989. "Loan-Loss Provisions And Third-World Debt," Princeton Studies in International Economics 176, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Grammatikos, Theoharry & Saunders, Anthony, 1990.
"Additions to bank loan-loss reserves : Good news or bad news?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 289-304, March.
- Theoharry Grammatikos & Anthony Saunders, 1988. "Additions to bank loan-loss reserves: good news or bad news?," Working Papers 89-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Graham, David R & Humphrey, David Burras, 1978. "Bank Examination Data as Predictors of Bank Net Loan Losses," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 10(4), pages 491-504, November.
- Benston, George J & Marlin, John Tepper, 1974. "Bank Examiners' Evaluation of Credit: An Analysis of the Usefulness of Substandard Loan Data," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 6(1), pages 23-44, February.
- Berger, Allen N. & King, Kathleen Kuester & O'Brien, James M., 1991. "The limitations of market value accounting and a more realistic alternative," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 753-783, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedrer:y:1991:i:jul:p:20-30:n:v.77no.4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (William Perkins)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.