Dynamic provisioning: a countercyclical tool for loan loss reserves
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Laeven, Luc & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2003.
"Loan loss provisioning and economic slowdowns: too much, too late?,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 178-197, April.
- Luc Laeven & Giovanni Majnoni, 2002. "Loan loss provisioning and economic slowdowns: too much too late?," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Laeven, Luc & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2001. "Loan loss provisioning and economic slowdowns : too much, too late?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2749, The World Bank.
- Bouvatier, Vincent & Lepetit, Laetitia, 2008.
"Banks' procyclical behavior: Does provisioning matter?,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 513-526, December.
- Vincent Bouvatier & Laetitia Lepetit, 2008. "Banks' Procyclical Behavior: Does Provisioning Matter?," Post-Print hal-00916599, HAL.
- Vincent Bouvatier & Laetitia Lepetit, 2008. "Banks’ procyclical behavior: Does provisioning matter?," Post-Print hal-01098955, HAL.
- Vincent Bouvatier & Laetitia Lepetit, 2008. "Banks' procyclical behavior: Does provisioning matter?," Post-Print hal-00838544, HAL.
- Raghuram G. Rajan, 1994. "Why Bank Credit Policies Fluctuate: A Theory and Some Evidence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(2), pages 399-441.
- Peek, Joe & Rosengren, Eric, 1995.
"The Capital Crunch: Neither a Borrower nor a Lender Be,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(3), pages 625-638, August.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren, 1991. "The capital crunch: neither a borrower nor a lender be," Working Papers 91-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Joe Peek & Eric Rosengren, 1993. "The Capital Crunch: Neither A Borrower Nor A Lender Be," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 243, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Cara S. Lown, 1991. "The Credit Crunch," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(2), pages 205-248.
- Allen N. Berger, 2003. "The institutional memory hypothesis and the procyclicality on bank lending behavior," Proceedings 845, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- George J. Benston & Larry D. Wall, 2005. "How should banks account for loan losses?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q4, pages 19-38.
- Larry D. Wall & Timothy W. Koch, 2000. "Bank loan-loss accounting: a review of theoretical and empirical evidence," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q2, pages 1-20.
- Berger, Allen N. & Udell, Gregory F., 2004.
"The institutional memory hypothesis and the procyclicality of bank lending behavior,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 458-495, October.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 2003. "The institutional memory hypothesis and the procyclicality of bank lending behavior," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2003-02, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 2003. "The institutional memory hypothesis and the procyclicality of bank lending behaviour," BIS Working Papers 125, Bank for International Settlements.
- Jesus Saurina, 2009. "Dynamic Provisioning," World Bank Other Operational Studies 10241, The World Bank.
- Vincent Bouvatier & Laetitia Lepetit, 2006.
"Banks'procyclicality behavior : does provisioning matter ?,"
Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques
bla06035, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Vincent Bouvatier & Laetitia Lepetit, 2006. "Banks' procyclicality behavior : does provisioning matter ?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00115622, HAL.
- John R. Walter, 1991. "Loan loss reserves," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Jul, pages 20-30.
- Ahmed, Anwer S. & Takeda, Carolyn & Thomas, Shawn, 1999. "Bank loan loss provisions: a reexamination of capital management, earnings management and signaling effects," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-25, November.
- Jesús Saurina, 2011. "Working Macroprudential Tools," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Macroprudential Regulatory Policies The New Road to Financial Stability?, chapter 12, pages 157-180 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Lucas, Robert Jr, 1976. "Econometric policy evaluation: A critique," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 19-46, January.
- Pennacchi, George G., 2005. "Risk-based capital standards, deposit insurance, and procyclicality," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 432-465, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:finsta:v:30:y:2017:i:c:p:177-180 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Bonin & Marko Kosak, 2013. "Loan/Loss Provisioning in Emerging Europe: Precautionary or Pro-Cyclical?," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2013-010, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- repec:idn:journl:v:21:y:2019:i:3e:p:1-28 is not listed on IDEAS
- International Monetary Fund, 2011. "Chile; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 11/262, International Monetary Fund.
- Dahl, Drew, 2013. "Bank audit practices and loan loss provisioning," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3577-3584.
- repec:abd:kauiea:v:28:y:2015:i:1:no:2:p:21-54 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jebusi:v:95:y:2018:i:c:p:119-140 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ali, Ashraf & M. Kabir, Hassan & Syed Abul, Basher, 2015. "Loan Loss Provisioning in OIC Countries: Evidence from Conventional vs. Islamic Banks," MPRA Paper 61687, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:10:p:3620-:d:174708 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vasiliki Makri, 2016. "Towards an Investigation of Credit Risk Determinants in Eurozone Countries," Journal of Accounting and Management Information Systems, Faculty of Accounting and Management Information Systems, The Bucharest University of Economic Studies, vol. 15(1), pages 27-57, March.
- repec:fip:fedcwp:13-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vasiliki MAKRI & Konstantinos PAPADATOS, 2016. "Determinants Of Loan Quality: Lessons From Greek Cooperative Banks," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 17, pages 115-140, June.
- Gabriel Aparici & Fernando Sepúlveda, 2010. "Household Credit Markets During the Financial Crisis of 2008/2009," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 591, Central Bank of Chile.
- repec:kap:jfsres:v:52:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10693-016-0255-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lakshmi Balasubramanyan & James B. Thomson & Saeed Zaman, 2013. "Are banks forward-looking in their loan loss provisioning? Evidence from the Senior Loan Officer Opinion Survey (SLOOS)," Working Papers (Old Series) 1313, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Stefano Puddu, 2013. "Optimal Weights and Stress Banking Indexes," IRENE Working Papers 13-02, IRENE Institute of Economic Research.
- repec:eee:jaecon:v:66:y:2018:i:1:p:244-265 is not listed on IDEAS
- Loveland, Robert, 2016. "How prompt was regulatory corrective action during the financial crisis?," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 16-36.
- Vasiliki Makri, 2015. "What Triggers Loan Losses? An Empirical Investigation of Greek Financial Sector," SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, University of Piraeus, vol. 65(3-4), pages 119-143, july-Dece.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedreq:y:2009:i:fall:p:383-418:n:v.95no.4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Pascasio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbrius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.