Has NAFTA changed North American trade?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Patrick J. Kehoe & Timothy J. Kehoe, 1994. "Capturing NAFTA's impact with applied general equilibrium models," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr, pages 17-34.
- Yeats,Alexander James, 1997. "Does Mercosur's trade performance raise concerns about the effects of regional trade arrangements?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1729, The World Bank.
- Christopher J. Neely, 1996. "The giant sucking sound: did NAFTA devour the Mexican peso?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 33-48.
- Michael A. Kouparitsas, 1997. "A dynamic macroeconomic analysis of NAFTA," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Jan, pages 14-35.
- Bergstrand, Jeffrey H, 1985. "The Gravity Equation in International Trade: Some Microeconomic Foundations and Empirical Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(3), pages 474-481, August.
- David M. Gould, 1996. "Distinguishing NAFTA from the peso crisis," Southwest Economy, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Sep, pages 6-10.
- Bikker, Jacob A, 1987. "An International Trade Flow Model with Substitution: An Extension of the Gravity Model," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 315-337.
- Anderson, James E, 1979. "A Theoretical Foundation for the Gravity Equation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 106-116, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas L. Vollrath & Mark J. Gehlhar & Charles B. Hallahan, 2009. "Bilateral Import Protection, Free Trade Agreements, and Other Factors Influencing Trade Flows in Agriculture and Clothing," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 298-317.
- Biró, Flóra Panna & Márkus, Ádám & Erdey, László, 2016. "A kormányzás hatása a közvetlen külföldi tőkebefektetésekre Latin-Amerikában," MPRA Paper 80025, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pennelope Pacheco-Lopez & Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2004.
"Trade liberalisation in Mexico: rhetoric and reality,"
BNL Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 57(229), pages 141-167.
- Pennelope Pacheco-Lopez & Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2004. "Trade liberalisation in Mexico: rhetoric and reality," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 57(229), pages 141-167.
- Penelope Pacheco-López & A.P. Thirlwall, 2004. "Trade Liberalisation in Mexico: Rhetoric and Reality," Studies in Economics 0403, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- William C. Gruben, 2001. "Was NAFTA behind Mexico's high maquiladora growth?," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q III, pages 11-21.
- Friederike Koehler-Geib & Susana M. Sanchez, 2015. "Costa Rica Five Years after CAFTA-DR," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 22013.
- World Bank, 2014. "Costa Rica : Five Years after CAFTA-DR, Assessing Early Results for the Costa Rican Economy," World Bank Other Operational Studies 20010, The World Bank.
- Mark Funk & Erick Elder & Vincent W. Yao & Ashvin Vibhakar, 2006. "Intra-NAFTA trade and surface traffic: a very disaggregated view," Regional Economic Development, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Oct, pages 87-99.
- Malaga, Jaime E. & Williams, Gary W. & Fuller, Stephen W., 2001.
"US-Mexico fresh vegetable trade: the effects of trade liberalization and economic growth,"
Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 45-55, October.
- Malaga, Jaime E. & Williams, Gary W. & Fuller, Stephen W., 2001. "US-Mexico fresh vegetable trade: the effects of trade liberalization and economic growth," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 26(1), October.
- Craig Depken & Jon Ford, 1999. "NAFTA as a Means of Raising Rivals' Costs," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 15(2), pages 103-113, September.
- Bedassa Tadesse & Bichaka Fayissa, 2008. "The impact of African growth and opportunity act (Agoa) on U.S. imports from Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA)," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(7), pages 920-941.
- Lee, Young-Jae & Kennedy, P. Lynn, 2013. "The Impact Of Nafta On U.S. Agriculture: An Ex-Post, Binary Variable Approach," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 142132, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Aggarwal, Raj & Kyaw, NyoNyo A., 2005. "Equity market integration in the NAFTA region: Evidence from unit root and cointegration tests," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 393-406.
- Mary E. Burfisher & Sherman Robinson & Karen Thierfelder, 2001. "The Impact of NAFTA on the United States," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(1), pages 125-144, Winter.
- Fukao, Kyoji & Okubo, Toshihiro & Stern, Robert M., 2003.
"An econometric analysis of trade diversion under NAFTA,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-24, March.
- Fukao, Kyoji & Okubo, Toshihiro & Stern, Robert M., 2002. "An Econometric Analysis of Trade Diversion under NAFTA," Discussion Paper Series a431, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Kyoji Fukao & Toshihiro Okubo & Robert M. Stern, 2002. "An Econometric Analysis of Trade Diversion under NAFTA," Discussion papers 02011, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Kyoji Fukao & Toshihiro Okubo & Robert M Stern, 2002. "An Econometric Analysis of Trade Diversion under NAFTA," Working Papers 491, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- John Romalis, 2007.
"NAFTA's and CUSFTA's Impact on International Trade,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 89(3), pages 416-435, August.
- John Romalis, 2005. "NAFTA's and CUSFTA's Impact on International Trade," NBER Working Papers 11059, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Howard J. Wall, 2003. "NAFTA and the geography of North American trade," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 13-26.
- Azim M Sadikov, 2008. "External Tariff Liberalization in CARICOM; A Commodity-Level Analysis," IMF Working Papers 08/33, International Monetary Fund.
- Ayhan Kose & Christopher M Towe & Guy M Meredith, 2004. "How Has Nafta Affected the Mexican Economy? Review and Evidence," IMF Working Papers 04/59, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:69:y:2017:i:c:p:123-134 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ramirez, Miguel D., 2003. "Mexico under NAFTA: a critical assessment," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 863-892.
- Agama, Laurie-Ann & McDaniel, Christine A., 2002. "The NAFTA Preference and U.S.-Mexico Trade," Working Papers 15873, United States International Trade Commission, Office of Economics.
- Bichaka Fayissa & Badassa Tadasse & Andrew McColley, 2008. "Does a Unilateral Policy Change Promote Trade? The Case of African Growth and Opportunity Act," Working Papers 200801, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Darrat, Ali F. & Zhong, Maosen, 2005. "Equity market linkage and multinational trade accords: The case of NAFTA," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 793-817, September.
More about this item
KeywordsNorth American Free Trade Agreement ; Free trade;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedder:y:1998:i:q1:p:12-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbdaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.