The Impact Of Nafta On U.S. Agriculture: An Ex-Post, Binary Variable Approach
Following the completion of the implementation period for NAFTA, this market integration has influenced economic behavior in these markets. Given this assumption, this study identifies, ex-post, the effects of structural adjustment and tariff elimination on U.S. agriculture.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Wainio & Linda M. Young & Karl Meilke, 2003.
"Trade Remedy Actions in NAFTA: Agriculture and Agri-Food Industries,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(7), pages 1041-1065, 07.
- Young, Linda M. & Wainio, John & Meilke, Karl D., 2004. "Trade Remedy Actions In Nafta Agriculture And Agri-Food Industries," Keeping the Borders Open; Proceedings of the 8th Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshop - 2002 16935, Farm Foundation, Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshops.
- Melton, B. E. & Huffman, Wallace E., 1994.
"Implications of the North American Free Trade Agreement for Long-Term Adjustment in U.S. Mexican Beef Production and Trade,"
Staff General Research Papers
11012, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Bryan Melton & Wallace Huffman, 1993. "Implications of the North American Free Trade Agreement for Long-term Adjustment in U.S.-Mexican Beef Production and Trade," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 93-wp118, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Bryan Melton & Wallace Huffman, 1993. "Implications of the North American Free Trade Agreement for Long-term Adjustment in U.S.-Mexican Beef Production and Trade," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 93-wp118, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- David M. Gould, 1998. "Has NAFTA changed North American trade?," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q 1, pages 12-23.
- Mary E. Burfisher & Sherman Robinson & Karen Thierfelder, 2001. "The Impact of NAFTA on the United States," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(1), pages 125-144, Winter.
- Grennes, Thomas J. & Estrada, Julio Hernandez & Krissoff, Barry & Matus Gardea, Jaime Arturo & Sharples, Jerry A. & Valdes, Constanza, 1991. "An Analysis Of A United States-Canada-Mexico Free Trade Agreement," Commissioned Papers 14616, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Halvorsen, Robert & Palmquist, Raymond, 1980. "The Interpretation of Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 474-75, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea13:142132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.