Italian state-owned enterprises after decades of reforms: Still public?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Stefano CLÒ & Marco DI GIULIO & Maria Tullia GALANTI & Maddalena SORRENTINO, 2015. "Italian State-Owned Enterprises After Decades of Reforms: Still Public?," CIRIEC Working Papers 1519, CIRIEC - Université de Liège.
References listed on IDEAS
- Laura DELPONTE & Maddalena SORRENTINO & Matteo TURRI & Daniela VANDONE, 2013. "The transformation of Milan's city energy enterprise in a leading national industrial group," CIRIEC Working Papers 1303, CIRIEC - Université de Liège.
- Przemyslaw Kowalski & Max Büge & Monika Sztajerowska & Matias Egeland, 2013. "State-Owned Enterprises: Trade Effects and Policy Implications," OECD Trade Policy Papers 147, OECD Publishing.
- Leuthesser, Lance & Kohli, Chiranjeev, 1997. "Corporate identity: The role of mission statements," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 59-66.
- Munari, Federico & Roberts, Edward B. & Sobrero, Maurizio, 2002. "Privatization processes and the redefinition of corporate R&D boundaries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 31-53, January.
- Giuseppe BOGNETTI & Gabriel OBERMANN, 2012. "Local Public Services In European Countries: Main Results Of A Research Project By Ciriec International," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 83(4), pages 485-503, December.
- Massimo Florio, 2014. "Contemporary public enterprises: innovation, accountability, governance," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 201-208, September.
- Arrigo, Ugo & Di Foggia, Giacomo, 2014. "Alle origini del debito: il contributo della spesa per le Poste alla formazione del debito pubblico dell’Italia [On the debt origin: the impact of the government expenditure on postal services to t," MPRA Paper 67813, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yair Aharoni, 1981. "Note---Performance Evaluation of State-Owned Enterprises: A Process Perspective," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(11), pages 1340-1347, November.
- Sterlacchini, Alessandro, 2012.
"Energy R&D in private and state-owned utilities: An analysis of the major world electric companies,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 494-506.
- Sterlacchini, Alessandro, 2010. "Energy R&D in private and state-owned utilities: an analysis of the major world electric companies," MPRA Paper 20972, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dominique Lorrain, 2005. "Urban Capitalisms: European Models in Competition," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 231-267, June.
- Ciprian Stan & Mike Peng & Garry Bruton, 2014. "Slack and the performance of state-owned enterprises," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 473-495, June.
- Bartkus, Barbara & Glassman, Myron & Bruce McAfee, R., 2000. "Mission statements: Are they smoke and mirrors?," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 43(6), pages 23-28.
- Asquer, Alberto, 2011. "Liberalization and regulatory reform of network industries: A comparative analysis of Italian public utilities," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 172-184.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Voszka, Éva, 2020. "Állami vagy magántulajdon? Adalékok egy dichotómia értelmezéséhez [Public or private ownership? Some remarks on the interpretation of a dichotomy]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(12), pages 1193-1216.
- Luc Bernier & Massimo Florio & Johan Willner, 2016. "Rationales, performance and governance of public entreprises. Editorial introduction," ECONOMIA PUBBLICA, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2016(3), pages 5-10.
- Mario BENASSI & Matteo LANDONI, 2017. "State Owned Enterprises as Knowledge Explorer Agents," Departmental Working Papers 2017-13, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Stefano Clò & Matteo Ferraris & Massimo Florio, 2015. "Public Enterprises in a Global Perspective in the Last Decade," L'industria, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 111-138.
- Stefano CLÒ & Marco DI GIULIO & Maria Tullia GALANTI & Maddalena SORRENTINO, 2015. "Italian State-Owned Enterprises after Decades of Reforms: Still Public?," Departmental Working Papers 2015-26, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Landoni, Matteo, 2020. "Knowledge creation in state-owned enterprises," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 77-85.
- Carole RENTSCH & Matthias FINGER, 2014. "Yes, no, maybe: the ambiguous relationships between State-owned enterprises and States," Departmental Working Papers 2014-05, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Caroline Stiel, 2017. "Modern Public Enterprises: Organisational Innovation and Productivity," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1713, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Barbara Bartkus & Myron Glassman, 2008. "Do Firms Practice What They Preach? The Relationship Between Mission Statements and Stakeholder Management," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 83(2), pages 207-216, December.
- Lara Penco & Giorgia Profumo & Roberta Scarsi, 2017. "Stakeholder Orientation in Cruise Lines’ Mission Statements," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-24, November.
- Enrique Loredo & Nuria Lopez-Mielgo & Gustavo Pineiro-Villaverde & María Teresa García-Álvarez, 2019. "Utilities: Innovation and Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(4), pages 1-13, February.
- Sköld, David & Fornstedt, Helena & Lindahl, Marcus, 2018. "Dilution of innovation utility, reinforcing the reluctance towards the new: An upstream supplier perspective on a fragmented electricity industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 220-231.
- Giacomo Di Foggia & Ugo Arrigo, 2015. "The scope of public organisations with productive functions: insights from the inefficiency of Italian local public transport," European Journal of Government and Economics, Europa Grande, vol. 4(2), pages 134-154, December.
- Schmitt, Stephan & Kucsera, Denes, 2013. "The Impact of the Regulatory Reform Process on R&D Investment of European Electricity Utilities," VfS Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 80035, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Vladimir A. Ermolaev & Dmitry A. Ruban & Natalia N. Yashalova & Natalia A. Latushko & A.J. (Tom) van Loon, 2020. "Missions of Russian Cheese Producers: Principal Components and Relevance for Rural Communities," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-11, March.
- Di Giulio, Marco & Galanti, Maria Tullia & Moro, Francesco Niccolò, 2016. "Political coalitions, local leaders and the internationalization of local public services in Italy," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 144-151.
- Carole RENTSCH & Matthias FINGER, 2015. "Yes, No, Maybe: The Ambiguous Relationships Between State-Owned Enterprises And The State," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(4), pages 617-640, December.
- Cupać, Jelena, 2020. "Orders, purposes, and tasks: How do states act in international security organizations?," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Global Governance SP IV 2020-104, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Luc BERNIER & Eoin REEVES, 2018. "The Continuing Importance Of State‐Owned Enterprise In The Twenty‐First Century: Challenges For Public Policy," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(3), pages 453-458, September.
- Imeda Tsindeliani & Sebastian Kot & Evgeniya Vasilyeva & Levon Narinyan, 2019. "Tax System of the Russian Federation: Current State and Steps towards Financial Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(24), pages 1-18, December.
- Inglesi-Lotz, Roula, 2017.
"Social rate of return to R&D on various energy technologies: Where should we invest more? A study of G7 countries,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 521-525.
- Roula Inglesi-Lotz, 2015. "Social Rate of Return to R&D on Various Energy Technologies: Where Should We Invest More? A Study of G7 Countries," Working Papers 201549, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Roula Inglesi-Lotz, 2016. "Social Rate of Return to R&D on Various Energy Technologies: Where should We Invest More? A Study of G7 Countries," Working Papers 618, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Roula Inglesi-Lotz, 2016. "Social Rate of Return to R&D on Various Energy Technologies: Where Should We Invest More? A Study of G7 Countries," Working Papers 201651, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Marco FRIGERIO & Daniela VANDONE, 2018. "Virtuous or Vicious? Development Banks in Europe," Departmental Working Papers 2018-07, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- P.W.J. de Bijl & Helanya Fourie, 2019. "The energy transition : Does ownership matter for realizing public interest objectives?," Working Papers 19-24, Utrecht School of Economics.
More about this item
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
- L8 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fan:epepep:v:html10.3280/ep2016-003002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.francoangeli.it/riviste/sommario.aspx?IDRivista=16 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Redazione Riviste (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.francoangeli.it/riviste/sommario.aspx?IDRivista=16 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.