Bankruptcy and reorganization procedures for cross-border banks in the EU: Towards an integrated approach to the reform of the EU safety net
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert A. Eisenbeis & Larry D. Wall, 2002. "The major supervisory initiatives post-FDICIA: Are they based on the goals of PCA? Should they be?," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2002-31, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Larry Wall & Maria Nieto, 2006.
"Precondition for a Successful Implementation of Supervisors' Primpt Corrective Action: Is There a Case for a Banking Standard in the EU?,"
FMG Special Papers
sp165, Financial Markets Group.
- María J. Nieto & Larry D. Wall, 2007. "Preconditions for a successful implementation of supervisors' Prompt Corrective Action: Is there a case for a banking standard in the EU?," Working Papers 0702, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Barth,James R. & Caprio,Gerard & Levine,Ross, 2008. "Rethinking Bank Regulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521709309.
- Rosa Maria Lastra, 2003. "Cross-Border Bank Insolvency: Legal Implications in the Case of Banks Operating in Different Jurisdictions in Latin America," Journal of International Economic Law, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 79-110, March.
- Mayes, David G. & Nieto, María J. & Wall, Larry, 2008.
"Multiple safety net regulators and agency problems in the EU: Is Prompt Corrective Action partly the solution?,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 232-257, September.
- David G. Mayes & María J. Nieto & Larry Wall, 2008. "Multiple safety net regulators and agency problems in the EU: Is Prompt Corrective Action partly the solution?," Working Papers 0819, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- María Nieto & Garry J. Schinasi, 2007.
"EU Framework for Safeguarding Financial Stability; Towards an Analytical Benchmark for Assessing its Effectiveness,"
IMF Working Papers
07/260, International Monetary Fund.
- María J. Nieto & Garry J. Schinasi, 2008. "EU framework for safeguarding financial stability: Towards an analytical benchmark for assessing its effectiveness," Occasional Papers 0801, Banco de España;Occasional Papers Homepage.
- George G. Kaufman, 2004. "Depositor Liquidity and Loss Sharing in Bank Failure Resolutions," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(2), pages 237-249, April.
- Gillian G. H. Garcia & Maria J. Nieto, 2007. "Preserving Financial Stability: A Dilemma For The European Union," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(3), pages 444-458, July.
- Eva H. G. Hüpkes, 2005. ""Too Big to Save" — Toward a Functional Approach to Resolving Crises in Global Financial Institutions," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Systemic Financial Crises Resolving Large Bank Insolvencies, chapter 14, pages 193-215 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Lastra, Rosa Maria, 2006. "Legal Foundations of International Monetary Stability," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199269341.
- International Monetary Fund, 2008. "Cross-Border Coordination of Prudential Supervision and Deposit Guarantees," IMF Working Papers 08/283, International Monetary Fund.
- George G. Kaufman, 2004. "FDIC losses in bank failures: has FDICIA made a difference?," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q III, pages 13-25.
- El-Agraa,Ali (ed.), 2007. "The European Union," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521874434.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wall, Larry D., 2009.
"Prudential Discipline for Financial Firms: Micro, Macro, and Market Structures,"
ADBI Working Papers
176, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Larry D. Wall, 2010. "Prudential discipline for financial firms: micro, macro, and market structures," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2010-09, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Larry D. Wall, 2010. "Prudential Discipline for Financial Firms: Micro, Macro, and Market Structures," Working Papers id:3040, eSocialSciences.
- Maria J. Nieto & Gillian G. Garcia, 2012. "The Insufficiency of Traditional Safety Nets: What Bank Resolution Fund for Europe?," FMG Special Papers sp209, Financial Markets Group.
- Hagendorff, Jens & Hernando, Ignacio & Nieto, Maria J. & Wall, Larry D., 2012.
"What do premiums paid for bank M&As reflect? The case of the European Union,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 749-759.
- Jens Hagendorff & Ignacio Hernando & Maria J. Nieto & Larry D. Wall, 2010. "What do premiums paid for bank M&As reflect? the case of the European Union," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2010-05, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Jens Hagendorff & Ignacio Hernando & María J. Nieto & Larry D. Wall, 2010. "What do premiums paid for bank M&As reflect? The case of the European Union," Working Papers 1011, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- repec:pal:jbkreg:v:19:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1057_s41261-017-0056-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Maria J. Nieto & Gillian G. Garcia, 2012. "The insufficiency of traditional safety nets: what bank resolution fund for Europe?," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(2), pages 116-146, May.
- Matej Marinc & Razvan Vlahu, 2011. "The Economic Perspective of Bank Bankruptcy Law," DNB Working Papers 310, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Nieto, Maria J. & Wall, Larry D., 2015. "Cross-border banking on the two sides of the Atlantic: does it have an impact on bank crisis management?," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2015-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
More about this item
KeywordsEuropean Union; Banks; Financial institutions; International economics; Bankruptcy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:jfrcpp:v:17:y:2009:i:3:p:240-276. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.