Investment and control in international joint ventures: the case of China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- J Michael Geringer & Louis Hebert, 1989. "Control and Performance of International Joint Ventures," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 20(2), pages 235-254, June.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1997.
" A Survey of Corporate Governance,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 737-783, June.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1995. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1741, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," NBER Working Papers 5554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30728046 is not listed on IDEAS
- J Michael Geringer, 1991. "Strategic Determinants of Partner Selection Criteria in International Joint Ventures," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 22(1), pages 41-62, March.
- Donald J Lecraw, 1984. "Bargaining Power, Ownership, and Profitability of Transnational Corporations in Developing Countries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 15(1), pages 27-43, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Contractor, Farok J. & Woodley, James A., 2015. "How the alliance pie is split: Value appropriation by each partner in cross-border technology transfer alliances," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 535-547.
- To, Chester K.M., 2016. "Collaboration modes, preconditions, and contingencies in organizational alliance: A comparative assessment," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 4737-4743.
- Jane Lu & Xufei Ma, 2015. "Partner resource asymmetry and IJV survival," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 1039-1064, December.
- Bhattacharyya, Asish K, 2005. "State, liberalization, and investment question: issues in corporate governance," MPRA Paper 47233, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Jing Yang & Frank Tipton & Jiatao Li, 2011. "A review of foreign business management in China," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 627-659, September.
- Karhunen, Päivi & Löfgren, Joan & Kosonen, Riitta, 2008. "Revisiting the relationship between ownership and control in international business operations: Lessons from transition economies," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 78-88, March.
- Dominique Jolly, 2005. "The Exogamic Nature of Sino-Foreign Joint Ventures," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 285-306, September.
- Li, Chengguang & Parboteeah, K. Praveen, 2015. "The effect of culture on the responsiveness of firms to mimetic forces: Imitative foreign joint venture entries into China, 1985–2003," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 465-476.
- repec:spr:manint:v:48:y:2008:i:2:d:10.1007_s11575-008-0012-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bruton, Garry D. & Ahlstrom, David, 2003. "An institutional view of China's venture capital industry: Explaining the differences between China and the West," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 233-259, March.
- repec:eee:worbus:v:52:y:2017:i:6:p:819-830 is not listed on IDEAS
- Beamish, Paul W. & Lupton, Nathaniel C., 2016. "Cooperative strategies in international business and management: Reflections on the past 50 years and future directions," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 163-175.
- Yan, Yanni & Child, John, 2004. "Investors' resource commitments and information reporting systems: control in international joint ventures," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 361-371, April.
- Jaussaud, Jacques & Schaaper, Johannes, 2006. "Control mechanisms of their subsidiaries by multinational firms: A multidimensional perspective," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 23-45, March.
- Zhang, Si & Li, Na & Li, Jizhen, 2017. "Redefining relational rent," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 315-326.
- repec:spr:manint:v:54:y:2014:i:5:d:10.1007_s11575-014-0217-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sonya Wen & Cheng-Min Chuang, 2010. "To teach or to compete? A strategic dilemma of knowledge owners in international alliances," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 697-726, December.
- Chalos, Peter & O'Connor, Neale G., 2004. "Determinants of the use of various control mechanisms in US-Chinese joint ventures," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 591-608, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:34:y:1999:i:1:p:3-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.