The effect of strategic alliance on performance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, September.
- Birger Wernerfelt & Cynthia A. Montgomery, 1986. "What is an Attractive Industry?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(10), pages 1223-1230, October.
- J Michael Geringer & Louis Hebert, 1989. "Control and Performance of International Joint Ventures," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 20(2), pages 235-254, June.
- Arvind Parkhe, 1991. "Interfirm Diversity, Organizational Learning, and Longevity in Global Strategic Alliances," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 22(4), pages 579-601, December.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1982. "Barriers to Entry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 47-57, March.
- Glen L. Urban & Philip L. Johnson & John R. Hauser, 1984. "Testing Competitive Market Structures," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(2), pages 83-112.
- Mody, Ashoka, 1993. "Learning through alliances," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 151-170, February.
- Jean-François Hennart, 1991. "The Transaction Costs Theory of Joint Ventures: An Empirical Study of Japanese Subsidiaries in the United States," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(4), pages 483-497, April.
- Fraser, Cynthia & Bradford, John W, 1983. "Competitive Market Structure Analysis: Principal Partitioning of Revealed Substitutabilities," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(1), pages 15-30, June.
- Kogut, Bruce, 1989. "The Stability of Joint Ventures: Reciprocity and Competitive Rivalry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 183-198, December.
- J Michael Geringer, 1991. "Strategic Determinants of Partner Selection Criteria in International Joint Ventures," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 22(1), pages 41-62, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Saci, Fateh & Jasimuddin, Sajjad M., 2018. "Does strategic partnership matter to create value of a firm? An empirical study based on SBF 250 French firms," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 65-76.
- Suen, Wilma W, 2002. "Alliance strategy and the fall of Swissair," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(5), pages 355-363.
- Agusdinata, Buyung & de Klein, Wouter, 2002. "The dynamics of airline alliances," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 201-211.
- Fateh Saci & Boualem Aliouat, 2014. "La création de valeur boursière des partenariats stratégiques et des fusions-acquisitions " Cas des sociétés du SBF 250 "," Working Papers halshs-01068790, HAL.
- Fateh Saci & Boualem Aliouat, 2014. "Do strategic partnerships create value? "The empirical case of SBF 250 firms"," Post-Print halshs-01068783, HAL.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Zhang, Anming, 2005. "Competition Models of Strategic Alliances," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 75-100, January.
- Cuypers, I.R.P., 2009. "Essays on equity joint ventures, uncertainty and experience," Other publications TiSEM 8dc79e86-c625-467f-a450-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/2221 is not listed on IDEAS
- Demirbag, Mehmet & Mirza, Hafiz, 2000. "Factors affecting international joint venture success: an empirical analysis of foreign-local partner relationships and performance in joint ventures in Turkey," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-35, February.
- Michael Nippa & Jeffrey J Reuer, 2019. "On the future of international joint venture research," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 50(4), pages 555-597, June.
- Iavor Marangozov, 2005. "From Practice to Theory of the International Joint Ventures," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 2, pages 44-77.
- Sim, A.B & Ali, Yunus, 1998. "Performance of international joint ventures from developing and developed countries: An empirical study in a developing country context," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 357-377, January.
- Jane Lu & Xufei Ma, 2015. "Partner resource asymmetry and IJV survival," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 1039-1064, December.
- Sakakibara, Mariko & Serwin, Kenneth, 2000. "U.S. Distribution Entry Strategy of Japanese Manufacturing Firms: The Role of Keiretsu," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 43-72, March.
- Globerman, Steven & Nielsen, Bo Bernhard, 2007. "Equity versus non-equity international strategic alliances involving Danish firms: An empirical investigation of the relative importance of partner and host country determinants," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 449-471, December.
- Hanvanich, Sangphet & Çavusgil, S. Tamer, 2001. "Stock market reactions to international joint venture announcement: an event analysis," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 139-154, April.
- Alexander Nemeth & Michael Nippa, 2013. "Rigor and Relevance of IJV Exit Research," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 53(3), pages 449-475, June.
- Marco Furlotti & Giuseppe Soda, 2018. "Fit for the Task: Complementarity, Asymmetry, and Partner Selection in Alliances," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(5), pages 837-854, October.
- Glaister, Keith W. & Husan, Rumy & Buckley, Peter J., 2003. "Learning to manage international joint ventures," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 83-108, February.
- Banerji, Kunal & Sambharya, Rakesh B., 1998. "Effect of network organization on alliance formation: A study of the Japanese automobile ancillary industry," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 41-57, July.
- Piaskowska, D., 2005. "Essays on firm growth and value creation," Other publications TiSEM 89053610-79c6-4c52-9d1c-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Demirbag, Mehmet & Apaydin, Marina & Tatoglu, Ekrem, 2011. "Survival of Japanese subsidiaries in the Middle East and North Africa," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 411-425, October.
- Harvey, Michael G. & Lusch, Robert F., 1995. "A systematic assessment of potential international strategic alliance partners," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 195-212, June.
- Hyo Eun Cho & Jon Jungbien Moon & Insik Jeong, 0. "Equal ownership split in international joint ventures: performance implications in an emerging market," Asian Business & Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 0, pages 1-26.
- Madhok, Anoop, 1998. "The nature of multinational firm boundaries: Transaction costs, firm capabilities and foreign market entry mode," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 259-290, June.
- Merchant, Hemant, 2012. "The characteristics and stock-market performance of international joint ventures located in three host-country groups: An extension and empirical validation," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1173-1189.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaitra:v:3:y:1997:i:3:p:155-164. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-air-transport-management/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.