Linking Globalization to Local Land Uses: How Eco-Consumers and Gourmands are Changing the Colombian Coffee Landscapes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Valkila, Joni, 2009. "Fair Trade organic coffee production in Nicaragua -- Sustainable development or a poverty trap?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 3018-3025, October.
- Christopher Gilbert & Wyn Morgan, 2010. "Has food price volatility risen?," Department of Economics Working Papers 1002, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Giovannucci, Daniele & Ponte, Stefano, 2005. "Standards as a new form of social contract? Sustainability initiatives in the coffee industry," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 284-301, June.
- Gerbens-Leenes, P. W. & Nonhebel, S., 2002. "Consumption patterns and their effects on land required for food," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 185-199, August.
- Benoit Daviron & Isabelle Vagneron, 2011. "From Commoditisation to De‐commoditisation … and Back Again: Discussing the Role of Sustainability Standards for Agricultural Products," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 29(1), pages 91-113, January.
- Giovannucci, Daniele & Pierrot, Joost & Kasterine, Alexander, 2010. "Trends in the Trade of Certified Coffees," MPRA Paper 27551, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gilbert, Christopher L., 1996. "International Commodity Agreements: An obituary notice," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Rask, Kolleen J. & Rask, Norman, 2011. "Economic development and food production-consumption balance: A growing global challenge," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 186-196, April.
- Maureen Cropper & Charles Griffiths & Muthukumara Mani, 1999. "Roads, Population Pressures, and Deforestation in Thailand, 1976-1989," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(1), pages 58-73.
- Ponte, Stefano, 2002. "The 'Latte Revolution'? Regulation, Markets and Consumption in the Global Coffee Chain," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1099-1122, July.
- Juan Carlos Muñoz-Mora, 2010.
"Los Caminos del Café: Aproximación a la Relación entre el Conflicto Armado Rural y la Producción Cafetera Colombiana,"
Revista ESPE - Ensayos Sobre Política Económica,
Banco de la República - ESPE, vol. 28(63), pages 14-65, December.
- Juan Carlos Muñoz, 2010. "Los caminos del café: Aproximación a la relación entre el conflicto armado rural y la producción cafetera colombiana," Revista ESPE - Ensayos sobre Política Económica, Banco de la Republica de Colombia, vol. 28(63), pages 14-65, December.
- Muradian, Roldan & Pelupessy, Wim, 2005. "Governing the coffee chain: The role of voluntary regulatory Systems," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 2029-2044, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hernandez-Aguilera, Juan N. & Gómez, Miguel I. & Rodewald, Amanda D. & Rueda, Ximena & Anunu, Colleen & Bennett, Ruth & Schindelbeck, Robert R. & van Es, Harold M., 2015. "Impacts of smallholder participation in high-quality coffee markets: The Relationship Coffee Model," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205650, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Luis F. Samper & Daniele Giovannucci & Luciana Marques Vieira, 2017. "The powerful role of intangibles in the coffee value chain," WIPO Economic Research Working Papers 39, World Intellectual Property Organization - Economics and Statistics Division.
- Kelly E. Kapsar & Ciara L. Hovis & Ramon Felipe Bicudo da Silva & Erin K. Buchholtz & Andrew K. Carlson & Yue Dou & Yueyue Du & Paul R. Furumo & Yingjie Li & Aurora Torres & Di Yang & Ho Yi Wan & Juli, 2019. "Telecoupling Research: The First Five Years," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(4), pages 1-13, February.
- Barjolle, Dominique & Quiñones-Ruiz, Xiomara F. & Bagal, Monique & Comoé, Hermann, 2017. "The Role of the State for Geographical Indications of Coffee: Case Studies from Colombia and Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 105-119.
- Macchiavello, Rocco & Miquel-Florensa, Josepa, 2019. "Buyer-Driven Upgrading in GVCs: The Sustainable Quality Program in Colombia," CEPR Discussion Papers 13935, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Vellema, W. & Buritica Casanova, A. & Gonzalez, C. & D’Haese, M., 2015. "The effect of specialty coffee certification on household livelihood strategies and specialisation," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 13-25.
More about this item
Keywordsland change; value chain; globalization; Americas; Colombia;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:41:y:2013:i:c:p:286-301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.