Global Private Regulation and Value-Chain Restructuring in Indonesian Smallholder Coffee Systems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeffrey Neilson & Bill Pritchard, 2007. "Green Coffee? The Contradictions of Global Sustainability Initiatives from an Indian Perspective," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 25(3), pages 311-331, May.
- Giovannucci, Daniele & Ponte, Stefano, 2005. "Standards as a new form of social contract? Sustainability initiatives in the coffee industry," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 284-301, June.
- Graham, David & Woods, Ngaire, 2006. "Making corporate self-regulation effective in developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 868-883, May.
- Tad Mutersbaugh, 2005. "Fighting standards with standards: harmonization, rents, and social accountability in certified agrofood networks," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 37(11), pages 2033-2051, November.
- Roger Montgomery & Sudarno Sumarto & Sulton Mawardi & Syaikhu Usman & Nina Toyamah & Vita Febriany & John Strain, 2002. "Deregulation Of Indonesia'S Interregional Agricultural Trade," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(1), pages 93-117.
- Muradian, Roldan & Pelupessy, Wim, 2005. "Governing the coffee chain: The role of voluntary regulatory Systems," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 2029-2044, December.
- Takamasa Akiyama & Akihiko Nishio, 1997. "Sulawesi's Cocoa Boom: Lessons of Smallholder Dynamism and a Hands-Off Policy," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 97-121.
- David P Angel & Michael T Rock, 2005. "Global standards and the environmental performance of industry," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 37(11), pages 1903-1918, November.
- Ponte, Stefano, 2002. "The 'Latte Revolution'? Regulation, Markets and Consumption in the Global Coffee Chain," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1099-1122, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elisa Giuliani, 2016.
"Human Rights and Corporate Social Responsibility in Developing Countries’ Industrial Clusters,"
Journal of Business Ethics,
Springer, vol. 133(1), pages 39-54, January.
- Elisa Giuliani, 2016. "Human Rights and Corporate Social Responsibility in Developing Countries’ Industrial Clusters," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 133(1), pages 39-54, January.
- Giuliani, Elisa, 2014. "Human Rights and Corporate Social Responsibility in Developing Countries’ Industrial Clusters," Papers in Innovation Studies 2014/9, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Ayu Pratiwi & Aya Suzuki, 2017. "Effects of farmers’ social networks on knowledge acquisition: lessons from agricultural training in rural Indonesia," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 6(1), pages 1-23, December.
- Antje Wahl & Gary Bull, 2014. "Mapping Research Topics and Theories in Private Regulation for Sustainability in Global Value Chains," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 124(4), pages 585-608, November.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:144:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2820-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:96:y:2017:i:c:p:294-314 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vincent Terstappen & Lori Hanson & Darrell McLaughlin, 2013. "Gender, health, labor, and inequities: a review of the fair and alternative trade literature," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 30(1), pages 21-39, March.
- Giacomo Pallante & Adam Drucker, 2014. "Niche Markets for Agrobiodiversity Conservation: Preference and Scale Heterogeneity Effects on Nepalese Consumers’ WTP for Finger Millet Products," SEEDS Working Papers 1414, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised May 2014.
- Kiemen, Anna & Beuchelt, Tina, 2010. "Certification as an upgrading strategy for small-scale farmers and their cooperatives : a value chain analysis for Nicaraguan coffee," Research in Development Economics and Policy (Discussion Paper Series) 122652, Universitaet Hohenheim, Department of Agricultural Economics and Social Sciences in the Tropics and Subtropics.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:103:y:2018:i:c:p:162-175 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sarah Bowen & Tad Mutersbaugh, 2014. "Local or localized? Exploring the contributions of Franco-Mediterranean agrifood theory to alternative food research," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 31(2), pages 201-213, June.
- Bustanul Arifin, 2010.
"Global Sustainability Regulation and Coffee Supply Chains in Lampung Province, Indonesia,"
Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development,
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 7(2), pages 67-89, December.
- Arifin, Bustanul, 2. "Global Sustainability Regulation and Coffee Supply Chains in Lampung Province, Indonesia," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 7(2).
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:98:y:2017:i:c:p:105-119 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vajk Lukacs de Pereny Martens & Ronnie Ramlogan, 2015. "Standardization and Governance Dynamics in the Peruvian Alpaca Fibre Value Chain," Globelics Working Paper Series 2015-10, Globelics - Global Network for Economics of Learning, Innovation, and Competence Building Systems, Aalborg University, Department of Business and Management.
- Barham, Bradford L. & Callenes, Mercedez & Gitter, Seth & Lewis, Jessa & Weber, Jeremy, 2011. "Fair Trade/Organic Coffee, Rural Livelihoods, and the "Agrarian Question": Southern Mexican Coffee Families in Transition," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 134-145, January.
- Fabian Drahmoune, 2013. "Agrarian Transitions, Rural Resistance and Peasant Politics in Southeast Asia," Journal of Current Southeast Asian Affairs, Institute of Asian Studies, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg, vol. 32(1), pages 111-139.
- Pallante, Giacomo & Drucker, Adam G. & Sthapit, Sajal, 2016. "Assessing the potential for niche market development to contribute to farmers' livelihoods and agrobiodiversity conservation: Insights from the finger millet case study in Nepal," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 92-105.
- Franck Galtier & Giovanni Belletti & Andrea Marescotti, 2013. "Factors Constraining Building Effective and Fair Geographical Indications for Coffee: Insights from a Dominican Case Study," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 31(5), pages 597-615, September.
- Miet Maertens & Bart Minten & Jo Swinnen, 2009. "Growth in high-value export markets in Sub-Saharan Africa and its development implications," LICOS Discussion Papers 24509, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:98:y:2017:i:c:p:45-57 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kondo, Takumi & Osanami, Fumio & Barmon, Basanta Kumar & Yamaguchi, Junichi, 2. "Rice-prawn Farming System: Impacts on Soil Quality and Land Productivity of Modern Variety Paddy Production in Bangladesh," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 7(2).
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:98:y:2017:i:c:p:93-104 is not listed on IDEAS
- van Rijsbergen, Bart & Elbers, Willem & Ruben, Ruerd & Njuguna, Samuel N., 2016. "The Ambivalent Impact of Coffee Certification on Farmers’ Welfare: A Matched Panel Approach for Cooperatives in Central Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 277-292.
More about this item
Keywordscoffee global private regulation value chains Asia Indonesia;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:36:y:2008:i:9:p:1607-1622. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.