Determinants of International Emergency Aid--Humanitarian Need Only?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- José G. Montalvo & Marta Reynal-Querol, 2005. "Ethnic Polarization, Potential Conflict, and Civil Wars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(3), pages 796-816, June.
- David Strömberg, 2007. "Natural Disasters, Economic Development, and Humanitarian Aid," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(3), pages 199-222, Summer.
- Round, Jeffery I. & Odedokun, Matthew, 2004. "Aid effort and its determinants," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 293-309.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:97:y:2003:i:01:p:75-90_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- William Easterly & Ross Levine, 1997.
"Africa's Growth Tragedy: Policies and Ethnic Divisions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1203-1250.
- Easterly, W & Levine, R, 1996. "Africa's Growth Tragedy : Policies and Ethnic Divisions," Papers 536, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Alesina, Alberto & Dollar, David, 2000.
"Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 33-63, March.
- Alberto Alesina & David Dollar, 1998. "Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?," NBER Working Papers 6612, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dollar, David & Alesina, Alberto, 2000. "Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?," Scholarly Articles 4553020, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Berthelemy, Jean-Claude & Tichit, Ariane, 2004.
"Bilateral donors' aid allocation decisions--a three-dimensional panel analysis,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 253-274.
- Berthelemy, Jean-Claude & Tichit, Ariane, 2002. "Bilateral Donors' Aid Allocation Decisions: A Three-dimensional Panel Analysis," WIDER Working Paper Series 123, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Jean-Claude Berthélemy, 2006.
"Bilateral Donors' Interest vs. Recipients' Development Motives in Aid Allocation: Do All Donors Behave the Same?,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 179-194, May.
- Jean-Claude Berthélemy, 2005. "Bilateral donors' interest vs. Recipients' development motives in aid allocation : do all donors behave the same ?," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques bla05001, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Jean-Claude Berthelemy, 2005. "Bilateral donors' interest vs. recipients' development motives in aid allocation : do all donors behave the same ?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00193273, HAL.
- Jean-Claude Berthelemy, 2006. "Bilateral Donor's Interest vs. Recipients' Development Motives in Aid Allocation: Do All Donors Behave the Same?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00305510, HAL.
- Andersen, Thomas Barnebeck & Harr, Thomas & Tarp, Finn, 2006. "On US politics and IMF lending," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(7), pages 1843-1862, October.
- Trumbull, William N & Wall, Howard J, 1994. "Estimating Aid-Allocation Criteria with Panel Data," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(425), pages 876-882, July.
- Eric Neumayer, 2003. "Do Human Rights Matter in Bilateral Aid Allocation? A Quantitative Analysis of 21 Donor Countries," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 84(3), pages 650-666.
- Ilyana Kuziemko & Eric Werker, 2006. "How Much Is a Seat on the Security Council Worth? Foreign Aid and Bribery at the United Nations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(5), pages 905-930, October.
- José Garcia Montalvo & Marta Reynal-Querol, 2004. "Ethnic polarization, potential conflict and civil wars," Economics Working Papers 770, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Mar 2005.
- Douglas M. Stinnett & Jaroslav Tir & Paul F. Diehl & Philip Schafer & Charles Gochman, 2002. "The Correlates of War (Cow) Project Direct Contiguity Data, Version 3.0," Conflict Management and Peace Science, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 19(2), pages 59-67, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Annen, Kurt & Strickland, Scott, 2017.
"Global samaritans? Donor election cycles and the allocation of humanitarian aid,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 38-47.
- Kurt Annen & Scott Strickland, 2016. "Global Samaritans? Donor Election Cycles and the Allocation of Humanitarian Aid," Working Papers 1607, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Christian Bommer & Axel Dreher & Marcello Perez-Alvarez, 2018. "Regional and Ethnic Favoritism in the Allocation of Humanitarian Aid," CESifo Working Paper Series 7038, CESifo Group Munich.
- Raschky, Paul A. & Schwindt, Manijeh, 2012.
"On the channel and type of aid: The case of international disaster assistance,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 119-131.
- Paul A. Raschky & Manijeh Schwindt, 2010. "On the Channel and Type of Aid: The Case of International Disaster Assistance," Monash Economics Working Papers 06-10, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Katharina Stepping, 2012. "The determinants of selection and allocation decisions for health assistance. Which role do health indicators play?," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201231, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Paul A. Raschky & Manijeh Schwindt, 2016. "Aid, Catastrophes and the Samaritan's Dilemma," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 83(332), pages 624-645, October.
- Hermano, Víctor & Martín-Cruz, Natalia, 2013. "How to Deliver Foreign Aid? The Case of Projects Governed by the Spanish International Agency," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 298-314.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:106:y:2018:i:c:p:136-148 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sèna Kimm Gnangnon, 2016. "Market Access of OECD Donor Countries and Their Supply of Aid for Trade," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 7(01), pages 1-38, February.
More about this item
Keywordsforeign aid natural disasters emergency aid global selected countries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:39:y:2011:i:5:p:741-757. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.