Did the World Bank Drive Tariff Reforms in Eastern Africa?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Amelia Santos-Paulino & A. P. Thirlwall, 2004. "The impact of trade liberalisation on exports, imports and the balance of payments of developing countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(493), pages 50-72, February.
- Grossman, Gene M & Helpman, Elhanan, 1994.
"Protection for Sale,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 833-850, September.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 162, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 21-92, Tel Aviv.
- Grossman, Gene & Helpman, Elhanan, 1993. "Protection for Sale," CEPR Discussion Papers 827, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1992. "Protection For Sale," NBER Working Papers 4149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arne Bigsten & Mulu Gebreeyesus, 2009.
"Firm Productivity and Exports: Evidence from Ethiopian Manufacturing,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(10), pages 1594-1614.
- Bigsten, Arne & Gebreeyesus, Mulu, 2008. "Firm Productivity and Exports: Evidence from Ethiopian manufacturing," Working Papers in Economics 303, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Santos-Paulino, Amelia U., 2002.
"The Effects of Trade Liberalization on Imports in Selected Developing Countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 959-974, June.
- Amelia U. Santos-Paulino, 2001. "The Effects of Trade Liberalisation on Imports in Selected Developing Countries," Studies in Economics 0110, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Oliver Morrissey, 2004. "Conditionality and Aid Effectiveness Re-evaluated," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(2), pages 153-171, February.
- Olivier Cadot & Jaime de Melo & Marcelo Olarreaga, 2015.
"Lobbying, Counterlobbying, and the Structure of Tariff Protection in Poor and Rich Countries,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Modeling Developing Countries' Policies in General Equilibrium, chapter 13, pages 295-316
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Olivier Cadot & Jaime de Melo & Marcelo Olarreaga, 2004. "Lobbying, Counterlobbying, and the Structure of Tariff Protection in Poor and Rich Countries," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 18(3), pages 345-366.
- Hiau Looi Kee & Alessandro Nicita & Marcelo Olarreaga, 2008.
"Import Demand Elasticities and Trade Distortions,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(4), pages 666-682, November.
- Hiau Looi Kee & Nicita, Alessandro & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 2004. "Import demand elasticities and trade distortions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3452, The World Bank.
- Kee, Hiau Looi & Nicita, Alessandro & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 2004. "Import Demand Elasticities and Trade Distortions," CEPR Discussion Papers 4669, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- C. Milner & O. Morrissey & N. Rudaheranwa, 2000. "Policy and Non-Policy Barriers to Trade and Implicit Taxation of Exports in Uganda," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 67-90.
- Jiandong Ju & Yi Wu & Li Zeng, 2010. "The Impact of Trade Liberalization on the Trade Balance in Developing Countries," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 57(2), pages 427-449, June.
- Greenaway, David & Morrissey, Oliver, 1993. "Structural Adjustment and Liberalisation in Developing Countries: What Lessons Have We Learned?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 241-261.
- Foroutan, Faezeh, 1993. "Trade reform in ten sub-Saharan African countries : achievements and failures," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1222, The World Bank.
- Oliver Morrissey, 2005. "Imports and Implementation: Neglected Aspects of Trade in the Report of the Commission for Africa," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(6), pages 1133-1153.
- Richard M. Auty & Oliver Morrissey, 1995. "Politics and economic policy reform: Trade liberalization in sub‐Saharan Africa," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(4), pages 599-618, July.
- Nash, John & DEC, 1993. "Implementation of trade reform in sub-Saharan Africa : how much heat and how much light?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1218, The World Bank.
- Oliver Morrissey & Chris Jones, 2008. "Missed Opportunities: The WTO Trade Policy Review for the East African Community," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(11), pages 1409-1432, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Latorre, María C., 2016. "A CGE Analysis of the Impact of Foreign Direct Investment and Tariff Reform on Female and Male Workers in Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 346-366.
- Paul Clist & Alessia Isopi & Oliver Morrissey, 2012.
"Selectivity on aid modality: Determinants of budget support from multilateral donors,"
The Review of International Organizations,
Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 267-284, September.
- Paul Clist & Alessia Isopi & Oliver Morrissey, "undated". "Selectivity on Aid Modality: Determinants of Budget Support from Multilateral Donors," Discussion Papers 11/01, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Hisali, Eria, 2012. "Trade policy reform and international trade tax revenue in Uganda," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2144-2154.
- Smets, Lodewijk & Knack, Stephen, 2014. "World Bank lending and the quality of economic policy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6924, The World Bank.
- Munisi, Gibson & Hermes, Niels & Randøy, Trond, 2014. "Corporate boards and ownership structure: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 785-796.
- Douillet, Mathilde, 2011. "Which trade integration scheme can best help Sub-Saharan Africa develop and export more processed agricultural goods?:," IFPRI discussion papers 1119, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mathilde Douillet, 2012. "Trade policies and agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa: Comparative analysis in a Computable General Equilibrium framework," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/45eb019724s, Sciences Po.
- Szirmai A. & Gebreeyesus M. & Guadagno F. & Verspagen B., 2013. "Promoting productive employment in Sub‐Saharan Africa : a review of the literature," MERIT Working Papers 062, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Gibson Hosea Munisi & Roy Mersland, 2016.
"Ownership, Board Compensation and Company Performance in Sub-Saharan African Countries,"
Journal of Emerging Market Finance,
Institute for Financial Management and Research, vol. 15(2), pages 191-224, August.
- Gibson Hosea Munisi & Roy Mersland, 2013. "Ownership, board compensation and company performance in sub-Saharan African countries," Working Papers CEB 13-041, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Douillet, Mathilde, 2012. "Trade and agricultural policies in Malawi: Not all policy reform is equally good for the poor," MPRA Paper 40948, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Douillet, Mathilde, 2012. "Trade policy reforms in the new agricultural context: Is regional integration a priority for Sub-Saharan African countries agricultural-led industrialization? Insights from a global computable general," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126546, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
Keywordspattern of protection tariff reform political economy Eastern Africa;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:39:y:2011:i:3:p:324-335. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.