How does trade affect regional disparities?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Olga Alonso-Villar, 2005.
"The effects of transport costs revisited,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 5(5), pages 589-604, October.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1993. "Openness, Trade Liberalization, and Growth in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1358-93, September.
- Krugman, Paul & Elizondo, Raul Livas, 1996.
"Trade policy and the Third World metropolis,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 137-150, April.
- Paul Krugman, 1990.
"Increasing Returns and Economic Geography,"
NBER Working Papers
3275, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Javier Sánchez-Reaza, 2002. "The Impact of Trade Liberalization on Regional Disparities in Mexico," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(1), pages 72-90.
- Barry, Frank & Bradley, John, 1997.
"FDI and Trade: The Irish Host-Country Experience,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(445), pages 1798-1811, November.
- Barry, F & Bradley, J, 1997. ""FDI and Trade : The Irish Host-Country Experience"," Papers 97/13, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Julie Litchfield & Neil McCulloch & L. Alan Winters, 2003. "Agricultural Trade Liberalization and Poverty Dynamics in Three Developing Countries," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1285-1291.
- Andr�s Rodr�guez-Pose & Nicholas Gill, 2003. "The global trend towards devolution and its implications," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 21(3), pages 333-351, June.
- Hanson, Gordon H, 1998.
"North American Economic Integration and Industry Location,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 30-44, Summer.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 1998. "North American Economic Integration and Industry Location," NBER Working Papers 6587, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pack, Howard, 1988. "Industrialization and trade," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 9, pages 333-380 Elsevier.
- Hanson, Gordon H., 1996. "Economic integration, intraindustry trade, and frontier regions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 941-949, April.
- Istvan Konya, 2001. "Endogenous mobility, human capital and trade," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 528, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Robin Leichenko & Julie Silva, 2003.
"International Trade, Employment, and Earnings: Evidence from U.S. Rural Counties,"
03-12, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Robin Leichenko & Julie Silva, 2004. "International Trade, Employment and Earnings: Evidence from US Rural Counties," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 355-374.
- Ram Mudambi, 1998. "The Role of Duration in Multinational Investment Strategies," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 29(2), pages 239-261, June.
- Redding, Stephen & Venables, Anthony J., 2004.
"Economic geography and international inequality,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 53-82, January.
- Stephen Redding & Anthony J. Venables, 2001. "Economic geography and international inequality," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3714, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Redding, Stephen J. & Venables, Anthony J, 2000. "Economic Geography and International Inequality," CEPR Discussion Papers 2568, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stephen Redding & Anthony J. Venables, 2001. "Economic Geography and International Inequality," CEP Discussion Papers dp0495, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Stephen Redding & Anthony J. Venables, 2001. "Economic Geography and International Inequality," International Trade 0103003, EconWPA.
- J. Vernon Henderson & Hyoung Gun Wang, 2005. "Aspects of the rural-urban transformation of countries," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 23-42, January.
- Andres RodrIguez-Pose & Nicholas Gill, 2004. "Reassessing Relations between the Centre and the States: The Challenge for the Brazilian Administration," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(7), pages 833-844.
- Puga, Diego, 2001.
"European Regional Policies in Light of Recent Location Theories,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2767, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Diego Puga, 2002. "European regional policies in light of recent location theories," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(4), pages 373-406, October.
- Andr�s Rodr�guez-Pose & Nicholas Gill, 2004. "Is there a global link between regional disparities and devolution?," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 36(12), pages 2097-2117, December.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995.
"Economic Reform and the Process of Global Integration,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 1-118.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995. "Economic Reform and the Progress of Global Integration," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1733, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Thomas W. Hertel & Maros Ivanic & Paul V. Preckel & John A.L. Cranfield & Will Martin, 2003. "Short- versus Long-Run Implications of Trade Liberalization for Poverty in Three Developing Countries," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1299-1306.
- Hatton, Timothy J. & Williamson, Jeffrey G., 1991. "Integrated and Segmented Labor Markets: Thinking in Two Sectors," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 51(02), pages 413-425, June.
- Ian Fuchsloch & Marcos Sawaya Jank & Géraldine Kutas, 2003. "Agricultural Liberalization in Multilateral and Regional Trade Negotiations," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 9361, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Michael Storper & Yun-chung Chen, 2002. "Trade and the location of industries in the OECD and European Union," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(1), pages 73-107, January.
- Feder, Gershon, 1983. "On exports and economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1-2), pages 59-73.
- Elisenda Paluzie, 2001. "articles: Trade policy and regional inequalities," Papers in Regional Science, Springer, vol. 80(1), pages 67-85.
- Gibson, Paul R. & Wainio, John & Whitley, Daniel B. & Bohman, Mary, 2001. "Profiles Of Tariffs In Global Agricultural Markets," Agricultural Economics Reports 34055, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Xiaobo Zhang & Kevin Zhang, 2003. "How Does Globalisation Affect Regional Inequality within A Developing Country? Evidence from China," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 47-67.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:34:y:2006:i:7:p:1201-1222. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.