The Implications of Increasing Globalization and Regionalism for the Economic Growth of Small Island States
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2002. "Growth Is Good for the Poor," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 195-225, September.
- repec:lan:wpaper:899 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:lan:wpaper:541200 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hampton, Mark P. & Christensen, John, 2002. "Offshore Pariahs? Small Island Economies, Tax Havens, and the Re-configuration of Global Finance," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1657-1673, September.
- Harvey W. Armstrong & Robert Read, 1998.
"Trade and Growth in Small States: The Impact of Global Trade Liberalisation,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 563-585, June.
- H W Armstrong & R Read, "undated". "Trade and Growth in Small States: The Impact of Global Trade Liberalisation," Working Papers ec5/98, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- R A Read & H W Armstrong, 1998. "Trade and growth in small states: the impact of global trade liberalisation," Working Papers 539452, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Dommen, Edward, 1980. "Some distinguishing characteristics of island states," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(12), pages 931-943, December.
- Easterly, William & Kraay, Aart, 2000. "Small States, Small Problems? Income, Growth, and Volatility in Small States," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 2013-2027, November.
- Harvey W. Armstrong & Robert Read, 2002. "The phantom of liberty?: economic growth and the vulnerability of small states," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 435-458.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1993. "Openness, Trade Liberalization, and Growth in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1358-1393, September.
- Bertram, Geoffrey, 1986. ""Sustainable development" in Pacific micro-economies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(7), pages 809-822, July.
- Barro, Robert J, 2000. "Inequality and Growth in a Panel of Countries," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 5-32, March.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1998.
"Openness, Productivity and Growth: What Do We Really Know?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 383-398, March.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1997. "Openness, Productivity and Growth: What Do We Really Know?," NBER Working Papers 5978, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Armstrong, H. & De Kervenoael, R. J. & Li, X. & Read, R., 1998.
"A comparison of the economic performance of different micro-states, and between micro-states and larger countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 639-656, April.
- H Armstrong, R de Kervenoael, Xiao-Ming Li and R Read, "undated". "A Comparision of the economic performance of different micro-states and between micro-states and larger countries," Working Papers ec9/97, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Armstrong, Harvey & Read, Robert, 1995. "Western European micro-states and EU autonomous regions: The advantages of size and sovereignty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 1229-1245, July.
- Briguglio, Lino, 1995. "Small island developing states and their economic vulnerabilities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1615-1632, September.
- Read, Robert, 2001. "Growth, Economic Development and Structural Transition in Small Vulnerable States," WIDER Working Paper Series 059, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Armstrong, H W & Read, R, 2000. "Comparing the Economic Performance of Dependent Territories and Sovereign Microstates," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(2), pages 285-306, January.
- repec:lan:wpaper:898 is not listed on IDEAS
- Selwyn, Percy, 1980. "Smallness and islandness," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(12), pages 945-951, December.
- Srinivasan, T N, 1986. "The Costs and Benefits of Being a Small, Remote, Island, Landlocked, or Ministate Economy," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 1(2), pages 205-218, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brau, Rinaldo & Lanza, Alessandro & Pigliaru, Francesco, 2007. "How Fast are Small Tourism Countries Growing? Evidence from the Data for 1980–2003," MPRA Paper 82776, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Manuela Deidda, 2016. "Insularity and economic development: a survey," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 63(2), pages 107-128, June.
- Balcilar, Mehmet & Kutan, Ali M. & Yaya, Mehmet E., 2017. "Testing the dependency theory on small island economies: The case of Cyprus," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1-11.
- Haque, Tobias A. & Knight, David S. & Jayasuriya, Dinuk S., 2012. "Capacity constraints and public financial management in small Pacific Island countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6297, The World Bank.
- R. Brau & A. Lanza & F. Pigliaru, 2006.
"How fast are small tourist countries growing? The 1980-2003 evidence,"
Working Paper CRENoS
200614, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Francesco Pigliaru & Rinaldo Brau & Alessandro Lanza, 2007. "How Fast are Small Tourist Countries Growing? The 1980-2003 Evidence," Working Papers 2007.1, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Yongzheng Yang & Hong Chen & Shiu raj Singh & Baljeet Singh, 2013. "The Pacific Speed of Growth; How Fast Can It Be and What Determines It?," IMF Working Papers 13/104, International Monetary Fund.
- Lilach Nachum & Srilata Zaheer & Shulamith Gross, 2008. "Does It Matter Where Countries Are? Proximity to Knowledge, Markets and Resources, and MNE Location Choices," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(7), pages 1252-1265, July.
- Chien-Chiang Lee & Chi-Chuan Lee & Chun-Ping Chang, 2015. "Globalization, Economic Growth and Institutional Development in China," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(1), pages 31-63, March.
- Claire GOAVEC & Jean-François HOARAU, 2015.
"Vulnérabilité Économique Structurelle Et Dépendance Touristique : Quels Enseignements Pour Les Petites Économies Insulaires En Développement,"
Region et Developpement,
Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 42, pages 157-188.
- Claire Goavec & Jean-François Hoarau, 2015. "Vulnérabilité Économique Structurelle Et Dépendance Touristique: Quels Enseignements Pour Les Petites Économies Insulaires En Développement," Post-Print hal-01454720, HAL.
- Menegaki, Angeliki N., 2013. "Growth and renewable energy in Europe: Benchmarking with data envelopment analysis," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 363-369.
- M. Del Gatto & C. Mastinu, 2015. "Geography, Cultural Remoteness and Economic Development: A Regional Analysis of the Economic Consequences of Insularity," Working Paper CRENoS 201503, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- M. Deidda, 2014. "Insularity and economic development: a survey," Working Paper CRENoS 201407, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Stanley Brunn, 2015. "Philatelic Boosterism: Tourism Stamps Of Small Island States," International Journal for Responsible Tourism, Fundatia Amfiteatru, vol. 4(2), pages 23-52, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:32:y:2004:i:2:p:365-378. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.