Comparing the Economic Performance of Dependent Territories and Sovereign Microstates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David E. Bloom & Morley Gunderson, 1991.
"An Analysis of the Earnings of Canadian Immigrants,"
NBER Chapters,in: Immigration, Trade, and the Labor Market, pages 321-342
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David E. Bloom & Morley Gunderson, 1989. "An Analysis of the Earnings of Canadian Immigrants," NBER Working Papers 3035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher D. Carroll, 1994.
"How does Future Income Affect Current Consumption?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 109(1), pages 111-147.
- Christopher D. Carroll, 1992. "How does future income affect current consumption?," Working Paper Series / Economic Activity Section 126, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Read, Robert, 2004. "The Implications of Increasing Globalization and Regionalism for the Economic Growth of Small Island States," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 365-378, February.
- Blanco Luisa R. & Rogers Cynthia L., 2012. "Do Tax Havens Really Flourish?," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 12(3), pages 1-23, September.
- Anna Maria Pinna & Vania Licio, 2013.
"Measuring insularity as a state of nature. Is there a case of bad geography,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa13p706, European Regional Science Association.
- AM. Pinna & V. Licio, 2013. "Measuring insularity as a state of nature. Is there a case of bad geography?," Working Paper CRENoS 201322, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Shamnaaz B. Sufrauj, 2011. "Islandness and Remoteness as Resources: Evidence from the Tourism Performance of Small Remote Island Economies (SRIES)," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1, pages 29-66, March.
- Hill, Hal, 2001. "Tiny, Poor and War-Torn: Development Policy Challenges for East Timor," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1137-1156, July.
- M. Del Gatto & C. Mastinu, 2015. "Geography, Cultural Remoteness and Economic Development: A Regional Analysis of the Economic Consequences of Insularity," Working Paper CRENoS 201503, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Baldacchino, Godfrey, 2006. "Innovative development strategies from Non-Sovereign Island jurisdictions? A global review of economic policy and governance practices," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 852-867, May.
- Geoffrey BERTRAM, 2015. "Is Independence Good Or Bad For Development In Small Island Economies? A Long-Run Analysis," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 42, pages 31-54.
- Robert Read, 2008.
"Foreign direct investment in small island developing states,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 502-525.
- Read, Robert, 2007. "Foreign Direct Investment in Small Island Developing States," WIDER Working Paper Series 028, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Martin Paldam, 2013. "Safe havens in Europe: Switzerland and the ten dwarfs," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 10(3), pages 377-396, December.
- Fabien Santini & Fatmir Guri & Audrey Aubard & Demetrios Psaltopoulos & Robert Read & Sergio Gomez y Paloma, 2014. "EU Island Farming and the Labelling of its Products," JRC Working Papers JRC84949, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Brau, Rinaldo & Lanza, Alessandro & Pigliaru, Francesco, 2007. "How Fast are Small Tourism Countries Growing? Evidence from the Data for 1980–2003," MPRA Paper 82776, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Congdon Fors, Heather, 2014. "Do island states have better institutions?," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 34-60.
- Manuela Deidda, 2016. "Insularity and economic development: a survey," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 63(2), pages 107-128, June.
- Balcilar, Mehmet & Kutan, Ali M. & Yaya, Mehmet E., 2017. "Testing the dependency theory on small island economies: The case of Cyprus," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1-11.
- Dunn, Leslie, 2011. "The Impact of Political Dependence on Small Island Jurisdictions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 2132-2146.
- Congdon Fors, Heather, 2007. "Island Status, Country Size and Institutional Quality in Former Colonies," Working Papers in Economics 257, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- R. Brau & A. Lanza & F. Pigliaru, 2006.
"How fast are small tourist countries growing? The 1980-2003 evidence,"
Working Paper CRENoS
200614, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Francesco Pigliaru & Rinaldo Brau & Alessandro Lanza, 2007. "How Fast are Small Tourist Countries Growing? The 1980-2003 Evidence," Working Papers 2007.1, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Yongzheng Yang & Hong Chen & Shiu raj Singh & Baljeet Singh, 2013. "The Pacific Speed of Growth; How Fast Can It Be and What Determines It?," IMF Working Papers 13/104, International Monetary Fund.
- Harvey W. Armstrong & Robert Read, 2002. "The phantom of liberty?: economic growth and the vulnerability of small states," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 435-458.
- Bertram, Geoffrey, 2004. "On the Convergence of Small Island Economies with Their Metropolitan Patrons," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 343-364, February.
- Liou, F. M. & Ding, C. G., 2002. "Subgrouping Small States Based on Socioeconomic Characteristics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1289-1306, July.
- M. Deidda, 2014. "Insularity and economic development: a survey," Working Paper CRENoS 201407, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:ecdecc:v:48:y:2000:i:2:p:285-306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/EDCC/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .