Comparing the Economic Performance of Dependent Territories and Sovereign Microstates
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 48 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/EDCC/|
- Robert Read, 2008.
"Foreign direct investment in small island developing states,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 502-525.
- Read, Robert, 2007. "Foreign Direct Investment in Small Island Developing States," WIDER Working Paper Series 028, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Martin Paldam, 2013. "Safe havens in Europe: Switzerland and the ten dwarfs," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 10(3), pages 377-396, December.
- Fabien Santini & Fatmir Guri & Audrey Aubard & Demetrios Psaltopoulos & Robert Read & Sergio Gomez y Paloma, 2014. "EU Island Farming and the Labelling of its Products," JRC Working Papers JRC84949, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Congdon Fors, Heather, 2014. "Do island states have better institutions?," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 34-60.
- Read, Robert, 2004. "The Implications of Increasing Globalization and Regionalism for the Economic Growth of Small Island States," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 365-378, February.
- Blanco Luisa R. & Rogers Cynthia L., 2012. "Do Tax Havens Really Flourish?," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 12(3), pages 1-23, September.
- Anna Maria Pinna & Vania Licio, 2013. "Measuring insularity as a state of nature. Is there a case of bad geography," ERSA conference papers ersa13p706, European Regional Science Association.
- AM. Pinna & V. Licio, 2013. "Measuring insularity as a state of nature. Is there a case of bad geography?," Working Paper CRENoS 201322, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Manuela Deidda, 2016. "Insularity and economic development: a survey," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 63(2), pages 107-128, June.
- Shamnaaz B. Sufrauj, 2011. "Islandness and Remoteness as Resources: Evidence from the Tourism Performance of Small Remote Island Economies (SRIES)," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1, pages 29-66, March.
- Balcilar, Mehmet & Kutan, Ali M. & Yaya, Mehmet E., 2017. "Testing the dependency theory on small island economies: The case of Cyprus," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1-11.
- Hill, Hal, 2001. "Tiny, Poor and War-Torn: Development Policy Challenges for East Timor," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1137-1156, July.
- Dunn, Leslie, 2011. "The Impact of Political Dependence on Small Island Jurisdictions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 2132-2146.
- Congdon Fors, Heather, 2007. "Island Status, Country Size and Institutional Quality in Former Colonies," Working Papers in Economics 257, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- R. Brau & A. Lanza & F. Pigliaru, 2006. "How fast are small tourist countries growing? The 1980-2003 evidence," Working Paper CRENoS 200614, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Francesco Pigliaru & Rinaldo Brau & Alessandro Lanza, 2007. "How Fast are Small Tourist Countries Growing? The 1980-2003 Evidence," Working Papers 2007.1, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Yongzheng Yang & Hong Chen & Shiu raj Singh & Baljeet Singh, 2013. "The Pacific Speed of Growth; How Fast Can It Be and What Determines It?," IMF Working Papers 13/104, International Monetary Fund.
- Harvey W. Armstrong & Robert Read, 2002. "The phantom of liberty?: economic growth and the vulnerability of small states," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 435-458.
- Bertram, Geoffrey, 2004. "On the Convergence of Small Island Economies with Their Metropolitan Patrons," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 343-364, February.
- M. Del Gatto & C. Mastinu, 2015. "Geography, Cultural Remoteness and Economic Development: A Regional Analysis of the Economic Consequences of Insularity," Working Paper CRENoS 201503, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Liou, F. M. & Ding, C. G., 2002. "Subgrouping Small States Based on Socioeconomic Characteristics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1289-1306, July.
- M. Deidda, 2014. "Insularity and economic development: a survey," Working Paper CRENoS 201407, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Baldacchino, Godfrey, 2006. "Innovative development strategies from Non-Sovereign Island jurisdictions? A global review of economic policy and governance practices," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 852-867, May.
- Geoffrey BERTRAM, 2015. "Is Independence Good Or Bad For Development In Small Island Economies? A Long-Run Analysis," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 42, pages 31-54.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:ecdecc:v:48:y:2000:i:2:p:285-306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed