Small island developing states and their economic vulnerabilities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bertram, Geoffrey, 1993. "Sustainability, aid, and material welfare in small south pacific island economies, 1900-1990," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 247-258, February.
- Cole, Rodney V., 1993. "Economic development in the South Pacific promoting the private sector," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 233-245, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Adrian E. Tschoegl, 2003. "Foreign Banks in the Pacific: Some History and Policy Issues," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 03-10, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Salih Turan Katırcıoglu & Sami Fethı & Meryem Duygun Fethı, 2009. "Twin deficits phenomenon in small islands: an empirical investigation by panel data analysis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(15), pages 1569-1573.
- Laplagne, Patrick & Treadgold, Malcolm & Baldry, Jonathan, 2001. "A Model of Aid Impact in Some South Pacific Microstates," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 365-383, February.
- Cook, Paul & Kirkpatrick, Colin, 1998. "Labor market adjustment in small open economies: The case of Micronesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 845-855, May.
- Kazi Abdul, Mannan & A.O, Krueger, 1996. "Sustainability of the new economy: An empirical study of Bangladeshi migrants in Moscow," MPRA Paper 102520, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 1996.
- Azmat Gani, 2009. "Governance and foreign aid in Pacific Island countries," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(1), pages 112-125.
- Anna Maria Pinna & Vania Licio, 2013.
"Measuring insularity as a state of nature. Is there a case of bad geography,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa13p706, European Regional Science Association.
- AM. Pinna & V. Licio, 2013. "Measuring insularity as a state of nature. Is there a case of bad geography?," Working Paper CRENoS 201322, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Camilleri, Silvio John & Falzon, Joseph, 2013. "The Challenges of Productivity Growth in the Small Island States of Europe: A Critical Look of Malta and Cyprus," MPRA Paper 62489, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Horscroft, Virginia, 2014. "Public sectors in the pacific islands : are they'too big'and do they'crowd out'the private sector ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7102, The World Bank.
- Geoffrey BERTRAM, 2015. "Is Independence Good Or Bad For Development In Small Island Economies? A Long-Run Analysis," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 42, pages 31-54.
- S. Selvadurai & R. Moorthy & N. Lyndon & A. C. Er, 2011. "Persistence of Traditional Retailing in an Island Town," American Journal of Economics and Business Administration, Science Publications, vol. 3(3), pages 450-455, September.
- Azmat Gani, 2006. "Pacific island countries high per capita foreign aid requirement," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(2), pages 285-292.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:23:y:1995:i:9:p:1615-1632. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.