Facilitating the Provision of Farm Credit: The Role of Interlocking Transactions Between Traders and Zamindars in Crop Marketing Systems in Sindh
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bell, Clive, 1988. "Credit markets and interlinked transactions," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 16, pages 763-830 Elsevier.
- Crow, Ben & Murshid, K. A. S., 1994. "Economic returns to social power: Merchants' finance and interlinkage in the grain markets of Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 1011-1030, July.
- Faruqee, Rashid & Coleman, Jonathan R & Scott, Tom, 1997. "Managing Price Risk in the Pakistan Wheat Market," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 11(2), pages 263-292, May.
- Ali Muhammed Khushk & Laurence E.D. Smith, 1996. "A Preliminary Analysis of the Marketing of Mango in Sindh Province, Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 35(3), pages 241-255.
- Faiz Mohammad, 1985. "Farm Prices and the Green Revolution. Some Reflections on the Performance of Private Agricultural Markets in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 24(2), pages 103-123.
- Bhaduri, Amit, 1986. "Forced commerce and agrarian growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 267-272, February.
- Basu, Santonu, 1997. "Why institutional credit agencies are reluctant to lend to the rural poor: A theoretical analysis of the Indian rural credit market," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 267-280, February.
- Bell, Clive & Srinivasan, T N, 1989. "Interlinked Transactions in Rural Markets: An Empirical Study of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar and Punjab," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 51(1), pages 73-83, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:27:y:1999:i:2:p:403-418. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.