Why institutional credit agencies are reluctant to lend to the rural poor: A theoretical analysis of the Indian rural credit market
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bell, Clive, 1988. "Credit markets and interlinked transactions," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 16, pages 763-830 Elsevier.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1987. "Disneyland monopoly, interlinkage and usurious interest rates," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 1-17, October.
- A. G. Chandavarkar, 1965. "The Premium for Risk as a Determinant of Interest Rates in Underdeveloped Rural Areas: Comment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 79(2), pages 322-325.
- Braverman, Avishay & Srinivasan, T. N., 1981. "Credit and sharecropping in agrarian societies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 289-312, December.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1983. "The Emergence of Isolation and Interlinkage in Rural Markets," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(2), pages 262-280, July.
- Dasgupta, Partha, 1995. "An Inquiry into Well-Being and Destitution," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288350, April.
- Ghose, Ajit K. & Saith, Ashwani, 1976. "Indebtedness, tenancy and the adoption of new technology in semi-feudal agriculture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 305-319, April.
- Basu, Santonu, 1989. "Deregulation: Small Business Access to the Capital Market--Theoretical Issues with Special Reference to Australian Bank Finance," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(52), pages 141-159, June.
- anonymous, 1965. "Reply to R. Banerjee," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 11(7), pages 755-756, May.
- Bardhan, Pranab K, 1980. "Interlocking Factor Markets and Agrarian Development: A Review of Issues," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(1), pages 82-98, March.
- Basu, Santonu, 1994. "Deregulation of the Australian Banking Sector: A Theoretical Perspective," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(63), pages 272-285, December.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N & Chakravarty, Sukhamoy, 1969. "Contributions to Indian Economic Analysis: A Survey," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(4), pages 2-73, Part II S.
- Bell, Clive, 1990. "Interactions between Institutional and Informal Credit Agencies in Rural India," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 297-327, September.
- Bhaduri, Amit, 1977. "On the Formation of Usurious Interest Rates in Backward Agriculture," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(4), pages 341-352, December.