The revival of smallholder cash crops in Africa: public and private roles in the provision of finance
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Crow, Ben & Murshid, K. A. S., 1994. "Economic returns to social power: Merchants' finance and interlinkage in the grain markets of Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 1011-1030, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Berhanu Gebremedhin & Moti Jaleta & Dirk Hoekstra, 2009. "Smallholders, institutional services, and commercial transformation in Ethiopia," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(s1), pages 773-787, November.
- Andrew Dorward & Jonathan Kydd & Colin Poulton & Dirk Bezemer, 2009.
"Coordination Risk and Cost Impacts on Economic Development in Poor Rural Areas,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(7), pages 1093-1112, August.
- Dorward, Andrew & Kydd, Jonathan & Poulton, Colin & Bezemer, Dirk, 2007. "Coordination risk and cost impacts on economic development in poor rural areas," MPRA Paper 7028, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Govereh, Jones & Jayne, Thomas S., 1999.
"Effects of Cash Crop Production on Food Crop Productivity in Zimbabwe: Synergies or Trade-offs?,"
Food Security International Development Working Papers
54670, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Govereh, Jones & Jayne, Thomas S., 1999. "Effects of Cash Crop Production on Food Crop Productivity in Zimbabwe: Synergies or Trade-Offs?," Food Security International Development Policy Syntheses 11371, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Dijkstra, A. Geske & Kees van Donge, Jan, 2001. "What Does the 'Show Case' Show? Evidence of and Lessons from Adjustment in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 841-863, May.
- Gockowski, James & Ndoumbe, Michel, 2004. "The adoption of intensive monocrop horticulture in southern Cameroon," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 195-202, May.
- Crawford, Eric W. & Kelly, Valerie A., 2001. "Evaluating Measures To Improve Agricultural Input Use," Staff Papers 11686, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:9:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0727-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Masanjala, Winford, 2007. "The poverty-HIV/AIDS nexus in Africa: A livelihood approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(5), pages 1032-1041, March.
- Shiferaw, Bekele & Obare, Gideon & Muricho, Geoffrey, 2006. "Rural institutions and producer organizations in imperfect markets: experiences from producer marketing groups in semi-arid eastern Kenya," CAPRi working papers 60, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Deb, Rahul & Suri, Tavneet, 2013. "Endogenous emergence of credit markets: Contracting in response to a new technology in Ghana," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 268-283.
- Winter-Nelson, Alex & Temu, Anna, 2002. "Institutional Adjustment and Transaction Costs: Product and Inputs Markets in the Tanzanian Coffee System," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 561-574, April.
- Poulton, Colin & Dorward, Andrew & Kydd, Jonathan, 2010. "The Future of Small Farms: New Directions for Services, Institutions, and Intermediation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1413-1428, October.
- Sylvaine Lemeilleur, 2014. "The role of input vouchers in modernizing the fresh fruit and vegetable market in Turkey," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(4), pages 477-487, July.
- Dries, Liesbeth & Gorton, Matthew & White, John & Urutyan, Vardan E. & Sardaryan, Gagik, 2012. "The Role Of Agribusiness In Stimulating On-Farm Investments Â€“ Case-Study Of The Armenian Dairy Sector," APSTRACT: Applied Studies in Agribusiness and Commerce, AGRIMBA, vol. 6.
- Okello, Julius J. & Kirui, Oliver K. & Gitonga, Zachary M. & Njiraini, Georgina W. & Nzuma, Jonathan M., 0. "Determinants of Awareness and Use ICT-based Market Information Services in Developing-Country Agriculture: The Case of Smallholder Farmers in Kenya," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-UniversitÃ¤t zu Berlin, vol. 53.
- Heltberg, R. & Tarp, F., 2002.
"Agricultural supply response and poverty in Mozambique,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 103-124, April.
- Heltberg, Rasmus & Tarp, Finn, 2001. "Agricultural Supply Response and Poverty in Mozambique," WIDER Working Paper Series 114, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Govereh, Jones & Jayne, T. S., 2003.
"Cash cropping and food crop productivity: synergies or trade-offs?,"
Blackwell, vol. 28(1), pages 39-50, January.
- Govereh, Jones & Jayne, T.S., 2003. "Cash cropping and food crop productivity: synergies or trade-offs?," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 28(1), January.
- Adjognon, Serge G. & Liverpool-Tasie, Lenis Saweda O. & Reardon, Thomas A., 2017. "Agricultural input credit in Sub-Saharan Africa: Telling myth from facts," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 93-105.
- Kelly, Valerie A., 2005. "Farmers' Demand for Fertilizer in Sub-Saharan Africa," Staff Papers 11612, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Henson, Spencer & Masakure, Oliver & Boselie, David, 2005. "Private food safety and quality standards for fresh produce exporters: The case of Hortico Agrisystems, Zimbabwe," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 371-384, August.
- Kelly, Valerie & Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Gordon, Ann, 2003. "Expanding access to agricultural inputs in Africa: a review of recent market development experience," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 379-404, August.
- Takamasa Akiyama & John Baffes & Donald Larson & Panos Varangis, 2001. "Commodity Market Reforms : Lessons of Two Decades," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13852.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jintdv:v:10:y:1998:i:1:p:85-103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home .