Rescuing gender from the poverty trap
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Haddad, Lawrence & Kanbur, Ravi, 1992.
"Is There an Intrahousehold Kuznets Curve? Some Evidence from the Philippines,"
Public Finance = Finances publiques,
, vol. 47(Supplemen), pages 77-93.
- Haddad, L. & Kanbur, R., 1990. "Is There An Intra-Household Kuznets Curve? Some Evidence from the Philippines," Papers 101, Warwick - Development Economics Research Centre.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Haddad, Lawrence, 1990. "Is there an intra household Kuznets curve? Some evidence from the Philippines," Policy Research Working Paper Series 466, The World Bank.
- Judith Heyer, 1992. "The role of dowries and daughters' marriages in the accumulation and distribution of capital in a South Indian Community," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(4), pages 419-436, July.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Haddad, Lawrence, 1994.
"Are Better Off Households More Unequal or Less Unequal?,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 46(3), pages 445-458, July.
- Haddad, Lawrence & Kanbur, Ravi, 1990. "Are better off households more unequal or less unequal ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 373, The World Bank.
- Bruce, Judith, 1989. "Homes divided," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 979-991, July.
- Moore, H., 1994. "Is There a Crisis in the Family?," Papers 3, United Nations - Research Institute of Social Development.
- N/A, 1991. "Appraisal," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 138(1), pages 3-5, November.
- Handa, Sudhanshu, 1994. "Gender, headship and intrahousehold resource allocation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 1535-1547, October.
- Payne, Philip & Lipton, Michael, 1994. "How Third World rural households adapt to dietary energy stress," Food policy reviews 2, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Wadley, Susan S., 1993. "Family composition strategies in rural north India," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 1367-1376, December.
- Kennedy, Eileen & Peters, Pauline, 1992. "Household food security and child nutrition: the interaction of income and gender of household head," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(8), pages 1077-1085, August.
- Buvinic, Mayra, 1986. "Projects for women in the third world: Explaining their misbehavior," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 653-664, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sunny Jose, 2009. "Women, Paid Work and Empowerment in India: A Review of Evidence and Issues," Working Papers id:2064, eSocialSciences.
- Wendy Olsen, 2005. "Moral Political Economy and Poverty: Four Theoretical Schools Compared," Economics Series Working Papers GPRG-WPS-031, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Varley, Ann, 2007. "Gender and Property Formalization: Conventional and Alternative Approaches," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 1739-1753, October.
- Shaffer, Paul, 1998. "Gender, poverty and deprivation: Evidence from the Republic of Guinea," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(12), pages 2119-2135, December.
- Cornwall, Andrea, 2003. "Whose Voices? Whose Choices? Reflections on Gender and Participatory Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 1325-1342, August.
- Joseph Deutsch & Jacques Silber, 2017. "Does women’s empowerment affect the health of children? The case of Mozambique," WIDER Working Paper Series 211, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Kibriya, Shahriar & Xu, Zhicheng & Ghimire, Narishwar, 2014. "The impact of conflict induced exile on entitlement of food: Evidence from rural Liberia," MPRA Paper 60190, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Trommlerová, Sofia Karina & Klasen, Stephan & Leßmann, Ortrud, 2015.
"Determinants of Empowerment in a Capability-Based Poverty Approach: Evidence from The Gambia,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 1-15.
- Sofia Karina Trommlerová & Stephan Klasen & Ortrud Lessmann, 2013. "Determinants of Empowerment in a Capability Based Poverty Approach: Evidence from The Gambia," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 147, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Rao, Nitya, 2006. "Land rights, gender equality and household food security: Exploring the conceptual links in the case of India," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 180-193, April.
- Baliamoune–Lutz, Mina & McGillivray, Mark, 2015. "The impact of gender inequality in education on income in Africa and the Middle East," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 1-11.
- Vittoria Cerasi & Lucia Dalla Pellegrina, 2009. "Solidarity Behind Microfinance," Working Papers 20091101, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Dipartimento di Statistica.
- Jackson, Cecile, 2002. "Disciplining Gender?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 497-509, March.
- Koko Siaka Koné, 2002. "Pauvreté, genre et stratégies de survie des ménages en Côte d'Ivoire," Documents de travail 73, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
- Carmen Diana Deere & Gina E. Alvarado & Jennifer Twyman, 2012. "Gender Inequality in Asset Ownership in Latin America: Female Owners vs Household Heads," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 43(2), pages 505-530, March.
- Bridget O'Laughlin & Kiran Asher & Bimbika Sijapati Basnett, 2016. "Forum 2016," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 47(4), pages 952-964, July.
- Razavi, Shahra, 1997. "Fitting gender into development institutions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1111-1125, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:24:y:1996:i:3:p:489-504. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.