The role of dowries and daughters' marriages in the accumulation and distribution of capital in a South Indian Community
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Srinivasan, Sharada, 2005. "Daughters or dowries? The changing nature of dowry practices in south India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 593-615, April.
- Rao, Nitya & Pradhan, Mamata & Roy, Devesh, 2017. "Gender justice and food security in India: A review," IFPRI discussion papers 1600, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Siwan Anderson, 2007. "Dowry and Property Rights," Working Papers id:1104, eSocialSciences.
- Das Gupta, Monica & Li Shuzhuo, 1999. "Gender bias in China, the Republic of Korea, and India 1920-90 - effects of war, famine, and fertility decline," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2140, The World Bank.
- Srinivasan, Sharada & Bedi, Arjun S., 2007.
"Domestic Violence and Dowry: Evidence from a South Indian Village,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 857-880, May.
- Srinivasan, S. & Bedi, A.S., 2006. "Domestic violence and dowry: evidence from a south Indian village," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19188, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Jayaraman, Rajshri & Lanjouw, Peter, 1999.
"The Evolution of Poverty and Inequality in Indian Villages,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 1-30, February.
- Jayraman, Raji & Lanjouw, Peter, 1998. "The evolution of poverty and inequality in Indian villages," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1870, The World Bank.
- Jackson, Cecile, 1996. "Rescuing gender from the poverty trap," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 489-504, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jintdv:v:4:y:1992:i:4:p:419-436. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .